Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

D.Q wrote: »
    will those shooting straight panels be available online?

I really hope so and I have seen no one even mention the possibility! Would be a great Blu Ray extra on the Rumble DVD or something for the WWE Network (yes I know :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

that'd sell me that dvd anyway.

ive been scouring youtube but no joy so far. hopefully someone managed to get a camera in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hypothetical, ifs and buts, but if Brodus Clay never sent that tweet about destroying John Morrison on a forthcoming Raw, would he be in the spot that Ryback is in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hypothetical, ifs and buts, but if Brodus Clay never sent that tweet about destroying John Morrison on a forthcoming Raw, would he be in the spot that Ryback is in now?

Hmmm I don't think so. Brodus does look bad ass as a heel but he's not ripped enough IMO to be a top star. Wasn't Vince high on Ryback as his No.2 guy anyway? I don't think the same can be said for Brodus. Looks like a comedy programme with Albert is on the horizon for the resident Funkasauras...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was there ever talk of bringing mike awesome into wwe again after his great ons match with tanaka? Love that match and he was an awesome wrestler

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    Was there ever talk of bringing mike awesome into wwe again after his great ons match with tanaka? Love that match and he was an awesome wrestler

He was an amazing big man. IIRC though, Taker said he couldn't sell or something and that pretty much put that idea to bed. Mike was as a good a big man as you could find. I always thought Awesome would have had more stroke in the wrestling business given that he was related to Hulk Hogan also??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Omackeral wrote: »
    He was an amazing big man. IIRC though, Taker said he couldn't sell or something and that pretty much put that idea to bed. Mike was as a good a big man as you could find. I always thought Awesome would have had more stroke in the wrestling business given that he was related to Hulk Hogan also??

Did Awesome ever have a good straight up match with anyone on his career though? Apart from him and Masato Tanaka throwing each other through tables and some other hardcore stuff in FMW I never once saw him do anything else of note in his career. If he had been any good at all Vince would surely have been all over a guy with his look. The fact that he wasn't says it all really. Maybe Taker had it spot on.

Did Awesome ever have a good straight up match with anyone on his career though? Apart from him and Masato Tanaka throwing each other through tables and some other hardcore stuff in FMW I never once saw him do anything else of note in his career. If he had been any good at all Vince would surely have been all over a guy with his look. The fact that he wasn't says it all really. Maybe Taker had it spot on.

Or maybe Taker was jealous of an outside big man who could do every move he could do, including routinely performing the once-a-year dive to the outside. I'd like to see Taker hit a crucifix power bomb from the top rope too, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Taker fears the Fat Chick Thriller!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sirsok wrote: »

I thought they would have brought him back to work the new ECW television show in 06 but he'd retired earlier on in that year and of course his untimely death happened shortly there afterwards.

I remember hearing there was issues regarding his payment for the 05 show, as in he wasn't too happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Does anybody know anything about this match, can't find anything online;

It was Taker facing Show(?) a few years ago, and Taker got put through the announce table or something and the ref was counting to 10 and by the time he got to 8 Taker hadn't moved really and he got to 9, Taker still not up, and he wouldn't call the 10 even though it took another 5 or 6 seconds for Taker to get up. I tried searching "Undertaker 10 count botch" but can't find anything really.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton a rib on the guy? He looks/looked like a potato with a mullet.

Or maybe Taker was jealous of an outside big man who could do every move he could do, including routinely performing the once-a-year dive to the outside. I'd like to see Taker hit a crucifix power bomb from the top rope too, by the way.
    Jealous lol . Because wrestling is all about moovez.

Still waiting to see thus back catalogue of matches he he against anyone not named Tanaka or involving hardcore junk.

Awesome was a spot monkey. A 6 foot spot monkey but a spot monkey nonetheless. Its no coincidence he's done nowt since ECW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Its no coincidence he's done nowt since ECW.

He has the noticeable handicap of being dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He has the noticeable handicap of being dead.

Hasn't stopped Undertaker much!!

