Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Anyone tell me where I could buy a large crash mat for training?

Did anything come of that wrestling promotion that was going to do wrestling like a TV series with 12 shows a season or something like that?

Nearly sure I heard of a promotion doing that or maybe it was a dream :D??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wrestling Retribution Project with Jeff Katz. The guy took the kickstarter money, filmed material for the season, then became unreachable/fell off the face of the earth. It never materialised. The project's gone dark for months. He said he ran out of money and then had distribution problems, some people said he had a breakdown but I can't verify that. There was an awful spinoff called "The Underground" on YouTube than ran for a few episodes. Don't expect it to ever see the light of day, but hey, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wrestling Retribution Project with Jeff Katz. The guy took the kickstarter money, filmed material for the season, then became unreachable/fell off the face of the earth. It never materialised. The project's gone dark for months. He said he ran out of money and then had distribution problems, some people said he had a breakdown but I can't verify that. There was an awful spinoff called "The Underground" on YouTube than ran for a few episodes. Don't expect it to ever see the light of day, but hey, who knows.

Hmmmmmm Whouda thunk it eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Actually, reading that just made me think of something weird I was told ages ago about the WWE venue The World in Times Square closing because somebody involved in it screwed over the finances.

I remember dismissing it at the time as nonsense, but has anybody else ever heard anything unusual about the place closing down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is the undertaker really that good? or did he just land the best Gimmick in wrestling history?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

JJayoo wrote: »
    Is the undertaker really that good? or did he just land the best Gimmick in wrestling history?

He's really that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's actually an awful gimmick in this day and age. A dead bloke with powers. The fact he makes you suspend your disbelief all these years (not to mention evolving it) says how good the man is.

The gimmick would've bombed with 95% of other wrestlers I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How did Tajiri do the mist (Green or Black depending on when you watched) is it a capsule he has in his mouth and bursts it then spits it out or something like that? Surely its annoying having it in your mouth for the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How did Tajiri do the mist (Green or Black depending on when you watched) is it a capsule he has in his mouth and bursts it then spits it out or something like that? Surely its annoying having it in your mouth for the match?

I imagine the ref'd give to him whenever it's called for in the match, similar to how the ref'll sometimes give the blade for juicing, depend on the performer's preferences.

I do recall reading something bizarre in Poweslam way back when that stated that the mist was kept in a condom, and that this was the preferred means of concealing the prop as it was transparent once the liquid was removed.

I can't vouch for the validity of this, but I do get the giggles imaging the venue-cleaners wince, finding a discarded prophylactic with red/green gick streaming out of it. Outta context, it's just something that won't really compute with average human mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did anything come of that wrestling promotion that was going to do wrestling like a TV series with 12 shows a season or something like that?

Nearly sure I heard of a promotion doing that or maybe it was a dream :D??
    A lot of questions come our way on our twitter and generally we try to answer them the best we can. But for a long while now, we’ve had a question that keeps popping up for which we have no answer. What happened to the Wrestling Retribution Project? What happened to the WRP? Jeff Katz seemed to have disappeared, with about $100,000 of Kickstarter funded money and over a year and a half later nothing to show for it. Well, we finally have our answer.

Jeff Katz did a podcast with PWInsider.com where he talks about what happened (available on the Elite side of the website), what he has been up to, and what has happened to the footage. Without a shred of anger in his voice, Jeff lets everyone know a story that he tried to put out there on Twitter. He essentially LOST everything in his financial life. Now, it was clear that it had nothing do with the WRP, but it was a typical investment deal gone bad. But unfortunately, and this is something I believe many can relate to, Jeff basically had to restart his life from the ground up. He didn’t ask for sympathy and explicitly said he didn’t want to sound like he was making excuses for his behavior and that perhaps, with hind site, he should have better stated the situation. One could look back and perhaps see the flaws in how he handled the situation and letting those who funded the project know anything about his personal life and the situation he was in, but as the saying goes, hind sight is twenty-twenty.

What he does address though is that the footage is in post production still. Now some may feel this is ridiculous and that perhaps this is all a facade. It’s understandable. Katz is a producer/executive. He should have known better. But it is what it is and he makes no bones about it. The plan is still for the footage to be cut, he references 65 matches taped, and they still are going to be distributed by Image Entertainment. And that is pretty much where we stand.

Jeff mentioned that he had to reach out to friends and call in some favors to rebuild his life, to pay his rent, to just live. For that, it is possible that one could forgive Jeff, though he vehemently states that he understands all the criticism sent his way and makes no excuses. He also mentions to Mike Johnson that because the footage/content is so encapsulated within it’s own universe that it will hardly make a difference when it’s released or where the talents are who are featured within the project. That is good to hear as many have asked us if it will feel dated when it does come to the light of day.

