Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Even though in your post you quoted me I'm still obliged to say don't quote me on that ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Who came out for the save there? ^^^

Kane, Daniel Bryan and Miz I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Who came out for the save there? ^^^

Anyone know why 9 times out of 10 when pinning an opponent a wrestler will 'hook the leg'? We've seen matches finish when an unconcious person is literally draped over an opponent for the win and pinfalls by rollup, so it's not mandatory!

I'd be interested to know the history behind it if anyone can shed some light on it for me? :)
    A proper leg hook (where the leg(s) is properly lifted rather than slightly raised) will put extra weight on the shoulders and chest and make it harder to kick out. The half assed leg hook that is common now does very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Regarding WWE, has the strap ever changed hands due to a count out, were a stipulation allows, in particular the wwe title. Can't remember it happening but I was out of touch with wrestling durring the 00's
    Also, why did they take Big Johnny of tv last year, was it a dicission he made himself as I believe he still works as a road agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

There are seven weeks between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania this year. Is this the longest build for a PPV since In Your House started in 1995? Usually its six weeks for WrestleMania as far as I remember?

• Advertisement

There are seven weeks between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania this year. Is this the longest build for a PPV since In Your House started in 1995? Usually its six weeks for WrestleMania as far as I remember?

Was it not about that for one of the PPV's last year? Cant remember the names, but have a feeling it might have been HIAC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is there any indy wrestling companies who put out a regular shows online (like NXT, for example) with continuous stories? Hit me yesterday that there should be but I've never actually heard on one.

Also, is there a directory of Irish wrestlers (or even English wrestlers or American wrestlers), with their contact details, how much it would cost to have them preform at your show, etc?

Is there any indy wrestling companies who put out a regular shows online (like NXT, for example) with continuous stories? Hit me yesterday that there should be but I've never actually heard on one.

Also, is there a directory of Irish wrestlers (or even English wrestlers or American wrestlers), with their contact details, how much it would cost to have them preform at your show, etc?

OVW and a few others do (or did) fairly regular shows. They are supposed to be weekly but sometimes miss a week or two. No big sized company do it.

I doubt there is a directory but the majority of wrestlers would probably be happy enough to share their booking email if you asked them on Twitter or whatever. A fair few include it as part of their info bit. Cant see many having a set rate so it would depend on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

There are a few indys that put shows online. The problem is there is no money in indy wrestling. Attendances are terrible. Its sad.

So recording a show can cost extra money, time & effort (Need at least 2 good cameras, editing, graphics etc etc) Of course in todays world a person can do all the editing and graphics for free on a pc. But whats it all for? The sad reality is hardly anyone would watch these videos. Yeah, your local fanbase might. The wrestlers themselves would. Anyone associated with the indy would too. But these videos do not drum up any business really.

So you've just put all that extra money, time and effort in for nothing. Most indys just have a hard-cam focused at the ring so the guys can get a copy of their matches later.

There was a german site that had bios and pictures of loads of Irish wrestlers years ago :pac: It was crazy. Someone must of sent the site all the info.

But most wrestlers use social networking sites these days to get bookings (facebook, twitter, etc) But here is a tidbit, wrestlers DO NOT state how much it costs to book them openly on their page (for obvious reasons lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

that website is http://www.cagematch.net/ and it's still being updated if you'll believe that

and DCW did storylines...for lack of a better term. a few regional promotions in the US run regular shows with storylines such as All Pro Wrestling in California and UCW-Zero in Utah. there's also an all-women's promotion in Florida called SHINE that runs iPPVs every month with storylines. The whole set up is very professional and almost TV quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My question is nothing within this video, but the title itself.

Paul "Triple H" Levesque & Stephanie McMahon appear at the WrestleMania 29 Press Conference

Is that the first time WWE have referred to HHH as Paul Levesque?
    I remember when Vince had the million giveaway sign fall on him he was calling out "Paul, Paul, I cant feel my legs!" but has there been any other official times?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Punk did his "This isn't CM Punk talking to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque!" and we were all like "OMFG IT'S REALLY GOING DOWN!" for like 1 second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Punk did his "This isn't CM Punk talking to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque!" and we were all like "OMFG IT'S REALLY GOING DOWN!" for like 1 second.

aaaand enter Kevin Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/executive.jsp

He is listed as Paul Levesque on the corporate site, not as COO though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/executive.jsp

He is listed as Paul Levesque on the corporate site, not as COO though.

I think the COO is an on screen title only. It was created for when Vince was kayfabe removed from control on tv.

He's been called Paul a few times alright, but I dont recall Levesque being said too often. You'd have to be extra dumb to think Triple was his first name and H his last name anyway. Hunter Heurst Helmsley is hardly ever mentioned anymore. So much so that I cant even remember how they are spelt! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He's been called Paul a few times alright, but I dont recall Levesque being said too often. You'd have to be extra dumb to think Triple was his first name and H his last name anyway. Hunter Heurst Helmsley is hardly ever mentioned anymore. So much so that I cant even remember how they are spelt! :pac:

Yeah, very occasionally you might hear someone say "Hunter", and sometimes I think they call Steph "Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley" but that's about as close as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Until they said it on TV recently, I always had trouble with the pronunciation! I always pronounced the 's'!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Until they said it on TV recently, I always had trouble with the pronunciation! I always pronounced the 's'!

Are you not meant to?

I've always said "La-vesk."

CMpunked wrote: »
    Are you not meant to?

I think it's Le-Veck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Are you not meant to?

That's what I always said, but I guess it's French or some shit, so it's pronounced 'La-veck'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any other instances of real names being used before when they weren't 'supposed' to be or the likes?

I recall Ken Shamrock calling out Taker in around 1999 and referring to him as Mark. And then there's the infamous Wrestlers Court segment where Vince absolutely slated the Masterpiece by bellowing "You're name is Chris Mordetski, dammit!!'' after he swore under oath using his ring name and demanded his testimony by disregarded!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Omackeral wrote: »
    Any other instances of real names being used before when they weren't 'supposed' to be or the likes?

There was one of Undertaker's returns when he sat up out of a casket at the top of the entrance ramp. He was taking ages to appear and the show was going to run over time. I think Jerry Lawler had to shout out "Get up, Mark!" or words to that effect. I'll see if I can find the video.

Omackeral wrote: »

There are literally hundreds of first name instances.

Like sara, undertakers old wife, would always refer to him as mark on screen.

I'm more interested in finding times where surnames have been used too. That seems a helluva lot rarer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For taker as well when his then wife was on it during the DDP stalking angle she always referred to him as Mark

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For taker as well when his then wife was on it during the DDP stalking angle she always referred to him as Mark

Like sara, undertakers old wife, would always refer to him as mark on screen.

Echo! Echo! Echo! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Can someone give me the origins of the peoples elbow? Like, was it something that developed over time or did it just appear one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Can someone give me the origins of the peoples elbow? Like, was it something that developed over time or did it just appear one night?

It was a gimmick Rock came up with to impress the boys in the back on house-shows, and was then absorbed into Rock's repertoire as a 'joke' match-ender, feeding into the arrogance of Rock's heel shtick at the time. Rock's act took off, he went face, and the elbow kept drawing a pop. It stayed, its jokier elements were de-emphasized and now it wins WWE titles all by itself, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Figured something like that, surely there's a pretty clear idea of when the first televised one occurred? I tried YouTubing it a few times, but had no clue what to search, just wanna see the super early jokey arrogant version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll have a look-see but there's some RAWs/maybe PPVs in 97 which he does the people's elbow and it goes a sarcastic noise at best (like it wasn't part of the repertoire yet)

Advertisement