Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm more interested in finding times where surnames have been used too. That seems a helluva lot rarer.
    I remember an instance when 'Taker was referred to by the commentators as "Mark Calloway". I think it was when he had kidnapped Steph and, in order to sell the storyline of 'Taker going too far, they pointed out (something along that lines) that although Mark Calloway was just playing the character of The Undertaker, he'd been doing it so long, he had become the character. I'll see if I can find it on the YouTubes.

Also, when he returned in '05, Matt Hardy, on numerous occasions, called Edge "Adam Copeland".

And Shawn Michaels' surname (Hickenbottom) has been used at least once, that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Have many opponents kicked out after a Tombstone Piledriver?

tvercetti wrote: »
    Do you mean in general or specifically 'Taker's?

Either way, the answer is: Yes, plenty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's often at least one kick out from it during the mania match, though it's also what usually wins the match so that can get kinda forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Question : Is there any site that gives historical week by week results for RAW/Smackdown/TNA etc (without any prose/recaps).

I'm just looking for simple results lists like one can see for the PPV's on wiki , eg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVIII#Results

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Everyone in his Mania matches for about 6 years now I think :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Question : Is there any site that gives historical week by week results for RAW/Smackdown/TNA etc (without any prose/recaps).

I'm just looking for simple results lists like one can see for the PPV's on wiki , eg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVIII#Results

Thanks.

How far back are you looking for?

cagematch.net would have a lot of what you are looking for

example: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=92139

Search facility here: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&view=search

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How far back are you looking for?

cagematch.net would have a lot of what you are looking for

example: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=92139

I was just looking for the most recent stuff (say the last 12 months) but prior cards would be a bonus.

That looks perfect though. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Speaking of the People's Elbow, there is a great one with the Undertaker. Rock does his bit and goes off both ropes. Half way through the motion before dropping, 'taker sits up. Rock kicks him in the chest and drops it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Speaking of the People's Elbow, there is a great one with the Undertaker. Rock does his bit and goes off both ropes. Half way through the motion before dropping, 'taker sits up. Rock kicks him in the chest and drops it anyway :D

Or the one were he slides along as if he's on ice. Cool as fcuk!

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Or this one.....

Cool as F**K! :cool:

This is going to seem a bit of an odd question, but I want to ask a question about something in wrestling that has never made sense to me.

Take the following scenario. In a tag-team match "Wrestler #1" from "team A" is about to pin "Wrestler #2" from "team B". At this point "Wrestler #3" from "Team B" enters the ring, stomps on "Wrestler #1" to break up the pin and the match continues.

My question is : How is this allowed?

I thought the whole point of interference in is that the ref is not supposed to see it, however this maneuver seems to occur in practically every tag match and by its very nature the ref always sees it.

I know it probably falls under the "It's wrestling, don't think too hard about it" category, but it is one that never made sense to me. Is this maneuver actually allowed in "the rules"? I guess it must be.

Hematocyte wrote: »
    This is going to seem a bit of an odd question, but I want to ask a question about something in wrestling that has never made sense to me.

Take the following scenario. In a tag-team match "Wrestler #1" from "team A" is about to pin "Wrestler #2" from "team B". At this point "Wrestler #3" from "Team B" enters the ring, stomps on "Wrestler #1" to break up the pin and the match continues.

My question is : How is this allowed?

I thought the whole point of interference in is that the ref is not supposed to see it, however this maneuver seems to occur in practically every tag match and by its very nature the ref always sees it.

I know it probably falls under the "It's wrestling, don't think too hard about it" category, but it is one that never made sense to me. Is this maneuver actually allowed in "the rules"? I guess it must be.
    Technically it's illegal. But it's a minor offence so the most that happens is the ref giving out to the person who broke the count. A lot of the older rules are used very sparingly these days, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is it not a case where the illegal team mate can enter the ring, but has a 5 count to exit again, or be dq'ed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is it not a case where the illegal team mate can enter the ring, but has a 5 count to exit again, or be dq'ed?

