Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What's the longest time someone has held the MITB case before cashing it in and is it valid until the following year's event even if it runs over the one year mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kolido wrote: »
    What's the longest time someone has held the MITB case before cashing it in and is it valid until the following year's event even if it runs over the one year mark?

Edge held it for 9 months, well that has never happened, but you only have a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would like to see Dolph Ziggler's contract expire. I think he should fail to cash in at every attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

presumably by 'one year' they mean until the next Money In The Bank event. an interesting idea would be for him to wait to cash it in at the PPV itself

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

then he would be 1 day too late anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

he should cash it in in the parking lot or something, on the last day, ala Crash Holly days.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would like to see Dolph Ziggler's contract expire. I think he should fail to cash in at every attempt.

Could happen now as his push seems to be over

Any update on Christian's return?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could happen now as his push seems to be over

Any update on Christian's return?

AFAIK, he is fit and healthy but is currently waiting for creative to come up with something for him to return with.

I don't know what's so hard for them to think of something, they have an obvious solution right in front of their eyes, Chris Jericho Vs. Christian at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It must be frustrating to be fit and healthy and have to sit at home waiting. It's costing him money too considering he's only being paid his downside guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lockie1983 wrote: »
    AFAIK, he is fit and healthy but is currently waiting for creative to come up with something for him to return with.

I don't know what's so hard for them to think of something, they have an obvious solution right in front of their eyes, Chris Jericho Vs. Christian at WrestleMania.

Or as Punk is at a lost now perhaps him vs. Christian :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

lockie1983 wrote: »

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Why did WWF pull a reverse on the Wrestlemania Main Event in 1992? Watching the 1992 Superstars in its entirity here and they announced Hogan/Flair on TV before changing the plan to a double main of Flair/Savage and Sid/Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Why did WWF pull a reverse on the Wrestlemania Main Event in 1992? Watching the 1992 Superstars in its entirity here and they announced Hogan/Flair on TV before changing the plan to a double main of Flair/Savage and Sid/Hogan.

The only halfway concrete reason comes via JJ Dillon's ghostwritten biography. Reflecting on his time as a front-office exec for WWF, Dillion mentions that Vince McMahon wasn't impressed with Hogan/Flair's series of house-show matches, and couple that with the fact he felt like such a bout was about 5 years too late to be a proper 'Mania main-event.

How this segues into fine rationale for a Hogan/Sid bout, one can only wonder.

Of course, there's more conspiratorial notions at play, such as McMahon not wanting to validate a non-WWF grown star by offering him a 'Mania top-line slot, but the fact Flair still got a heavily promoted bout in Savage undermines that somewhat, without entirely discrediting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Where are Ted DiBiase Jr, Mason Ryan and Michael McGillicutty nowdays?
    On NXT or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GTR63 wrote: »
    Where are Ted DiBiase Jr, Mason Ryan and Michael McGillicutty nowdays?
    On NXT or what?

I dunno but if you see them, can you tell them Alex Riley and Eziekiel Jackson are looking for them.

I think McGillicutty does be on NXT. You do sometimes see these guys in roster shots on Raw but that's about it. I'd team McGillicutty and DiBiase up as the Fortunate Sons. Both are decent in the ring and are doin little else. I remember A-Ry rubbing shoulders with Cena not so long ago and even defeating Miz twice in a row after he was WWE Champion. Just a generic jobber now. Sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Omackeral wrote: »
    I dunno but if you see them, can you tell them Alex Riley and Eziekiel Jackson are looking for them.

I think McGillicutty does be on NXT. You do sometimes see these guys in roster shots on Raw but that's about it. I'd team McGillicutty and DiBiase up as the Fortunate Sons. Both are decent in the ring and are doin little else. I remember A-Ry rubbing shoulders with Cena not so long ago and even defeating Miz twice in a row after he was WWE Champion. Just a generic jobber now. Sad really

McGuillicutty is really good (assuming he doesnt need to cut promos off the top of his head) and diBiase is a good midcarder/tag wrestler. Riley is just crap.

No point in putting them as a team because tag teams (that are not two big names put together like Kane and Bryan) go nowhere in WWE now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mason Ryan is back on NXT.

Riley messed with Cena according to the net and is probably still in the cold as a result.

Perfect Jr was working with the Rock, not sure that is going to stand to him!

I have no idea what is going on with Ted Jr. He was still doing house shows in the time he was missing.

They may be taking people of TV (like Swagger) to get them out of mind and possiby away from the idea they are just jobbers. Riley not so much but the other three could all return to decent spots in the new wrestling year post Mania.

Did Vince ever encounter the Italian/American Mafia whilst dealing in MSG? They extorted the sport of boxing and MSG was known as a mob building, as in you didn't put on a show there without paying tribute. I'm not sure which family controlled that area it could have been the Lucchese's.

