Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ricero wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me where all the mick foley hate ive noticed lately is coming from ? Lot of people on here seem to hate him. I think hes a hero

Have you been following wrestling consistently since the Attitude Era more or less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Have you been following wrestling consistently since the Attitude Era more or less?

Oww, have mercy!

Wasn't being bitchy I am just wondering what ricero's point of reference is? Has he seen all his poorly chosen comebacks in roles that don't protect his legacy or starpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yuup ive been an avid follower of wwe since 1998 and im very happy micks finally geting a HOF induction

ricero wrote: »
    Yuup ive been an avid follower of wwe since 1998 and im very happy micks finally geting a HOF induction

I am too just he and his story has been over shared over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Since his retirement he had a great role as commissioner , a pivitol role in gettin edge and orton over, was great in ons 2 was a consistent commentator, good programme with flair and decent role in tna where he held the title...fair enough he was Santa Claus but he can get away with this stuff cause he's mick foley....he hasn't disgraced his legacy a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Since his retirement he had a great role as commissioner , a pivitol role in gettin edge and orton over, was great in ons 2 was a consistent commentator, good programme with flair and decent role in tna where he held the title...fair enough he was Santa Claus but he can get away with this stuff cause he's mick foley....he hasn't disgraced his legacy a bit

Sirsok wrote: »

But still there is a bit of Des Kay about him:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not a question with a definitive answer but I'm wondering this all the same. What do people think of Brad Maddox being involved with Paul Heyman after this week's Raw? Do ya'll want him involved in this Punk/Shield business? Is he too goofy to be a part of it or is there room for him?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not a question with a definitive answer but I'm wondering this all the same. What do people think of Brad Maddox being involved with Paul Heyman after this week's Raw? Do ya'll want him involved in this Punk/Shield business? Is he too goofy to be a part of it or is there room for him?

As a patsy who The Shield intimates him into using his camera MAYBE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anyone know when WWF moved from Sky to Sky Sports in the early 90s? Pretty much when that happened I stopped watching, getting tapes of PPV from friends became difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyone know when WWF moved from Sky to Sky Sports in the early 90s? Pretty much when that happened I stopped watching, getting tapes of PPV from friends became difficult.

I know that Sky Sports as we know it today formed in 1992 with the creation of Premiership football. I'd think the wrestling might have followed at that time, although I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

How long have PPVs been airing live on Sky?

jaykhunter wrote: »

Some interesting reading here for you Jay. Doesn't exactly answer your question directly but I think you'll like it.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-wrestling/633200-question-old-school-wwf-e-fans-uk-circa-96-97-sky-sports-centric.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Why wasn't Bret Hart in the 1992 Royal Rumble?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why wasn't Bret Hart in the 1992 Royal Rumble?

His contract was just about up. Hence why he dropped the IC title on a house show a few days before hand. They weren't sure if he would be staying, or taking the belt to WCW so they claimed he was injured.

Didn't he drop the IC Championship to the Mountie due to sickness only a little while previously? Then Piper beat Mountie at the Rumble PPV and defended it against the Hitman at Mania.

My question. Were The Truth Commission part of the Gang Warz storyline?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does anyone know if the wrestlemania film cuts were ever released/are released, as I was mulling over silvervisions sale and saw the rock cena dvd and saw the film cut extra, and remember that the WM 20 dvd had a good portion of WM 19(I think) in the film cut style on the extras, and you see the odd snippet of other wrestlemanias in the film cut style.

So have these ever left the WWE vaults, and if so, where can you view them?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Does anybody know anything about this match, can't find anything online;

It was Taker facing Show(?) a few years ago, and Taker got put through the announce table or something and the ref was counting to 10 and by the time he got to 8 Taker hadn't moved really and he got to 9, Taker still not up, and he wouldn't call the 10 even though it took another 5 or 6 seconds for Taker to get up. I tried searching "Undertaker 10 count botch" but can't find anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

With regards to Royal Rumble, how we'll choriographed is it? Do they have a specific order that people leave in? Or are they just given a general time when they need to leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Also this roulette raw thing, how does that work? Is it just as simple as someone stood behind the wheel and stopping it?

TheBantam wrote: »
    With regards to Royal Rumble, how we'll choriographed is it? Do they have a specific order that people leave in? Or are they just given a general time when they need to leave?

Super scripted to the smallest detail. The most involved match of the year. Yes there is an order whom eliminates whom and in between which number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ninja Edit: Rovert pulls away the curtain. ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Also this roulette raw thing, how does that work? Is it just as simple as someone stood behind the wheel and stopping it?
    Pre-record and just do it again if needed.

Also, I think you can get wheels that are programmed to slow down at a specific point.

Court Baurer spoke about on the PWTorch site beyond the paywall.

Pat Patterson the inventor of it historically is the man who scripts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cue Bryan McFadden

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Pre-record and just do it again if needed.

Also, I think you can get wheels that are programmed to slow down at a specific point.

I presume it's automated and rigged; watch how little power the likes of Vickie spins the wheel with yet he goes flying around....

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Hi,

Can any one shed more light about what happend at the post WM14 press conference with HBK?

*HHH tried to talk HBK out of attending the WM14 post event press conference but he didn't listen, went on a tirade and quit*

What did HBK say?

It can be seen as a bonus feature on some versions of Wrestlemania 14 DVD or other releases that I am drawing a blank on.

Shawn's erratic behaviour during the time period is the stuff of legend and controversy as I sure you know due to immaturity and drugs. Shawn was having a really bad time physically with his back before, during and after that match and mentally with the prospect that his career was likely over.

Essentially Vince McMahon, Mike Tyson and Steve Austin were sitting in a conference room with tonnes of mainstream reporters and then Shawn down the other side of the bursts through the big doors throwing a wobbler. Triple H quickly grabbed him by the waist and got him out of the room. Most of the press didn't notice but McMahon and WWF personnel did. Before Shawn burst in Shawn, HHH and Chyna could be heard in the hallway loudly swearing/arguing.

Shawn essentially felt forgotten about.

Can't find the incident but here's a clip of the conference:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

will those shooting straight panels be available online?

Advertisement