That's my understanding of the rule aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Boom! Right here. Being in the ring just means the ref needs to usher him out/start a 5 count. I suppose there'd be leeway but if it happened multiple times with the same illegal team mate breaking up the fall, he'd warn & DQ him. It's just a heel tactic.

There's a bit in the 91 Survivor Series where Bulldog gets his finisher on the Mountie, and all the heel bail into the ring even before Bulldog covers him to break up the pin :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Why does the undertaker never or very rarely break kayfabe compared to other wrestlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tinie wrote: »
    Why does the undertaker never or very rarely break kayfabe compared to other wrestlers?

He's managed to swing Vince & Co to maintain his character, taking multiple breaks so he remains fresh & a draw over a long time. He's the best held character in the history of wrestling. Part of that is his rare appearances and high-stakes matchups. His mistique is everything, and that includes (almost) never breaking character. He's a separate world unto himself. He's an anomaly in the world of wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Its written in his contract.

AFAIK, he's never once attended the HOF ceremony the night before WM.

Think its to add to the mystery of the character and the whole "supernatural" side of it.

I was always under the impression that once you tag out you have 5 seconds to be legal in the ring, allowing for such moves as the Dudley Death Drop and Doomsday Device.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's managed to swing Vince & Co to maintain his character, taking multiple breaks so he remains fresh & a draw over a long time. He's the best held character in the history of wrestling. Part of that is his rare appearances and high-stakes matchups. His mistique is everything, and that includes (almost) never breaking character. He's a separate world unto himself. He's an anomaly in the world of wrestling.

He did do some Off The Record interviews as the biker back in the early 2000's as Mark Callaway but yeah as the deadman he maintains the gimmick, really old school in that regard.

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Have vague memories of spotting him in the crowd during his "American Badass" days.

MeTV wrote: »
    Have vague memories of spotting him in the crowd during his "American Badass" days.

they didn't have a HOF like it is now back then though, they did one in 2004 when Billy Graham and Bobby Heenan got inducted but afaik it was just talent that attended not the public. the last one before that was 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler wrote: »
    they didn't have a HOF like it is now back then though, they did one in 2004 when Billy Graham and Bobby Heenan got inducted but afaik it was just talent that attended not the public. the last one before that was 1996.

2004 hof was open to the public, was held in the big upstairs ballroom of the hilton hotel in midtown, i was there, went on for 6 hours

Only on a tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Boom! Right here. Being in the ring just means the ref needs to usher him out/start a 5 count. I suppose there'd be leeway but if it happened multiple times with the same illegal team mate breaking up the fall, he'd warn & DQ him. It's just a heel tactic.

There's a bit in the 91 Survivor Series where Bulldog gets his finisher on the Mountie, and all the heel bail into the ring even before Bulldog covers him to break up the pin :P

Wasn't there a tag match fairly recently where they actually disqualified a team due to the partner interfering in the pin? I remember people wondering why it happened then and not every other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Forget the tag rules, what is with the referees just not counting people out anymore!?

Rock vs. Punk at the Royal Rumble, they were out of the ring trying to put each other through a table for about 4 minutes. Ref just "forgot" the rules.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Forget the tag rules, what is with the referees just not counting people out anymore!?

Rock vs. Punk at the Royal Rumble, they were out of the ring trying to put each other through a table for about 4 minutes. Ref just "forgot" the rules.

Pffft that's nothing back in the attitude era the wwf title match would en up in the crowd for about 10 minutes and all JR would say was Earl Hebner is being lenient with regards the countout rule tonight and rightly so its for the WWF title.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    2004 hof was open to the public, was held in the big upstairs ballroom of the hilton hotel in midtown, i was there, went on for 6 hours

Ah ok, never saw the full event only clips but it looked like it was a small conference room so figured was insiders only, the one I was at for WM24 was headwrecking at times, people never shut up during it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Its written in his contract.

Think its to add to the mystery of the character and the whole "supernatural" side of it.

He's done a few axxess signings in the last few years. Very strange to see him sitting there in a normal environment.

Advertisement