There's a rumour that when Snuka was implicated in a murder the mob pulled strings for him and Vince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Did Vince ever encounter the Italian/American Mafia whilst dealing in MSG? They extorted the sport of boxing and MSG was known as a mob building, as in you didn't put on a show there without paying tribute. I'm not sure which family controlled that area it could have been the Lucchese's.

There's a rumour that when Snuka was implicated in a murder the mob pulled strings for him and Vince

The mob were involved in boxing as there was money to be made from gambling and influencing the result of fights. I don't see there being an interest in pw as thee result is predetermined

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

When the People's elbow become... Well you know the People's elbow. Watching Rocky vs Austin for the Intercontinental title in 1997 (I thinks) and he does the elbow to little or no reaction. Strange to see, considering how crazy crowds just a year or so later would be going for that move.

How did they make it a big move just have him win lots of matches with it?

• Advertisement

This video came in my recommended videos on youtube.

Whats the story behind it? Why did your man start throwing real kicks etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Earthquake and Kitao were both Sumo wrestlers before Wrestling. Kitao achieved a much higher rank in Sumo than Quake and didnt think he should lose. Kitao was a bit of the head the ball in general. Attacking his Sumo master and being kicked out of Sumo as well as getting on the mic in the post match of the Quake match and declaring Wrestling fake.

garhjw wrote: »
    The mob were involved in boxing as there was money to be made from gambling and influencing the result of fights. I don't see there being an interest in pw as thee result is predetermined

Yes that's true but the point I was making is that MSG (apparently to this day as well) is seen as a mob building. I imagine that WWE have payed a percentage of gate receipts to these guys, you pay tribute. The RICO Act hasn't fazed the mob in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yes that's true but the point I was making is that MSG (apparently to this day as well) is seen as a mob building. I imagine that WWE have payed a percentage of gate receipts to these guys, you pay tribute. The RICO Act hasn't fazed the mob in NYC.

This could make sense in that it may be the reason why WWE has distanced itself from MSG in recent years. I remember a few years ago reading in numerous dirtsheets that Vince took a lot of faith in the MSG crowd response to wrestlers to see if they were worth pushing etc. The fact that PPV's have not been held there in recent memory and it only seems to be Raw or a house show that is held there seems to hint that there may be something to do with the mob theory considering it used to be looked at as WWE's "home". But then it could just be a case of the arena itself being in demand and WWE taking less faith in it since its redesign which lowered crowd capacity for wrestling/boxing events AFAIK.

This could make sense in that it may be the reason why WWE has distanced itself from MSG in recent years. I remember a few years ago reading in numerous dirtsheets that Vince took a lot of faith in the MSG crowd response to wrestlers to see if they were worth pushing etc. The fact that PPV's have not been held there in recent memory and it only seems to be Raw or a house show that is held there seems to hint that there may be something to do with the mob theory considering it used to be looked at as WWE's "home". But then it could just be a case of the arena itself being in demand and WWE taking less faith in it since its redesign which lowered crowd capacity for wrestling/boxing events AFAIK.

The Mafia in NYC goes back over a hundred years. I don't think that mob influence is the reason for them not putting as many shows on there anymore. I'm sure that Vince's father knew many 'made' guys back in the day. However now WWE are a global company so they don't rely on the Garden for big pay days anymore. We can't view the books and I doubt that anything is recorded but I believe that they do still pay out a percentage for garden shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the fact that newer cheaper facilities such as the prudential center in newark and the barclays center in brooklyn have opened in the area since late 2007 probably has more to do with wwe playing msg less frequently, they still play the venue twice a year, had a houseshow there in december 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the fact that newer cheaper facilities such as the prudential center in newark and the barclays center in brooklyn have opened in the area since late 2007 probably has more to do with wwe playing msg less frequently, they still play the venue twice a year, had a houseshow there in december 2012

Who came out for the save there? ^^^

Anyone know why 9 times out of 10 when pinning an opponent a wrestler will 'hook the leg'? We've seen matches finish when an unconcious person is literally draped over an opponent for the win and pinfalls by rollup, so it's not mandatory!

I'd be interested to know the history behind it if anyone can shed some light on it for me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Jason Todd wrote: »

Who came out for the save there? ^^^

Anyone know why 9 times out of 10 when pinning an opponent a wrestler will 'hook the leg'? We've seen matches finish when an unconcious person is literally draped over an opponent for the win and pinfalls by rollup, so it's not mandatory!

I'd be interested to know the history behind it if anyone can shed some light on it for me? :)

If I was to hazard a guess I'd imagine it is to do with the term kicking out of a pin. So resistence on the leg would give least possibility of a "kick out".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I would have thought that it is to allow the fallen opponent less leverage to kick out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Sirsok wrote: »
    If I was to hazard a guess I'd imagine it is to do with the term kicking out of a pin. So resistence on the leg would give least possibility of a "kick out".

That was along the lines of what I thought alright, yeah, thanks!

Advertisement