Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rossie1977 wrote: »
    tna have completely dropped joe park searching for his brother last 2 months

Didn't Abyss turn up 2/3 times since Joseph was looking for him and was worried but now he knows Abyss is....alive and well I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any excuse to post this video...

Actually, isn't there a topic somewhere on here about dropped storylines? Could easily write a book on stories which went, literally, nowhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Actually, isn't there a topic somewhere on here about dropped storylines? Could easily write a book on stories which went, literally, nowhere....

I think we could manage one just out of dropped angles that arose from guys no-showing in TNA. I mean, off the top of my head, Raven/Hardy feud from 2006, when Hardy no-showed, and subsequently got suspended.

Irony of this, Sean Waltman was drafted in to replace Hardy in his scheduled match with Raven, only for Waltman to turn around and no-show himself a few months later. Scrapping the schtick he'd going with Alex Shelly at the time.

There was the derailed feud between Randy Savage and Jeff Jarrett in 2004, when Savage allegedly walked out on being informed he wasn't going to win the NWA World Title for long, dropping it back quickly, but I've no credible source on that. The cited one I can see is Savage seemingly leaving due to 'health concerns'.

Then there's the clincher, where TNA advertised a Main-Event Mafia reunion, to take on Immortal. TNA promoted this in advance, but seemingly didn't bother to check if Nash and Booker were in anyways available to contract, and they weren't. The pair showed up in the Royal Rumble, and TNA came off like a shower of dopes.

There's also the stuff with Hogan/Jarrett in 2003, with Jarrett turning up at an NJPW press-conference to crack Hulkster with a guitar. That was the extent of it as, seemingly, Hulkster opt for hip surgey over TNA. Scrapped. This event also played a significant part in the delay of Bound for Glory's debut, as the event was intended to star Hogan and be TNA's first 3-hour PPV in late 2003/2004. I imagine that might've been for the best, as TNA was still running the 2-hour weekly PPV model, and I'd wonder how well asking your limited fanbase to dole out for PPVs in one week would go over.

Imagine, that's just a handful of aborted angles stemming from external issues. I haven't begun on the amount of dropped-dimwittery that took place under Russo's influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The MEM reunion wasnt advertised, just hinted at.

Hogan pretty much used TNA to try and get back into WWE. Ironically he ended up in TNA anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I've got two quick questions:

1. Heath slater hinted to an "Internet Title" match on a you tube pre-show. Does anyone else see this happening at NOC? After all every title is defended, so why not use a fake one?

2.Does anybody else think that CM Punk is going to beat up Bret Hart in Montreal on Monday? (It would be a great way to get some heat, considering that Bret and Cena were best friends in 2010)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

2.Does anybody else think that CM Punk is going to beat up Bret Hart in Montreal on Monday? (It would be a great way to get some heat, considering that Bret and Cena were best friends in 2010)

Best wrestler in the world and the best there is (etc.)?
    There certainly going to be something said about that.

Considering Bret can't take a bump, if it happens, it will be off camera....

CMpunked wrote: »
    Best wrestler in the world and the best there is (etc.)?
    There certainly going to be something said about that.

I definitely see that being mentioned! I was was also thinking more of a "Bret has been disrespecting me" or Bret saying Punk has been disrespecting Cena. :pac:
    Considering Bret can't take a bump, if it happens, it will be off camera....

Maybe Punk'll kick him in the nuts like Vince did! Falling to his knees (slowly) shouldn't be too hard on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

What happened to shawn when he was in a wheel chair?

cena wrote: »
    What happened to shawn when he was in a wheel chair?

July 29, 2002 - RAW: Triple H goes to the ring and calls out Shawn Michaels to "talk" things over.
    A stage manager informs HHH that something has happened to Shawn Michaels in the parking lot..
    HHH races back to find Shawn Michaels' inconscious and bloody from having his head thrown through a car window!

Shawn appeared via satellite (In a wheelchair) showing footage of Trip injuring him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah because wwe are the only ones that drop plot elements

who were the ninjas that attacked samoa joe never to be seen again

tna have completely dropped joe park searching for his brother last 2 months

was that video not briefly and very vaguely used to intro taz and the joe's nation of violence? ( i could be wrong here)

Taz, Joe and The Nation of Violence came about in mid-to-late 2009. Joe being abducted by the precursor to the Aces and 8s/ninjas came about in around spring-2010, after he'd just lost to Orlando Jordan, of all people, in a random Impact! match-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Taz, Joe and The Nation of Violence came about in mid-to-late 2009. Joe being abducted by the precursor to the Aces and 8s/ninjas came about in around spring-2010, after he'd just lost to Orlando Jordan, of all people, in a random Impact! match-up.

And why Joe would lose to Orlando Jordan is a bigger mystery than his kidnapping.

And why Joe would lose to Orlando Jordan is a bigger mystery than his kidnapping.

Indeed, it's up there with Sean Morley pinning Christopher Daniels.....live on PPV.........in 2010. Yes, the artist once known as Val Venis owns a pinfall over
    Captain Appletini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I've heard that Hogan and Bischoff were high on Orlando Jordan back in 2010, which explains that mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Re-watching all the old "Off The Record with Michael Landsberg" shows with wrestlers in them. Was there ever a particular reason these stopped, or did Vince just change his mind and say no more out of character tv interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Indeed, it's up there with Sean Morley pinning Christopher Daniels.....live on PPV.........in 2010. Yes, the artist once known as Val Venis owns a pinfall over
    Captain Appletini.

