Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is there any reason why they don't announce the divas weight during their entrances?
    Because women don't like to publicly announce their weight, pretty common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes but bear in mind that some of us wrestling fans don't deal too well with common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When did miz become (actually this might be a recent)
    Inter champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

CMpunked wrote: »
    When did miz become (actually this might be a recent)
    Inter champ?

Raw 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ceegee wrote: »
    Raw 1000

Really? REALLY?

I youtubed the show, obviously the uploader missed it out. Or was that on the pre-show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

All the Divas weights are listed on Wikipedia, not sure how accurate Wiki is for weights though. Eve Torres's Wikipedia page has a nice life-size photo of her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CMpunked wrote: »
    Really? REALLY?

I youtubed the show, obviously the uploader missed it out. Or was that on the pre-show?

More or less in the middle of the show :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

will dx be making regular appearances on monday night raw now again?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Definitely not and hopefully never again!

Triple H and Shawn Michaels might make the occasional appearance but that's it. I doubt we'll see the others again until the next milestone show at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The August 6th Raw from San Antonio Texas is Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night so expect all the members of DX to be on that show too, and possibly Marty Jannetty, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has that "appreciation night" been advertised on TV at all? IIRC, the Bret Hart appreciation night was not a televised event at all, and the HBK one might be for the live audience only (ie a segment after Raw goes off the air).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Reading Ric Flairs book at the moment. Excellent read. Have himself and Bischoff and Hogan made up for their WCW fall outs, or were they just being professional with each other in TNA?

Flair really hasn't a good word t say about either in the book (and I do realise it was written about 8 years ago).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gimmick wrote: »
    Reading Ric Flairs book at the moment. Excellent read. Have himself and Bischoff and Hogan made up for their WCW fall outs, or were they just being professional with each other in TNA?

Yes and no. Ric and Eric had a backstage fight in WWE that relieved tension. The power dynamic in WWE changed drastically when WCW folded and Bischoff went to WWE where Ric was in a better spot politically. Also time heals all wounds.

Like most of Ric's relationship whether it be things or people there is an abusive element to his relationship with Hogan/Bischoff. Hogan/Bischoff will use Ric as he is RIC FREAKIN FLAIR and he is/was one of the last opponents Hulk thought could carry Hogan to a presentable match without hurting him. But of course Ric loses 99.9% of the time when they wrestle and as a result the gulf in star power would get wider & wider each time they would have a feud together. But money talks with Flair so he goes along with it. In my view then the relationship is still transactional to a large degree.

Flair seems to be the type of guy who will work with his worst enemy if he is getting well paid to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Flair seems to be the type of guy who will work with his worst enemy if he is getting well paid to do so.

Now his motive is money most likely. But back in the 70s & 80s he just wanted to please fans, promoters and fellow wrestlers by giving them the best match possibly hence why he did so many jobs and fought on the back foot even for a heel. Not to be all Oprah but he was an adopted child looking for acceptance with what I think is still undiagnosed dyslexia & ADD born at a time when it was extremely hard(er) to be any of those things. I think Flair will seek the acceptance from anyone or anything no matter what the terms are.

He is a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Josh Matthews. Why?

Josh Matthews. Why?

Why not?

Josh Matthews. Why?

I kinda like him on Are You Serious, interacts well with Road Dogg. He gets overshadowed a bit on Smackdown but think thats partly due to having a 3 man commentary team, and Bookers rambling nonsense not giving him a chance to talk much

I will always have a soft spot for him cause of the original Tough Enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what was Sheamus on about when he asked if he was okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So what was Sheamus on about when he asked if he was okay?

Someone mentioned it was a joke that had to do with a rumour last week that Sheamus had died.(these rumours seem to pop up about random people every few weeks these days)

Didnt he witness the Tim White suicide attempts? He could be mentally scarred and Sheamo is the only person to ever ask how he is handling it :pac:

Which would further Sheamus' rep as a daycent oul skin, give ya the shirt off his back, but hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I kinda like him on Are You Serious, interacts well with Road Dogg. He gets overshadowed a bit on Smackdown but think thats partly due to having a 3 man commentary team, and Bookers rambling nonsense not giving him a chance to talk much

Yeah. I just don't get his purpose really apart from popping up backstage and accosting Sheamus with his microphone.

His tan is special as well.

On the subject of Shambo backstage why is he always wandering around there on his own with the belt?
    He has this slightly pensive look like he is mentally reciting the works of Patrick Kavanagh.

Yeah. I just don't get his purpose really apart from popping up backstage and accosting Sheamus with his microphone.

His tan is special as well.

On the subject of Shambo backstage why is he always wandering around there on his own with the belt?
    He has this slightly pensive look like he is mentally reciting the works of Patrick Kavanagh.

He commentates on the Superstars matches recorded after Raw so he's gonna be about the place anyway and saves them having to hire someone to do the backstage segments.

Sheamus wandering about with the belt on is no stranger than the people who wander around in full ring gear when theyve no match on that night, or talk to themselves without noticing a cameraman two feet away. In fact, if something happens backstage youre pretty much guaranteed itll make zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He commentates on the Superstars matches recorded after Raw so he's gonna be about the place anyway and saves them having to hire someone to do the backstage segments.

Sheamus wandering about with the belt on is no stranger than the people who wander around in full ring gear when theyve no match on that night, or talk to themselves without noticing a cameraman two feet away. In fact, if something happens backstage youre pretty much guaranteed itll make zero sense.

Maybe he's looking for the person who gave him the black eye.

As for not noticing the cameraman, it would be great if they were consistent in what's supposedly seen and unseen. Like how many times has there being a backstage segment which is supposedly a private meeting that none of the others are supposed to be aware of, but we know of course? Then other times the others come out and address something they watched happening. I know it's all part of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

rovert wrote: »
    Now his motive is money most likely. But back in the 70s & 80s he just wanted to please fans, promoters and fellow wrestlers by giving them the best match possibly hence why he did so many jobs and fought on the back foot even for a heel. Not to be all Oprah but he was an adopted child looking for acceptance with what I think is still undiagnosed dyslexia & ADD born at a time when it was extremely hard(er) to be any of those things. I think Flair will seek the acceptance from anyone or anything no matter what the terms are.

He is a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. :pac:

And soaked in whiskey. Don't forget the whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, this is a thread for actual questions, as opposed to the above about Josh Mathews.

• Advertisement

Surely that could have gone into the Raw thread, if you wanted to give out about the guy??

Advertisement