Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Argument could be that they help hold the table together. Taking them out allows your opponent to go through them and in theory hurt them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You have to remember the size of the guys going through the tables. When you have so much weight hitting whatever they will go through. It's just the odd time they don't hit that sweet spot and the table holds it's sh*t together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What's the story with kane's hair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JJayoo wrote: »
    What's the story with kane's hair

]

His mask has a wig built in. Even the old masks from the 90s had wigs

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    His mask has a wig built in. Even the old masks from the 90s had wigs

I mean I thought he was bald?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

his hair looked real in the 2000s, was it never real?

I think he only started wearing the wig the night he unmasked in 2003??

Im sure it was his own hair from 97 - 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

I mean I thought he was bald?

He shaved his head during the period when he was "unmasked" (most of the 2000's iirc?) in order to create/retain a particular look for the character.

I think he started wearing the mask again in 2011. At that point I guess he could have pretty much any haircut he wanted.

(Edit : I also agree that his hair looked like his real hair during his pre-unmasking era (at least some of the time anyway). I don't think that was a wig. Also I'd suspect that it was his real hair too during his "unmasking". They just shaved off the front and left the rest).

yeah i suppose the fact that he has no hair now means he needs a wig!

its funny i was looking at that vid thinking kane looks weird unmasked and bald...when he's been wrestling like that for most of the last decade!

srm23 wrote: »
    yeah i suppose the fact that he has no hair now means he needs a wig!

!

But in the video I posted it looks like he was a decent head of hair, I thought maybe he was sick of always having to wear a wig with the mask and just decided to grow his own hair out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Definitely his hair during the initial mask-era.

n1152258525_30358891_4802411.jpg

Sweet jesus that is some fcuked up pic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think he only started wearing the wig the night he unmasked in 2003?? I'm sure it was his own hair from 97 - 2003.

Yes exactly. He had naturally long hair in the 90s and only shaved it when he demasked in 2003 to accentuate the change. I remember an interview he had later saying how great that no-one initially saw the change between his hair and the wig so removing it came off as a big shock. Wth his time off WWE recently, he did grow it out a bit, he's wearing a wig every week now.

But in the video I posted it looks like he was a decent head of hair, I thought maybe he was sick of always having to wear a wig with the mask and just decided to grow his own hair out.

sure he is balding on top! no way he could use his own hair again for kane

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Does the timekeeper at ringside actually keep the time for the match? or is it purely to ring the bell? does he relay to the wrestlers how long is left or does that instruction come from the back? to go home early or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

krudler wrote: »
    Does the timekeeper at ringside actually keep the time for the match? or is it purely to ring the bell? does he relay to the wrestlers how long is left or does that instruction come from the back? to go home early or whatever.

Yes, and that info is usually passed onto the ref if he isn't wearing a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

sure he is balding on top! no way he could use his own hair again for kane

I remember he got his mask pulled off in 2003 and ran away. his hair was still intact so presumably it was his own. he's been wearing the mask since late 2011 so his hair could realistically have grown back since then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

What has happened to tajiri? He always had a solid match and got good reactions, has there ever been talk of him coming back or interest from either side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sirsok wrote: »
    What has happened to tajiri? He always had a solid match and got good reactions, has there ever been talk of him coming back or interest from either side?

He owns his own promotion in Japan.

I remember he got his mask pulled off in 2003 and ran away. his hair was still intact so presumably it was his own. he's been wearing the mask since late 2011 so his hair could realistically have grown back since then

see recent video of him on previous page unmasked and going bald on top

• Advertisement

Did Randy Savage really stick it to Stephanie McMahon in 1992?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's no actual evidence to support it, just rumour and hearsay. Why Savage has been blackballed from WWE without reasoning only fuels rumours. Vince McMahon has mended many bridges in order to do business, but completely blanks Savage, it had to be something horrendous. Vince has eased up a bit in the years prior to Macho's death. The Macho Madness DVD was only brought out as a Stockholder pressured him about why such a DVD hasn't been made, and the WWE All Stars appearance was with THQ, not WWE.

its hilarious to imagine him chatting her up in that voice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What do you expect to happen when you name a wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage and then leave him with your teenage daughter? OOOOH YEAHHHHHH!!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There's no actual evidence to support it, just rumour and hearsay. Why Savage has been blackballed from WWE without reasoning only fuels rumours. Vince McMahon has mended many bridges in order to do business, but completely blanks Savage, it had to be something horrendous. Vince has eased up a bit in the years prior to Macho's death. The Macho Madness DVD was only brought out as a Stockholder pressured him about why such a DVD hasn't been made, and the WWE All Stars appearance was with THQ, not WWE.

That really, brought guys back who have screwed him over and had major heat with, but never Savage. Guys who left during the Monday Night Wars, guys who walked out, guys who held him up for money, but yet Savage basically didnt exist as far as WWE were concerned for a long time.

That really, brought guys back who have screwed him over and had major heat with, but never Savage. Guys who left during the Monday Night Wars, guys who walked out, guys who held him up for money, but yet Savage basically didnt exist as far as WWE were concerned for a long time.

Vince prob walked in on them

Vince prob walked in on them

Now that image lives in my head, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

jaykhunter wrote: »

Looking bit into it, Savage Left in 1994, Stephanie would have been 18 that year. In 1992 Savage and Elizabeth divorced, maybe Elizabeth knew savage bonked Steph back then she would been 16 then, so maybe Elizabeth left Savage over that? but word got to Vince couple years later so maybe that's why he left so abruptly, sorts of backs that theory, also as stated by others he's had what seems to us worse falling out with others like Hogan, Warrior.

This rumour been going around for years, you telling me likes of Vince/Steph would make any attempt to squash rumours and stuff being said about Steph

That's just my theory something happened that pissed Vince off for him to blank him for years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Another popular theory is that McMahon never forgave Savage for taking the SlimJim endorsement with him to WCW, at a time when the 'E where in dire straits.

What? I never said it made sense.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Another popular theory is that McMahon never forgave Savage for taking the SlimJim endorsement with him to WCW, at a time when the 'E where in dire straits.

What? I never said it made sense.

Could be that, I think Randy was snapping his SlimJim someplace he shouldnt have been though :pac:

Advertisement