Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »
    His PPV match with Cena at Capitol Punishment bombed which is why they dropped that PPV name also.

I thought it was because it was a once-off PPV in Washington D.C., wouldn't make sense for them to use it again unless they came to back to the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Charisteas wrote: »
    What's the latest deal on the wellness policy? Haven't heard much about it in months it seems. How often are talent being tested? And if someone tests positive, do they always reveal it to the media? For example guys such as Jack Swagger and Mark Henry, who have apparently been injured for a while, is it possible they just failed a test and are secretly suspended?
    It's still in place. The most high profile failure recently was Randy Orton, there in the summer. His second strike. I doubt there's anything covered up regarding the policy, if they were caught, it'd bring on a **** storm. Mark Henry is legitimately injured, and Swagger was taken off tv in order that he could go away, and come back repackaged. I believe he's working house shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rovert wrote: »
    His PPV match with Cena at Capitol Punishment bombed which is why they dropped that PPV name also.

Yeah I remember hearing that. It's a pity because I think a lot of people were into to that storyline, I know it obviously didn't reflect in the buyrate but they could have spent more time with it, Truth played the role superbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    What is Stephanie`s role in wwe at present anytime I read stories about acquisitions or direction I always read HHH mentioned but never her.
    Is HHH in 100% control or what nowdays?

Head of creative (term used loosely!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Head of creative (term used loosely!).

So she is the one who tapes impact so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Still no mention of even one awesome Awesome match from his fans I note.

The post noting him being dead gave me a laugh though wp.

Discount his match with Tanaka all you want, but it was the hottest match on the best PPV of the entire year in WWE. Also I said his matches with Kid Kash in 2000 were very very good but you ignored that. Look, my basic point is that he had all the tools, in that could move like a crusier, while doing great power/brawling moves and had a top look. In my opinion, they missed an opportunity with him. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I also stated his match with spike Dudley at guilty as charged

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

something weird happened on NXT this week. that ring announcer chick attacked Paige so what's the deal with that? is she a wrestler too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Was the table collapse at RR in the Rock Punk match a slight nod to when the same thing happened at the Rumble in the exact same situation against Mankind or just a total coincidence, it really didnt look like a spot last week but seeing that the same happened between the Rock and Foley maybe it was ?? anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

something weird happened on NXT this week. that ring announcer chick attacked Paige so what's the deal with that? is she a wrestler too?

summer rae is under contract as a wrestler yes, on the old fcw show she was general manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

peabutler wrote: »
    Was the table collapse at RR in the Rock Punk match a slight nod to when the same thing happened at the Rumble in the exact same situation against Mankind or just a total coincidence, it really didnt look like a spot last week but seeing that the same happened between the Rock and Foley maybe it was ?? anyone know ?

I'm pretty sure there is no chance in hell somebody would call a spot to a "tribute botch". The plan was certainly to have Rock smash Punk through the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Something similar happened with HHH and Kurt Angle at Sumerslam 2000. These things can happen, there was no way it was planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Plan was definitely for Rock to rock bottom Punk through the table I'd say,judging by the fact that he rock bottomed Punk on the floor instead after the table collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Which is better these days for lucha? CMLL or AAA? Also, do either do iPPV? (I assume no) and where do people watch mexican wrestling these days? (God I miss the wrestling channel...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Did Steve Austin catch any hassle for breaking Masahiro Chono's neck? Did it ever come to light again when he was lambasting Owen Hart for doing the same thing 5 years later?

Did Jeff Jarrett or Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase ever play babyface roles in the WWF?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Does anyone know of an occurrence in the wwf/wwe where a wrestler has tried to shoot for victory in a match they were booked to lose?

Wasn't there an instance with Daniel Puder trying it on Kurt Angle where referee Jimmy Koderas did a fast count to save Kurt's bacon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did Jeff Jarrett or Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase ever play babyface roles in the WWF?
    I think Jeff did for a while after Owen Hart died. Was likely short lived. I don't think DiBiase ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

As Omackeral said

I remember on the Legion Of Doom dvd they talked about a team that tried to change the finish on them so they basically kicked the crap out of them. It was probably before wwf but I cant remember the finer details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Did Steve Austin catch any hassle for breaking Masahiro Chono's neck? Did it ever come to light again when he was lambasting Owen Hart for doing the same thing 5 years later?

From what I've heard, Steve Austin didn't want Owen Hart to perform that type of piledriver because it was the same piledriver that broke Chono's neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When is Saturday Morning Slam taped?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know we had the likes of Khali getting the title when selling to the Indian market, but has there been a champion that didn't deserve the title but it made sense storyline wise and was accepted? Vince was an example of this, wasn't he? I missed that era.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know we had the likes of Khali getting the title when selling to the Indian market, but has there been a champion that didn't deserve the title but it made sense storyline wise and was accepted? Vince was an example of this, wasn't he? I missed that era.

I think Khali geting the strap was more to do with the then-current champion Edge being injured. Khali won a battle royal on Smackdown. Pure rush job.

Ziggler being awarded the WHC in early 2011 made zero sense. Edge was stripped for using the banned Spear. Vickie gave it to Dolph and 11 minutes later he dropped it back to Edge. Stupid.

There's also been a few transitional reigns where politics were at play eg Summerslam 1999 where you had Austin not willing to drop the strap to HHH so they added Foley and then Stone Cold dropped it in a 3way to him. Hunter won it from Mankind thereafter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think Khali geting the strap was more to do with the then-current champion Edge being injured. Khali won a battle royal on Smackdown. Pure rush job.

Ziggler being awarded the WHC in early 2011 made zero sense. Edge was stripped for using the banned Spear. Vickie gave it to Dolph and 11 minutes later he dropped it back to Edge. Stupid.

There's also been a few transitional reigns where politics were at play eg Summerslam 1999 where you had Austin not willing to drop the strap to HHH so they added Foley and then Stone Cold dropped it in a 3way to him. Hunter won it from Mankind thereafter.

The follow up question would have to be, why did Austin not want to drop the title to HHH?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

764dak wrote: »
    When is Saturday Morning Slam taped?

taped on tuesdays prior to taping smackdown, wwe currently have over a month of footage for sms taped in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

lockie1983 wrote: »
    The follow up question would have to be, why did Austin not want to drop the title to HHH?

I've never heard anything on it beyond hearsay, and have little on it beyond my own meandering take, but another legend tends to revolve around the fact that Jesse Ventura, during his tenure as Governor of Minnesota, was refereeing the SS '99 main-event, and didn't want to raise the heel's hand.

If there's any weight behind the 'Austin refusing to lose' slant, then I'd wager it'd be a case of Austin knowing he was on his way out for an extended period, and didn't want to flatout burn through a moneymaking program before doing so, especially when he'd a diminishing capacity to do so the injury dictated.

There could also be an argument for Austin not wanting to waste a loss to the then unproven commodity that was HHH. Granted, Hunter went on the define the Attitude Era more than most, but at that point in '99, he was only on the cusp of the hot streak that carried him through '00-'01. Although, Hunter did have a singles victory over Austin, however tainted, before Stone Cold took his break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

What is regarded as Mick Foley best and worst character from the attitude era?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

kksaints wrote: »
    What is regarded as Mick Foley best and worst character from the attitude era?

Most successful probably Mankind. Least Dude Love.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I watched the punk blu ray last night, and am wondering if anyone knows who the nameless person is that punk was talking about when he said that punk was cenas tv fued or something like that. Punk said he could have punched him also. Any ideas who it was or more than likely was?

Advertisement