Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strikes me it's more likely Jericho will be playing face given his pandering to the crowd and the fact he was the one who took the verbal beatdown on Raw....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jericho's face turn is in full motion, with spouting his babyface catchphrases and the "eeeeeeeeeeeeever again" comedy with Bryan. He'll definitely be face when Jericho/Ziggler face off at SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

As I understand, the Pro Wrestling section on boards.ie used to be in TV/films. Who lobbied to get it placed under the Sports section and when did it go through? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    As I understand, the Pro Wrestling section on boards.ie used to be in TV/films. Who lobbied to get it placed under the Sports section and when did it go through? :)

It was definitely under sports when i arrived on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Could have sworn I saw a post somewhere about the forums under the 'Sports' section being re-arranged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was just reading up on Shark Boy's lawsuit against Miramax and Disney over the use of the name Shark Boy which he had trademarked.

Does anyone have any idea how much he made in the settlement? I'd imagine it must've been a pretty tidy sum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jaykhunter wrote: »

Bombidol afaik.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    Bombidol afaik.

pretty sure your right, although I feel I should know for def. good auld Bombidol, not only did he do the above most likely but he also makes me look like a far more active mod than I am in comparison. Wonder what percentage of PW posters have ever even seen him post on PW?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

pretty sure your right, although I feel I should know for def. good auld Bombidol, not only did he do the above most likely but he also makes me look like a far more active mod than I am in comparison. Wonder what percentage of PW posters have ever even seen him post on PW?

I've always wondered whats the story with Bombidol, why is he still a mod when he no longer contributes to PW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I've a question thats been bugging me as of late.

How close was WWF to collapsing back in 96/97?

On Legends of Wrestling, JR and Michael Hayes alluded to "closer than people are willing to admit" in the WCW edition.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've always wondered whats the story with Bombidol, why is he still a mod when he no longer contributes to PW?

I should read up on these things as I cant remember too much of what was going on on boards from my teen years as well I was a teenager and had other things on my mind than who was modding where etc but Bombidol essentially created PW boards iirc and even though he may not be about he isn't going to be removed as Mod to acknowledge what he did.

I wouldn't call him our Vince though as we had a mod called Vince who funnily was a mod for several months after resigning (cant think of a better term for it than that) as the admins simply forgot to un/de-mod him. Like if Bombidol did now it would shock people if Vince banned or infracted someone as many were confused that he was even a mod, but thankfully he only acted against those who deserved it.

I'm calling it now. Bombidol to make a surprise appearance in the Raw 1000th episode thread on Monday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

You've got to fear a guy who's named after a character from Lord Of The Rings, for sure. Bombodil, I am callin your ass out. Ladder match for control of the message board. Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Garseys wrote: »
    I've a question thats been bugging me as of late.

How close was WWF to collapsing back in 96/97?

On Legends of Wrestling, JR and Michael Hayes alluded to "closer than people are willing to admit" in the WCW edition.....

close, in 1996 the company had alot of debt and numerous loans out, they lost $4.5m in 1995 (based on current revenue about the same as losing $25m today), at one point they were forced to sell the water coolers in the offices at hq to pay bills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Do the likes of roh and others have as many 2nd/3rd gen wrestlers as wwe has? Seems like every second newcomer is someones son/brother/nephew in wwe (only realised today that Camacho is Hakus son, plus youve the usos, primo + epico, ADR, the various harts, zigglers brother in fcw, alicia foxs sister, perfect jr, IRSs kids etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

ceegee wrote: »
    Do the likes of roh and others have as many 2nd/3rd gen wrestlers as wwe has? Seems like every second newcomer is someones son/brother/nephew in wwe (only realised today that Camacho is Hakus son, plus youve the usos, primo + epico, ADR, the various harts, zigglers brother in fcw, alicia foxs sister, perfect jr, IRSs kids etc)

In fairness not many people train to be wrestlers other than relatives of other wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

ceegee wrote: »

In fairness not many people train to be wrestlers other than relatives of other wrestlers.

Good point, still seems a bit strange how many go into it having seen family members and friends end up trainwrecks from the business

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Swagger fighting Ryback this week, it got me thinking here's this former ECW and World Heavyweight champ who's now fighting a guy just coming out of squash matches.
    So was wondering, which former WWE or World Heavyweight champ has fallen the furthest, whether he's still with the company or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Is Tyler Reks named such so that he can be referred to as T Rex?

Is Tyler Reks named such so that he can be referred to as T Rex?

Yes

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With Swagger fighting Ryback this week, it got me thinking here's this former ECW and World Heavyweight champ who's now fighting a guy just coming out of squash matches.
    So was wondering, which former WWE or World Heavyweight champ has fallen the furthest, whether he's still with the company or not?

I'd say Miz, who went from being a poster boy for WWE (main eventing Mania, going on talk shows, etc) to losing left and right to everyone with a pulse and struggling to get on PPVs. I know he's getting a movie soon but so did Ted DiBiase and it meant nothing. At least with Swagger, his main event run was short and came a few weeks after losing to Santino regularly; he was never presented as a big deal or the face of the company. Miz was nearly Mr. WWE for a while and then dropped right down to the bottom rung of the ladder...

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

What was the controversy at the end of the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000?
    Ive heard Bob Holly begin to talk about it but I didnt get the complete answer. It looked to me like a perfect finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

What was the controversy at the end of the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000?
    Ive heard Bob Holly begin to talk about it but I didnt get the complete answer. It looked to me like a perfect finish.

I presume this is what your referring to, been asked a few times
    there was a hardcore Time Limit Battle Royal once where they seemed to lose track of the time by accident and they had the wrong winner when the time ran out. IIRC, it was at a Wrestlemania, Hardcore Holly won by mistake and dropped the Hardcore title back to Crash the next night.
    WrestleMania 2000 in the Hardcore battle royal there was a time limit and whoever had gotten the last fall before it ran out would win the title. Crash Holly was meant to win but the time ran out and Hardcore Holly had the last fall so he won the title by accident

Looks to me like they knew the time was going to run out, but Crash Holly was supposed to kick out and keep the belt. The referee didn't slam his hand down for the three and Jim Ross was saying he got his shoulder up (when he clearly didn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is there any word on when Wade Barrett will return to action?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is there any reason why they don't announce the divas weight during their entrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Cos there'd be murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is there any reason why they don't announce the divas weight during their entrances?
    I suppose no good can really come from it. The girl will only be called fat or anorexic.

They call out the wrestler's weight as it's supposed to be intimidating.

Divas are not chosen to be intimidating.

Did they ever call out Chyna's weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Just been checking on You Tube there to be sure, in case they did ever but as expected, no, they never announced her weight from what I can see. Anyway, she had her big bazooka to block out any information that she didn't like the ring announcers puttin forward!

Advertisement