Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Also, I just recently got Sky back in and seen that there's a TNA's Greatest Matches show on the Extreme Sports Channel. Looks to be on for 2 hours every night, it may be worth checking out.

The name is misleading, anytime I watched it was simply random matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rossie1977 wrote: »
    at the end he couldnt attain a wrestling licence in the states at all due to his weight/health issues, not sure how much wcw wanted him, i know hogan wanted him in wcw because he needed to get that win back :D

Perry Saturn mentioned in a shoot that Eric Bischoff sent him and Nash to Yoko's gym in Vegas to ask him to do a run in on Halloween Havoc. He turned them down, I presume this was at some stage in the late 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The name is misleading, anytime I watched it was simply random matches.

Its hit and miss for every MCMG vs Beer Money match their is Rvd vs Tommy Dreamer.
    Has Kane got the record in wwe for winning tag titles with different partners?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What was the first known instance of a table being used in a wrestling match? Was it something that started in the 90's or was it ever used before then?

Not sure off the top of my head what was the first first table spot. But this was the first to get national media play:

9.00 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's a really good match. I've never seen it before now. What year did that take place though, as part of the title is obscured on the screen for some reason? Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That's a really good match. I've never seen it before now. What year did that take place though, as part of the title is obscured on the screen for some reason? Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »

Great novel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This has been bugging the hell out of me. Cole calls Mysterio's splash "Dropping the Dime", but I was sure that "Dropping the Dime" was one of the other moves he did after the 619, either the leg drop or the seated senton. Was it one of those, or am I imagining things?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You're absolutely right, "dropping the dime" was the springboard leg drop. My guess is that Cole remembers saying the line but not the move.

Or maybe it's like Sheamus' moveset where they change the names around every so often.

Happens with Ziggler too, he has three or four moves called the Zig Zag these days.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Cheers. I was actually thinking about that match since I watched it on here.

Just reading the report of Jesse Neal's dire financial circumstances in the news thread got me thinking. How much on average do mid carders make in TNA? I know they don't release that kind of information but could anybody give me a rough estimate, a lot of the time its per appearance right? So I presume they're working under a gentleman's agreement and not a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just reading the report of Jesse Neal's dire financial circumstances in the news thread got me thinking. How much on average do mid carders make in TNA? I know they don't release that kind of information but could anybody give me a rough estimate, a lot of the time its per appearance right? So I presume they're working under a gentleman's agreement and not a contract?

I think it's around $250-500 an appearance depending on who it is. They used to be able to take indy bookings also but TNA have gotten a little stricter lately on that and talent can't be on any shows that will be sold on dvd or as iPPVs.

Also, I seem to remember a story not too long ago about one of the Knockout champions who was working part time in Sunglass Hut.

I think it's around $250-500 an appearance depending on who it is. They used to be able to take indy bookings also but TNA have gotten a little stricter lately on that and talent can't be on any shows that will be sold on dvd or as iPPVs.

Also, I seem to remember a story not too long ago about one of the Knockout champions who was working part time in Sunglass Hut.

Wow doesn't seem like much really when you think that WWE jobbers can still make six figures each year. Unless you're an established star it must be a real struggle to make a living from pro wrestling in the USA these days outside of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Unless you're an established star it must be a real struggle to make a living from pro wrestling in the USA these days outside of WWE.

thumbnail.aspx?q=5060288230392311&id=249ca7b597eb59cc49c0dab617326f04:D

They can still appear on the shows, they would just be cut from the DVD's or have to wrestle the iPPV dark matches. Not really much use to the company running the event. Might get a few more people on the night but wont do anything for sales.

With TNA running more and more house shows every year (usually at least two a weekend now bar PPV weekends) the majority are likely making more now than this time last year.

What's Jack Swagger's current status with wwe? He's been off tv for about a month now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What's Jack Swagger's current status with wwe? He's been off tv for about a month now.

The optimist would say they are keeping him off TV so the audience forget he's a jobber and they can bring him back strong again...

I was actually wondering the same thing this evening. There were rumors of him & Johnny?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

wonder ye no more
    source reports that Swagger’s heat comes from a number of failed marijuana tests. WWE does not suspend talents for smoking marijuana, just issues them a fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

If they still have to pay hotels and flights after that it doesn't leave them with much.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

it was Jesse Neal who got fired because he said he'd qualified for food stamps wasn't it?

it was Jesse Neal who got fired because he said he'd qualified for food stamps wasn't it?

Jesse was let go for refusing to go to OVW. I think he pretty much quit after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Are the tacts that wrestlers use actually real? They must bloody hurt if they are.

The vast majority of tacks end up on the back, the meatiest part of the body. It wouldnt be nice, but I dont think it would be as awful as is made out.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Surely it's really dangerous especially if it got near the eyes? Guess that's pro wrestling for ya.

That's why they don't front-bump onto tacks! They wouldn't be as sharp as office-thumbtacks but I'd imagine the wrestlers' adrenaline of performing, they wouldn't feel them for the most part (unless they got stuck in an odd area like the hand) and removing them backstage would be much worse, as would ten minutes after showering and they cool down, really feel the effects.

In any case, I'm glad they're rare. The spectacle was well-worn by Abyss, who even got bored of tacks and moved onto sugar-glass.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's why they don't front-bump onto tacks! They wouldn't be as sharp as office-thumbtacks but I'd imagine the wrestlers' adrenaline of performing, they wouldn't feel them for the most part (unless they got stuck in an odd area like the hand) and removing them backstage would be much worse, as would ten minutes after showering and they cool down, really feel the effects.

In any case, I'm glad they're rare. The spectacle was well-worn by Abyss, who even got bored of tacks and moved onto sugar-glass.

Foley being the exception :P

You can see a few in his forehead at the end of the video.

That is absolutely mental! Although I loved HHH back then, he wasn't really gelling as a world champion for about 4-5 months until Foley came along. Good on Mick for making HHH's career in that match. Phenomenal PPV as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The thumbtack bat/beer bottles often used in deathmatches can be pretty sick too.

I remember seeing a beer bottle with tacks glued all over it about to be used in a match, and generally in wrestling you just expect the bottle to smash on impact. This one however didn't and there was a sick clink of glass on the forehead and the tacks got embedded deep, it looked really painful!

Advertisement