At this point that is the most anyone can hope for when it comes to an answer. PWP has already made overtures and in the near future, we should have Jeff Katz on again to discuss this project. Feel free to check out our first interview by clicking here.

Any questions about the podcast, we highly suggest to go to PWInsider.com and listen to it, but feel free to email or tweet us and we will try to answer as best we can about the WRP project though you can find A LOT OF DETAILS about it here, without spoilers of the matches.

Link: http://www.pwponderings.com/2013/02/06/what-happened-to-the-wrp-jeff-katz-responds/

and then zero word since this interview in February. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is The Rock getting any rematch after his defeat at WM?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is The Rock getting any rematch after his defeat at WM?

If he wants a match he will get one. He just had surgery, ate a pile of Pizzas so he can't move right now.

he did say on twitter he might be finished wrestling now as he came back and did the things he wanted so who knows?

How is it that Mike Knox is able to keep his ring name for TNA? Would WWE not have the rights to that name?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He uses the name Knux, not Knox.

Angron wrote: »
    He uses the name Knux, not Knox.

He had Knox on his Vest patch this week! And I've seen it as Knox on numerous occasions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh, well I've seen it as Knux, with the Mike part dropped altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Does anyone know why Jack Doan was released by WWE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Who the bloody hell is Renee Young and why is she on my tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gimmick wrote: »

Mae Youngs niece apparently, she is awful presenting Vintage Collection always talks a lot and says nothing with it, i`d nearly swear Mean Gene hates her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

gimmick wrote: »

Who is she? If I'm correct I believe she is May Young's(of hand birthing fame) daughter.

Why is she on your TV? Because she is May Young's daughter. Another reason is she has that American TV mom looking head and is half-decent at presenting a re-cap show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Renee Paquette was signed up as a presenter, renamed Renee Young. She was a presenter on The Score in canada.

The Mae young thing is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

she was originally signed for the network but with no network anytime soon they moved her to working different jobs on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

what was the story with the network anyway? like a full blown WWE tv station? the product is oversaturated as is, although i suppose there's decades of archive stuff they can show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

krudler wrote: »
    what was the story with the network anyway? like a full blown WWE tv station? the product is oversaturated as is, although i suppose there's decades of archive stuff they can show.

Wrote up a piece on this recently :

547297_590443224308616_1853082390_n.png

WWE network would've been a premium channel like HBO. Seeing as shows earmarked for it (like "Total Divas") have been shopped off to other channels, the network is not coming anytime soon, if at all. Vince still has high hopes on having their own channel, showcasing their vast tape library (well over 100,000 hours at their disposal) and new TV shows. For $15/month, you'd get all that and 11/12 PPVs FOR FREE (you'd still have to pay for WrestleMania).

WWE have put this network on hold more than once since announcing it in November 2011. There's two reasons : WWE didn't (and still don't) have the infrastructure and the right people to run a successful network, and don't have the one million subscribers they'd need to make it financially viable. I know me and you would jump at the chance, but overall in the "WWE Universe", there just isn't that much interest. Bigger, more mainstream celebrities have tried and failed at a network. (RE: The Oprah Network, which lost her $330 million).

Triple H does not have the business ego of Vince (well, he hasn't shown it!), he'd be an absolute fool to put the company in peril going full throttle with a lame duck. Hopefully WWE do something more sensible like joining an existing, successful cable channel, or even easier - strike an exclusive, separate WWE section with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cable tv is on the way out anyway, on demand tv is where it's at, I don't watch one tv show on tv live, only stuff that happens to be on if I'm sat in front of it on my laptop or whatever. The days of tuning in at specific times to watch stuff is quickly dying so they'd be investing in an archaic way of watching tv. If this ever goes ahead then it'll quickly join the ranks of the IBF, XFL and any other ventures outside the wrestling business they've made even though it's directly connected to wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon if Vince never tried the XFL he'd have gone ahead with this by now. The XFL lost him a lot of money so he probably wont be taking that chance again unless he knows it will be a success.

Was did sheamus feel the need to almost kill Jamie Noble?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was did sheamus feel the need to almost kill Jamie Noble?

It was a way to make Sheamus seem more of a monster heel, and to write Noble off screen

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It was a way to make Sheamus seem more of a monster heel, and to write Noble off screen

I get that but surely a powerbomb like that is way over the top. I mean the usual monster heel move is to put someone through the announcer's table, but this is just nasty.

Advertisement