Jealous lol . Because wrestling is all about moovez.

Still waiting to see thus back catalogue of matches he he against anyone not named Tanaka or involving hardcore junk.

Awesome was a spot monkey. A 6 foot spot monkey but a spot monkey nonetheless. Its no coincidence he's done nowt since ECW.

Oh no are you going to school me on story telling and psychology now? Taker no-sold for half a freakin' decade for christ sake, if that's the route you're gonna take.

Apart from being dead (as excellently noticed), Awesome was in the political playground of WCW. You gonna tell me next that Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were worthless because they didnt achieve mainstream acclaim down south, too? They were given their opportunity in WWE and it worked out for them.

I'm saying, given half a chance, there's no reason Awesome wouldn't have prospered either. He could fly, he could brawl and he had the look. Struggling to think of another big man like him, to be honest.

Oh, and you said 'lol'. You automatically lose the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I never thought much of Awesome, all of the great matches I saw him in, he's dishing out the punishment. I'm not a hardcore guy, but with great spectacle hardcore matches - I'd have the mind to give the other guy credit for taking that amount of abuse instead, if that makes any sense! I do recognise the bind he was in with WCW. Can you give us some matches he's been in to make us think better of him? Some promos as well? ...Like does he have any showcase matches that aren't hardcore?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone?

maybe skim these last man standing matches - Taker v Big Show, Taker v Batista, Taker v Khali and you might find the moment your looking for.

Does anybody know anything about this match, can't find anything online;

It was Taker facing Show(?) a few years ago, and Taker got put through the announce table or something and the ref was counting to 10 and by the time he got to 8 Taker hadn't moved really and he got to 9, Taker still not up, and he wouldn't call the 10 even though it took another 5 or 6 seconds for Taker to get up. I tried searching "Undertaker 10 count botch" but can't find anything really.

This list of their one-on-one matches may help you track it down -

21.04.2009 World Wrestling Entertainment The Big Show defeats The Undertaker (14:22)
    WWE Friday Night SmackDown #505 @ o2 Arena in London, England, UK

25.11.2008 World Wrestling Entertainment Steel Cage: The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (16:00)
    WWE Friday Night SmackDown #485 @ Times Union Center in Albany, New York, USA

23.11.2008 World Wrestling Entertainment Casket: The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (12:45)
    WWE Survivor Series 2008 @ TD Banknoth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

26.10.2008 World Wrestling Entertainment Last Man Standing: The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (19:25)
    WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 @ US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona, USA

05.10.2008 World Wrestling Entertainment The Big Show defeats The Undertaker by Ringrichterentscheid (10:00)
    WWE No Mercy 2008 @ Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, USA

23.07.2006 World Wrestling Entertainment Punjabi Prison: The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (21:47)
    WWE The Great American Bash 2006 @ Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

18.07.2006 World Wrestling Entertainment ECW World Heavyweight Title: The Big Show (c) vs. The Undertaker - No Contest (13:54)
    ECW on Sci Fi #6 @ American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

12.08.2003 World Wrestling Entertainment The Big Show defeats The Undertaker by Count Out (10:53)
    WWE SmackDown #209 @ Savvis Center in St. Louis, Missouri, USA

23.02.2003 World Wrestling Entertainment The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (14:30)
    WWE No Way Out 2003 @ Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

03.01.2002 World Wrestling Entertainment WWF Hardcore Title: The Undertaker (c) defeats The Big Show (5:07)
    WWF SmackDown #125 @ MCI Center in Washington, District Of Columbia, USA

09.04.2001 World Wrestling Entertainment The Undertaker defeats The Big Show (1:33)
    WWF RAW is WAR #411 @ Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

07.06.1999 World Wrestling Entertainment WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Undertaker (c) vs. The Big Show - No Contest (6:51)
    WWF RAW is WAR #315 @ Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

02.05.1999 World Wrestling Entertainment The Big Show defeats The Undertaker by DQ (2:45)
    WWF RAW is WAR #310 @ San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California, USA

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Thanks for that both of you. I think this is what I'm thinking of at just after 22 mins in if anyone is interested

http://www.myspace.com/video/death/cyber-sunday-2008-the-big-show-vs-the-undertaker/46747094

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh no are you going to school me on story telling and psychology now? Taker no-sold for half a freakin' decade for christ sake, if that's the route you're gonna take.

