Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There's also the possibility that he chose his own name, for any number of reasons. Perhaps he didn't want to be seen as just slotting into his father's spot. Anyone know the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

There's also the possibility that he chose his own name, for any number of reasons. Perhaps he didn't want to be seen as just slotting into his father's spot. Anyone know the reason?
    I think in his intro promos on NXT, he said he wanted to carve his own niche, not be under his fathers shadow. I thinkMcGillicutty Was his mothers maiden name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

What are Chris Masters and John Morrison up to now?

Any chance TNA will sign either of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

deisedude wrote: »

Masters has been going on about TNA on Twitter for a while. He had a dark match and wants to join but they havent offered anything yet.

Morrison I think is just working Indy shows. Probably thinking he might get another shot in WWE considering how long he was there.

I think that he left them on good terms and told them that he intended to get back to them someday (John Morrisson), he just felt like touring around on the independent circuit again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have any of the new wrestlers that were heavily promoed by WWE before their arrival actually been successful?
    I mean we've had Nathan Jones, Carlito Carribbean Cool, Tensai, Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, etc. And out of all of them, Alberto seems to be the only one doing well. And that seems to just be due to WWE not wanting to give up on him.

And yes, I know Tensai was Albert, but this was like a redebut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Masters could be one of the Aces and 8's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When did WWE start using the Lee in AJ Lee again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CMpunked wrote: »
    When did WWE start using the Lee in AJ Lee again?
    As soon as she was named Raw gm, they started calling her that again

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

deisedude wrote: »

Chris Masters spent a good part of this year over in India with Ring Ka King, a TV show that uses a lot of TNA talent. Abyss, Matt Morgan, Mickie James, Angelina Love, Scott Steiner, Chavo Guerrero and Cheerleader Melissa were all over there too. surprise he was doing the Master Lock Challenge again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    Masters could be one of the Aces and 8's.

That tattoo would be a bit of a give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Chris Masters spent a good part of this year over in India with Ring Ka King, a TV show that uses a lot of TNA talent. Abyss, Matt Morgan, Mickie James, Angelina Love, Scott Steiner, Chavo Guerrero and Cheerleader Melissa were all over there too. surprise he was doing the Master Lock Challenge again

wasn't it taped in Florida?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That tattoo would be a bit of a give away.

I'm pretty sure there were always one or two guys with long sleeves during the attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Garseys wrote: »
    wasn't it taped in Florida?:confused:

It was taped over two different weeks in India in December and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Are there any talents widely known for being sources of information for Dave Meltzer? Has it ever resulted in heat or the person being fired for releasing inside information?

I seem to recall Tazz being named as a source during the ECW days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Was it ever explained what the plan was with Vince McMahon's death? Who was going to be the culprit? When Vince would come back and how that would be explained?

Thought it had the potential to be an interesting storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Did HHH legit break his arm? I don't believe it but the manager in my job said it to me today and it has intrigued me.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Did HHH legit break his arm? I don't believe it but the manager in my job said it to me today and it has intrigued me.

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Is your Manager Arn Anderson by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

When did Daniel Bryan start using the "Yes" gimmick exactly and was it an instant hit or did it take a few months to brew?

• Advertisement

When did Daniel Bryan start using the "Yes" gimmick exactly and was it an instant hit or did it take a few months to brew?

From memory it was around the time he cashed in his Money In The Bank briefcase in December 2011. A week or two before that; he had cashed it in on Smackdown to win the belt and celebrated with "Yes, Yes, Yes" jumping on the announce table and so on but then the referee announced the bell never rung. He was still a good guy at this time.

At first it was annoying, but it became a big hit with the audience around the time he turned heel a couple of months later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At first it was annoying, but it became a big hit with the audience around the time he turned heel a couple of months later.

It became a big hit the second he was pinned at Wrestlemania this year. Fans started chanting it to show their support for him after he lost to Sheamus in 17 seconds. That was the moment it really took off. Its ironic; WWE buried him at Mania and yet he probably became the hottest wrestler in WWE for a few weeks as a result....

It became a big hit the second he was pinned at Wrestlemania this year. Fans started chanting it to show their support for him after he lost to Sheamus in 17 seconds. That was the moment it really took off. Its ironic; WWE buried him at Mania and yet he probably became the hottest wrestler in WWE for a few weeks as a result....

It was still mega huge before that match. I think i still have the ringing in my ears from everyone chanting it when he made his entrance in captains WM night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ringing in my ears

Sorry CM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

It was still mega huge before that match. I think i still have the ringing in my ears from everyone chanting it when he made his entrance in captains WM night.

Yeah it was over before the match, all weekend in Miami you would hear it. probably why everyone was so pissed about it.

Hell when our plane touched down back in Heathrow a yes chant broke out.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry CM :pac:

WHAT?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was it ever explained what the plan was with Vince McMahon's death? Who was going to be the culprit? When Vince would come back and how that would be explained?

Thought it had the potential to be an interesting storyline.

Missed this one, but am interested in an answer. I thought it had real potential too. I'd be amazed if one of the former writers haven't talked about it at some point.

Of course, it would presume that WWE had actually planned anything further than two weeks in advance....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

When did the British Bulldog switch from being billed as from Leeds to Manchester?

Also, is there a reason behind giving some wrestlers fake hometowns? (other than gimmick ones like taker etc) Theres a few billed from florida who werent born there (Ziggler,Layla)

Missed this one, but am interested in an answer. I thought it had real potential too. I'd be amazed if one of the former writers haven't talked about it at some point.

Of course, it would presume that WWE had actually planned anything further than two weeks in advance....

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/spotlightarticleboxcenter/article_62241.shtml

Slightly vague answer that I found.

• Advertisement

For some reason when I open that link, it switches to a white screen after initially loading up, and won't go back. Is there any chance that you can quote the article on here instead?

Advertisement