Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey guys, is Iron Man worth seeing in 3D? Like is it good 3D? Looking to see it 2m (no spoilers please!)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

orestes wrote: »
    I've no idea why but that made me instantly think of this:

Exactly! :D I don't remember the scene myself but that's precisely how the guy was sitting with his Big Mac according to my dad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey guys, is Iron Man worth seeing in 3D? Like is it good 3D? Looking to see it 2m (no spoilers please!)

I seen it in 3d it adds nothing special but it doesn't take away from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hematocyte wrote: »
    ^^ Could be , but I don't think he was in as good a shape as the guy in that pix. Also the weight seems a bit low.

After the show I went backstage with my dad to meet some of the wrestlers and get some autographs. The wrestler in question was sitting in a corner of the dressing room eating Big Macs. My dad reminded me that this wrestler (whoever he was) was sitting on a chair and his stomach was so big that while he was eating one Big Mac he had another Big Mac rested perfectly on his enormous stomach almost at eye level.

Here he is with a belly on him - they always add weight when they announce them as well. Also the pic on the cagematch site would have been his younger days, he was pushing 50 by the early 80's.

Angus%20Campbell%204-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Whilst I can't rule Wild Angus out , I just don't get the feeling that he's the guy.

For some reason I get a sort of "Bam Bam Bigelow" memory/connection in my mind when I think of this guy. I don't mean the tattoos but I just think he had that sort of big stout guy, beard, very short hair, not exactly blessed in the looks department. Real tough looking heel type.

The hair might be the key. If I had to bet my house I'd almost definitely say he didn't have long hair. He was probably shaved down or bald. Also he might not be British either. I just presumed he was because everyone on the card seemed to be those Saturday afternoon ITV type wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you think the 'What' chant that the crowd has been doing for over a decade will ever stop? And, if so, how?

I Fcuking hate it. Ruins so many promos. I wanna punch everyone in the neck/ovaries who says it (including whoever quotes this post and types 'What' after it).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you think the 'What' chant that the crowd has been doing for over a decade will ever stop? And, if so, how?

Nope :( Fans watching are fans from the Attitude Era. It's easiness and applicability means it'll never die. Also sometimes it forces wrestlers to change their speech/throw them off so there's an incentive for them. They'll just teach new fans to do so. You'd hope it'd get replaced by YES! or NO! but no such luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching Raw 1997 ATM and am on the episode when HBK forfeits the title.

He said it was his knee that was borked but I always thought it was his back that was in bits.

Anyone shed any light for me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Necronos wrote: »
    Watching Raw 1997 ATM and am on the episode when HBK forfeits the title.

He said it was his knee that was borked but I always thought it was his back that was in bits.

Anyone shed any light for me?

The back injury came in December of 1997 after he hit the edge of the Undertaker's casket.

I can see the confusion but you are out by a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    The back injury came in December of 1997 after he hit the edge of the Undertaker's casket.

Did that not happen at the rumble or did it happen in an angle in the run up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cheers.

I presume it was a legit injury, the knee I mean?

Necronos wrote: »
    Cheers.

I presume it was a legit injury, the knee I mean?

Check out his entrance at Wrestlemania 13 dancing to the ring and draw your conclusions. :pac:

Not career threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Check out his entrance at Wrestlemania 13 dancing to the ring and draw your conclusions. :pac:

Not career threatening.

I always thought it was more of HBK-Bret ego thing that he had his "knee" injury. But it led to Austin and the Hart Foundation and then a few weeks later HBK was cured with some sort of miracle and sprinting down the aisle with chairs getting involved with the Austin/Bret story probably when he realised Austin was quickly taking his place as top Face of the company whilst being booked as a heel. In many ways we're lucky it happened as I imagine Austin-Bret would not have happened had he not been injured. 97 is such an underrated year in WWE though. Currently watching through it myself, so interesting to watch the slow shift into the Attitude Era and the difference in crowd reactions and storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's the average salary of a WWE ref?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Omackeral wrote: »

I Fcuking hate it. Ruins so many promos. I wanna punch everyone in the neck/ovaries who says it (including whoever quotes this post and types 'What' after it).

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I only know the Lesnar side of the story.
    Austin was pissed at creative because he didn't agree with the way they were feuding him with Lesnar. Austin refused to work a match that he was scheduled to lose and explained that it would make him look weak to lose to a rookie.And that the stage wasn't set for Lesnar to beat a star like Austin.He eventually walked out when they wanted him to lose to Lesnar.
    I don't think it was an issue with Lesnar rather an issue with Creative in the way they were pushing Lesnar to the moon.

Austin has spoken about it himself. He objected to the fact they wanted him to lose to Brock, on Raw, with zero build.

I agree, it was retarded to think this would have been a good idea for Austin. Post Survivor Series 2001, it's as if creative had no idea what to do with Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What's the average salary of a WWE ref?

I remember reading something saying $77k-$550k, with the 550k being Earl Hebner before he left for TNA. I'd say Mike Chioda's probably on a decent package now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I remember reading something saying $77k-$550k, with the 550k being Earl Hebner before he left for TNA. I'd say Mike Chioda's probably on a decent package now too.

Wasn't Chioda suspended for a wellness violation a while back? That leads me to the question, is all on air staff tested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: Is there some wrestler database out there where I might be able to search by nationality/era/weight etc?

This site is alright but it typically only has TV matches and modern promotions: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/giant-haystacks-670.html

Also http://thehistoryofwwe.com/ is a good source of info for results of the main American promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They'd want to from all the head trauma, it's guaranteed one will be knocked unconscious at least once during a ppv :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I can't remember where but I saw a figure of $100k-$200k for refs. Half a million would maybe be for a senior ref but that still seems high.

Referees also work on setting up the ring and other backstage and road duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Referees also work on setting up the ring and other backstage and road duties.

Exactly this.....at the Raw house show in the o2 a couple of weeks back, Naitch Charlie Robinson was pulling the ring apart at the end of the night.

How much is shipping on WWE.com to Ireland?

I've got the same question about the High Spots shipping. Roughly how much is it?

I've got the same question about the High Spots shipping. Roughly how much is it?

Can't give a dollar amount. But in the past year or so the US postral rates went up and Highspots tapped on an additional premium. Just remember it being super excessive. I only buy downloads from them now as a result.

Thanks! I was thinking about buying some of the $5 wrestling DVDs, mainly because the clips that I've seen are hilarious!
    The laptop is banjaxed so I'm looking to get a new one soon so I'll hold off on the downloads.

Thanks! I was thinking about buying some of the $5 wrestling DVDs, mainly because the clips that I've seen are hilarious!
    The laptop is banjaxed so I'm looking to get a new one soon so I'll hold off on the downloads.

Oh if you want $5 Wrestling just subscribe to their On Demand service for $9.99 per month: http://highspots.tv/

Watch the Heroes of Burke County stuff first: http://highspots.tv/?s=heroes+burke&x=-927&y=-51

It is where the characters came from.

Awesome, cheers for that!

Just read Meltzer's What If story in the Observer and now have a massive need to buy the latest iteration of Total Extreme Wrestling.

Is it worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are TNA aware that a real Aces and Eights 1% MC exists out there and did they contact them beforehand? They've chapters in the UK for instance. Afaik a 1%'er can forcibly remove a backpatch from a poser (a non member displaying a club patch on his back riding jacket) For instance the Hells Angels, Outlaws and Pagan's have killed over patch rights.

The HA's and Outlaws have chapters in Britain and Ireland.

Advertisement