Yeah, he wasn't supposed to sell though, that was part of his gimmick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Apart from being dead (as excellently noticed), Awesome was in the political playground of WCW. You gonna tell me next that Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were worthless because they didnt achieve mainstream acclaim down south, too? They were given their opportunity in WWE and it worked out for them.

In Pete's original post he mentioned Awesome's look as something Vince would be interested in. Undertaker was floating around down south once as well but Vince saw him and found a way to use him for his look. I think thats the point that was made, if he had more Vince would have gone looking to sign the guy. When he did end up in WWE he ended back in the hardcore scene. I'm not sure if anyone has more info on why he didn't appeal to them?

I don't actually know much about him to have a great opinion. I do find it odd that a guy that looks like him was not snapped up by Vince when he was losing so many others. Maybe his was wrong, I would be interested in seeing some matches, promo's etc that point to WWE missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

DM-ICE wrote: »

In Pete's original post he mentioned Awesome's look as something Vince would be interested in. Undertaker was floating around down south once as well but Vince saw him and found a way to use him for his look. I think thats the point that was made, if he had more Vince would have gone looking to sign the guy. When he did end up in WWE he ended back in the hardcore scene. I'm not sure if anyone has more info on why he didn't appeal to them?

I don't actually know much about him to have a great opinion. I do find it odd that a guy that looks like him was not snapped up by Vince when he was losing so many others. Maybe his was wrong, I would be interested in seeing some matches, promo's etc that point to WWE missing out.

See the guy made him name in the hardcore realms of ecw and fmw(I wasn't to tuned into wcw when he was there) but surely he had mid card potential at least. His match with tanaka was a genuine highlight of prob the best show of the year. Great encounter with spike Dudley on another ecw show.

If the likes of kozlov big Zeke and countless of other useless wrestlers got a shot, why not a guy who was at least entertaining at what he did. Jbl floundered for years in useless hardcore matches and some awful tag teams till he found a niche.

I acknowledge the whole invasion thing when taker buried him....but everyone for buried by the wwe guys then...his character after ons would of been worthy of a monster gimmick for at least the short haul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I couldn't place who he was until I read that last post. Ah yes, the Invasion. That was some laugh. I kinda enjoyed the burial of WCW. I was only 14 at the time mind, so I was very resentful towards them for years of boring stuff on TNT directly before Raw started on Sky Sports. But yeah, he was a good wrestler.

He also had some great small man vs big man matches opposite Kid Kash around 2000, which were far from garbage and highly entertaining. Not saying Mike Awesome was gonna be a major poster boy or anything like it. Just saying the guy had the tools to make more of himself in the Big Two. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

So about 2 years ago R Truth was really good. You tuned in every week to see what crazy thing he would do then WWE suddenly went cold on him. I know he had a Wellness violation but was that the only reason?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

smilerf wrote: »
    So about 2 years ago R Truth was really good. You tuned in every week to see what crazy thing he would do then WWE suddenly went cold on him. I know he had a Wellness violation but was that the only reason?

His PPV match with Cena at Capitol Punishment bombed which is why they dropped that PPV name also.

Still no mention of even one awesome Awesome match from his fans I note.

The post noting him being dead gave me a laugh though wp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What is Stephanie`s role in wwe at present anytime I read stories about acquisitions or direction I always read HHH mentioned but never her.
    Is HHH in 100% control or what nowdays?

• Advertisement

What's the latest deal on the wellness policy? Haven't heard much about it in months it seems. How often are talent being tested? And if someone tests positive, do they always reveal it to the media? For example guys such as Jack Swagger and Mark Henry, who have apparently been injured for a while, is it possible they just failed a test and are secretly suspended?

Advertisement