Only one month after Daniels challenged for the World title in a PPV main event. Those were much worse times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Orlando Jordans awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is the difference in wages between WWE and TNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

kind of a vague question as there are huge differences in wages amongst wrestlers working in wwe let alone between the top guys in wwe and say the women in tna (who don't have wwe name value)

a top guy in wwe has the potential to make millions per year depending on how well the business is doing, in wwe most if nearly all main roster talent have guaranteed deals which means they get paid a set amount no matter what, wwe stars can then potentially make more than their guaranteed deals on stuff like merch, video appearances (wwe are paying royalties to people like madusa/alundra blayze in 2012), their share of house show gates, ppvs and most importantly mania payoffs, someone like john cena could be making anywhere between $2-5m a year

in tna alot of contracts are per appearance, meaning they only pay you if they use you, people like hogan, sting, angle i believe are all on guaranteed deals, in june it came out in a lawsuit that scott steiner was getting paid $2,500 per appearance in tna, after kongs contractual dispute against tna it came out that the average female performer in tna was making between $200 and $400 per appearance but that the likes of hemme and tara (given their work in wwe) were making much more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone else looking forward to Chikara's King of Trios? It starts tonight but unfortunately is not on iPPV but it should be up for download on Monday morning from Highspots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone else looking forward to Chikara's King of Trios? It starts tonight but unfortunately is not on iPPV but it should be up for download on Monday morning from Highspots.

Very, very much so not crazy into this year's storylines (they were greatly changed with Del Ray signed with WWE) but the three nights always deliver.

Really wished PWG DDT4 was available as quickly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

When did WWE start allowing blading again in the 90's? I know it was banned early-to-mid 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can someone do up a list of what times and channels WWE and TNA are shown on Sky? Including repeats if possible. Recently got Sky but haven't a clue when most of it is shown or which channels. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Penn wrote: »
    Can someone do up a list of what times and channels WWE and TNA are shown on Sky? Including repeats if possible. Recently got Sky but haven't a clue when most of it is shown or which channels. Thanks

Raw does be live on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1am. Repeat I think is Thursdays. Sky Sports but the number changes every now and then. Series link and it should be there every week for you.

Smackdown is Friday nights but the time changes depending on what else is on. Sky Sports too and same deal with the number. Repeats I think are Saturday.

NXT is (or at least used to be) Sunday nights/Monday morning at 12am.

TNA is Sunday's at either 9 or 10 pm on Challenge. PPV's on Wednesday on the same channel.

No clue about the other shows like Superstars, Bottom Line etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Penn wrote: »

WWE (on Sky Sports 1-4 (Sky 401-404)(UPC/Chorus 402-405)

- Monday Night Raw - Live at 2am on Monday nights/Tuesday mornings on Sky Sports 3/HD3. A Late-night Replay is shown on Thursday night at 10pm usually on Sky Sports 3/HD3 and the pre-watershed replay is on at 3pm on Fridays usually on Sky Sports 3/HD3

- Smackdown - Usually on at 10pm on Friday nights on Sky Sports 3/HD3. A pre-watershed replay is shown on Saturday morning at 10am and 5pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3 and the late-night replay is normally shown on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 12am on Sky Sports 3/HD3

- NXT - On at 12am (or whenever the Raw replay is finished) on Thursday Night/Friday morning on Sky Sports 3/HD3. A replay is shown on Saturday night at 11pm usually on Sky Sports 3/HD3 and Tuesday morning at 12am.

- Superstars - On Saturday morning's at 9am on Sky1/Sky 1 HD with a repeat on Saturday nights at 10pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3 and on Sky1/Sky1 HD on Sunday mornings at 10am

- WWE Experience - Sundays at 11am on Sky1/Sky1HD

- This week in WWE - Sunday night at 11pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3. I think it's also on Monday or Tuesday night on Eurosport HD but I think it a few weeks behind the current one.

- WWE Bottom Line - On Saturday afternoon at 12pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3 with a repeat on Monday night at 10/11pm on Sky Sports 3

- WWE Afterburn - On Sunday mornings at 9am on Sky Sports 3/HD3 with a repeat on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 11pm/12am

- WWE Vintage Collection - On Sunday mornings at 8 am on Sky Sports 3/HD3 with a repeat on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1:00 am on Sky Sports 3/HD3 and on Thursday afternoon's at 5:00 pm on Sky Sports 4/HD4

- PPV's - 5 PPV's are on Sky Sports and Sky Sports HD with the rest on Sky Box Office and SBO HD

TNA (on Challenge - Sky 125)

- iMPACT Wrestling - Now from every Sunday at 9pm with a repeat on Tuesday's at 10pm

- TNA Pay Per View's are on Wednesday night's following the live US broadcast at 10pm on Challenge

Its obvious the origin of the term Face, but what about Heel?

My guess is it's the complete opposite of the face; face is top and front of your body and your heel is bottom and behind? Wild guess though....

Allow me:
    The term "heel" is derived from a slang usage of the word that first appeared around 1914, meaning "contemptible person."

You're welcome! :cool:

• Advertisement

Allow me:
    The term "heel" is derived from a slang usage of the word that first appeared around 1914, meaning "contemptible person."

You're welcome! :cool:

Knowing wrestling that sounds far too sophisticated for the carny-like beginnings such as mark.

Advertisement