Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tinie wrote: »
    I watched the punk blu ray last night, and am wondering if anyone knows who the nameless person is that punk was talking about when he said that punk was cenas tv fued or something like that. Punk said he could have punched him also. Any ideas who it was or more than likely was?

It is pretty clearly explained it was Miz, no?

Punk hurt his hip in the Winter (and did a bit of commentary) rushed back to start a feud with Cena which was quickly blow off:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

rovert wrote: »
    It is pretty clearly explained it was Miz, no?

Oh right, I must have missed that. I presumed it was perhaps an older backstage figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tinie wrote: »
    Oh right, I must have missed that. I presumed it was perhaps an older backstage figure.

No worries.

You are more or less talking about this bit yeah:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Well the bit im talking about wasnt in the clip you linked, but I think it was soon after that, as he was sitting in the ring. Im guessing you know the bit im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Is Vince's hip surgery legit? If so I'd imagine it isn't REALLY linked to the F5 Brock gave him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Is Vince's hip surgery legit? If so I'd imagine it isn't REALLY linked to the F5 Brock gave him?

It's legit. They wrote in the F5 as a way to get him off TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Adiboo wrote: »
    It's legit. They wrote in the F5 as a way to get him off TV.

And the man was back at work 2 days later at Raw, say what you want about Vince but that is dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Xenji wrote: »
    And the man was back at work 2 days later at Raw, say what you want about Vince but that is dedication.

Plus the fact that he is pushing 70!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads, there was a thread going for a while last summer called `So you think you can wrestle" or something similar whereby some boardsies went out to bray and trained in the fight factory.

I've tried finding it but between this tablet and the rubbish boards.ie search function I can't find it. Can anyone help me out here please.

Edit. Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Lads, there was a thread going for a while last summer called `So you think you can wrestle" or something similar whereby some boardsies went out to bray and trained in the fight factory.

I've tried finding it but between this tablet and the rubbish boards.ie search function I can't find it. Can anyone help me out here please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056553496

Was a week or two before Mania if I remember. Was a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How long has Randy Orton been hearing voices in his head?
    I'm beginning to think the voices are just the over dubbed Smackdown audience who always sound more interested than they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭deisedude

GTR63 wrote: »
    How long has Randy Orton been hearing voices in his head?
    I'm beginning to think the voices are just the over dubbed Smackdown audience who always sound more interested than they look.

Not sure how long but i hear the voices tell him to roid up and not put people over :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

deisedude wrote: »
    Not sure how long but i hear the voices tell him to roid up and not put people over :-P

They tell him to take a Brad Pitt in the Diva's handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Omackeral wrote: »

They tell him to take a Brad Pitt in the Diva's handbags.

Didn't the "Kliq" do that in Sunnys dinner once?

Didn't the "Kliq" do that in Sunnys dinner once?

Scott Hall did it on a tour of Europe I think, yeah. They also did a poo in Lawler's crown.

A great bunch of lads!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Scott Hall did it on a tour of Europe I think, yeah. They also did a poo in Lawler's crown.

A great bunch of lads!

On the Jim Cornette/Percy Pringle shoot (I put some videos of it in the video thread a few days ago) they said it was Steve Keirn aka Skinner who did that.

X-Pac was the one that **** in Sables bag and Sunnys dinner as well I think.

On the Jim Cornette/Percy Pringle shoot (I put some videos of it in the video thread a few days ago) they said it was Steve Keirn aka Skinner who did that.

X-Pac was the one that **** in Sables bag and Sunnys dinner as well I think.

There it is folks. The real catalyst for Lesnar vs HHH at Mania....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

When did closed fist punches become legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just doing a bit of research on the guys I've picked for the draft. During his runs in the WWF how big were plans for Shane Douglas? I know the Kliq had run ins with him but it does seem the higher ups saw him as a great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GRMA wrote: »
    When did closed fist punches become legal?

They arent. It just isnt enforced. The referee will always tell them to open the fist but he never does anything more.

I have a vague recollection of Flair being a special ref and disqualifying Austin for using closed fists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It's what annoys me about Show, how is he allowed to just deck people and knock them out? Makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Punches are now legal - they never formally announced it, referees stopped hassling wrestlers about it. Much like mandatory breaking the hold if someone reaches the ropes (eg angle can just pull them back from the ropes). Jimmy Korderas mentioned it on one of his ask the ref podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Was Rey Mysterio always going to win the Royal Rumble in 2006 or were the plans changed after the death of Eddie?

kksaints wrote: »
    Was Rey Mysterio always going to win the Royal Rumble in 2006 or were the plans changed after the death of Eddie?

The plan changed after Eddie's death, I remember a interview with Chavo and him saying he went into Vince's office and told him he could do it, but they made him heel and had him feud with Rey and that Rey won the rumble as he was really good friends with Eddie and it would of made Eddie happy.

kksaints wrote: »

This, I don't know the answer to but I do remember the crowd being super hot for Kurt Angle. So maybe he was an option? That was a barn burner of a triple threat match, although it was very short at 9mins.

The plan changed after Eddie's death, I remember a interview with Chavo and him saying he went into Vince's office and told him he could do it, but they made him heel and had him feud with Rey and that Rey won the rumble as he was really good friends with Eddie and it would of made Eddie happy.

[VINCE VOICE] Oh you'll do it alright....

*daydreams*

[/VINCE VOICE]

What are Patterson and Briscoe's roles with the WWE these days?

Charisteas wrote: »
    What are Patterson and Briscoe's roles with the WWE these days?

Briscoe is a talent scout, usually goes to all the big amateur wrestling events and Patterson as far as I know is just a consultant.

Briscoe is a talent scout, usually goes to all the big amateur wrestling events and Patterson as far as I know is just a consultant.

Yeah that's what it says on Wikipedia too, just wasn't sure how outdated that information was. What was Brisoe's reaction to his son Wes being cut from developmental a few years ago?

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah that's what it says on Wikipedia too, just wasn't sure how outdated that information was. What was Brisoe's reaction to his son Wes being cut from developmental a few years ago?

I doubt he was upset by it, the man is old school and could probably see himself that he was not up to scratch, also he has had a lot of injuries which did not help his cause.

Advertisement