Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe he's looking for the person who gave him the black eye.

As for not noticing the cameraman, it would be great if they were consistent in what's supposedly seen and unseen. Like how many times has there being a backstage segment which is supposedly a private meeting that none of the others are supposed to be aware of, but we know of course? Then other times the others come out and address something they watched happening. I know it's all part of the show.

I think TNA do that really well. If they aren't supposed to know the camera is on them, it's always further back, or peeking around a corner or something. Basically it looks like they are being spied on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that was a debate against TNA on here before. I don't really mind that much about the cameras backstage, because I'm used to it. Then when I see TNA, I find the technique unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 baked beanz

Iv only started watching WWE again since WM and was wondering has anybody ever lost or had their MITB briefcase stolen?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Kennedy (TNA's Mr Anderson) lost his to Edge.

The story goes that he and WWE were told he had suffered an injury which would see him out for months. At the same time, Undertaker, the World Champ, suffered an injury which required him to drop the title. WWE, needing a quick fix, had Edge take the MITB off Kennedy on Raw and then cash in the next night on Smackdown to win the World title.

Unfortunately(IIRC) for Kennedy, a few days later he was told his injury wasn't nearly as bad as they had feared and he'd only miss about three weeks. I remember people at the time saying if they had known that, Kennedy likely could have worked a match to win the title and then just cut promos for a few weeks before he started wrestling again.

Edge. The ultimate opportunist.

Other than that, and Cena on Raw last week, everyone who has won MITB has gone on to cash in successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Iv only started watching WWE again since WM and was wondering has anybody ever lost or had their MITB briefcase stolen?
    Someone losing the case would be epic. You could have them at he airport waiting for hpurs for it to come around on the carousel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Someone losing the case would be epic. You could have them at he airport waiting for hpurs for it to come around on the carousel.

Next Monday, Des from Customs shows up on RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Next Monday, Des from Customs shows up on RAW.

Together with Jerry Lawler's Domino's pizza guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Why did Tommy Dreamer drink Takers tobacco spit years ago?
    It was funny as it reminded me of Dumb and Dumber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why did Tommy Dreamer drink Takers tobacco spit years ago?
    It was funny as it reminded me of Dumb and Dumber.

As he would do similar things backstage for the craic.

Did they kinda make Tommy Dreamer into a bit of a joke character when he wrestled in WWE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

just wondering, how many of the Divas in WWE today were actually signed with wrestling experience? or are they all just former models found in catalogues?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

*Natalya was trained in the Hart Dungeon and spent some time in Japan, as well as wrestling a couple of matches for SHIMMER. she had actually been retired for a year or so before she was signed to WWE.
    *Beth Phoenix was trained exclusively in OVW when WWE still had ties. but she didn't have a developmental contract and trained there on her own money so she wrestled on the indies as well. similar story with Serena. she also had an amateur wrestling background
    *AJ was on the indies for three years, mostly with WSU and then had a further three years in FCW

there's actually hardly any former models left on the roster. Kelly Kelly, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox are the only ones i think as well as Summer Rae from NXT. the rest were never models. Eve, Layla and Naomi were dancers. Eve and Kelly were both gymnasts. Maxine was a criminologist. Cameron was a behaviour therapist or something like that. both Aksana and Kaitlyn were body builders.

there's actually a lot of women down in FCW with previous experience
    *Sofia Cortez - eight years in the indies in Chicago and Puerto Rico
    *Paige - seven years in the UK
    *Buggy Nova - two years in California
    *Tenille Tayla - trained by Lance Storm with about four years experience in Australia

Caylee Turner and Audrey Marie were signed with no experience but have both been there for a couple of years now. Raquel Diaz was signed last year. Ric Flair's daughter recently popped up there and there's also a new Russian girl called Anya who i think comes from a fitness background

Tenille wrestled in SHIMMER for a while too. Beth Phoenix and Paige did a couple of shows as well but not many.

*Beth Phoenix was trained exclusively in OVW when WWE still had ties. but she didn't have a developmental contract and trained there on her own money so she wrestled on the indies as well.

Wasn't there a story (told by Beth herself on Cabana's podcast iirc) that Molly Holly actually contributed money to her training as well? Not that they were friends or anything, but that Molly saw so much potential in Beth, she paid for part of her training?

Wasn't there a story (told by Beth herself on Cabana's podcast iirc) that Molly Holly actually contributed money to her training as well? Not that they were friends or anything, but that Molly saw so much potential in Beth, she paid for part of her training?

Yep. It was an anonymous donation.

you'll get a chuckle about where Beth got the rest of the money for her training. she's actually a trained concert pianist and she paid for her training by playing for weddings and christenings, as well as playing the organ in churches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Why did WWE do nothing with Ultimo Dragon?

It's WWE. He was a cruiser weight. Do we need to say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Plus he was in his mid to late 30's surely at that stage? And did he speak English?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

But they did nothing with him even within the existing Cruiserweight division at the time.

• Advertisement

Well WWE have a history of cutting people down to size when they come to work for them.

They had Rey and he was a difficult act to follow as Dragon didnt have his charisma.

Dragon didnt have great matches.

One masked guy was enough to the degree WWE wanted Dragon to unmask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Dragon's 2 botches at WrestleMania XX didn't help either! He slipped as soon as he came out, it was hilarious. Then he couldn't scale the turnbuckle properly to pose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Think I remember reading he had a botched surgery (shoulder iirc) and wasn't the same after it.

Is he still knocking around in Japan or Mexico or anywhere? I used to love his matches before.

They apparently signed him without having seen any of his stuff before. After he worked one match on TV they suddenly decided his style was incompatible with everyone else on the roster. Apparently they even edited out all the cheers he was getting on Velocity too

Still going strong in Japan. Had a look at him recently and he is nowhere near the wrestler he used to be. Decent at best nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In his prime Ultimo was amazing though. Walking around with nine belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

In his prime Ultimo was amazing though. Walking around with nine belts.

dragon circa 1995-96 was phenomenal, probably best junior hw on earth at the time and thats saying something because you had eddie, jericho, benoit, malenko, rey, sasuke all in their primes around that time

the dragon that signed for wwe in 2003 was a shadow of his former self, he was coming off what looked like career ending surgery few months earlier and really had no business wrestling at that time, it was almost as sad watching him perform in wwe as it was watching terry gordy in 1996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has The Rock responded yet to CM Punk on twitter over what happened on Raw 1000?

Advertisement