Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Has their been a 3 stages of hell match before where it didn't go to a 3rd fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Has their been a 3 stages of hell match before where it didn't go to a 3rd fall?

While it wasn't a 3 stages of hell match, Mick Foley vs Ric Flair was a best of 3 falls match that ended 2-0 to the Nature Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mtjm wrote: »
    Why did the WWF come up with the story line of fake Diesel and Razor what was the story behind that?

it was in response to nash and hall signing with wcw and getting super popular over there, vinces response was to bring back their former characters because he believed (very wrongly) that the person in question playing the character didn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Again no 3 stages of hell but the match where Candice Michelle injured herself ended prematurely on the second fall. Beth Phoenix had won the first fall, presumably Candice would have gotten one but she was knocked unconscious and Beth pinned her to win the second fall of the match

The Briscoe Brothers in ROH I think had a gimmick of winning in two straight falls all the time

Another women's one at TNA Genesis 2010 with ODB vs Tara. It was a 2/3 falls match and Tara won both falls in a row without ODB getting one

It's also worth noting that 2/3 falls was the standard for all matches in the early years. One fall matches only really came up when it became "sports entertainment". Same with British Freestyle Wrestling in the 70s and 80s, all the matches were 2/3 falls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I recall there being a 2/3 falls match between Foley and Flair a few years back where I think Flair won with the first two falls, though I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: Omackeral got it, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Who is the most or which superstars are up there as the most repackaged WWE / TNA superstars? I only thought of this question since I saw the Curtis Axel debut.

I know Foley had a good few with Freak Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, 'regular-ish' Mankind and just Mick Foley but I'm struggling to think of anyone who has more than that or those who have similar?

I know there are those out there like Taker who have had Old School Taker, Ministry Taker, American Bad Ass Taker, New Old School Taker but American Bad Ass Taker aside they were more evolving personas (and one return to old change) then repackaging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno if it counts as much, but the man who's DOC in TNA now had 2 re packagings in WWE. He was Fake-Kane during that pointless feud, then he was Festus in that tag-team, before he became Luke Gallows in the Straight Edge Society.

You could possibly count the various personae of Mick Foley too.

Mabel to Viscera to *shudder* Big Daddy V.

I think Charles Wright probably holds the distinction here.

Came into WWF as voodoo witch doctor Papa Shango.

Later became Kama, the Supreme Fighting Machine who was in Ted Dibiase's stable.

Then he evolved into Kama Mustafa of the Nation of Domination.

From there he turned into The Godfather that we all know and loved.

And became heel as the RIght to Censor's Goodfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Zach Ryder from one of the Major bros, to an Edgehead, to just plain Hawkins / Ryder to Long Island Ice Z perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Angron wrote: »
    Dunno if it counts as much, but the man who's DOC in TNA now had 2 re packagings in WWE. He was Fake-Kane during that pointless feud, then he was Festus in that tag-team, before he became Luke Gallows in the Straight Edge Society.

You could possibly count the various personae of Mick Foley too.

Would Stevie Richards count? He was Stevie Night Heat, Dancin' Stevie Richards, he had the Right 2 Censor gimmick, the bWo, the crazy gimmick with Victoria and was Dr. Stevie in TNA.

• Advertisement

Also there's the case of Matt Bloom in WWE.

Debuted as Prince Albert with Droz.

Later became just Albert when he teamed with Test in T&A managed by Trish.

A-Train then when he was a Smackdown regular around 2003.

After his long Hiatus as Giant Bernard in Japan he returned as Lord Tensai.

And now of course he's a part of Tons of Funk as Sweet T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Angron wrote: »
    To expand upon that:
    1. Mabel
    2. King Mabel (technically an update to the original package)
    3. Viscera
    4. The World's Largest Love Machine (technically still Viscera)
    5. Big Daddy V

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Rikishi had a few gimmick changes didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rikishi had a few gimmick changes didn't he?

He certainly had. Fatu, a Headshrinker (I think) The Sultan, Rikishi. "I did it for The Rock"

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Was there any really unusually skinny jobbers in the WWF during the 80's? I'm trying to identify one in particular.

I'll describe what I remember. I seem to remember some particular match on "WWF Superstars of Wrestling" where Jesse Ventura kept making jokes about some jobber during the bout. For example question if his weight statistics was correct or if he had been soaking wet when he was weighed etc?

I doubt this guy was anorexic or whatever but I got the impression he was probably in that lean lanky Greg Gagne mould (or even skinnier). However he was built Jessie pretty much spent the entire squash ragging on him. For whatever reason the diatribe from Jessie has been tattooed on my brain ever since.

I used to watch "WWF Superstars of Wrestling" on Saturday mornings between 1987-90 so whoever this guy was would have appeared on the show during that period. Also, for some reason I have the memory he might have been blonde with a moustache (but that description could be entirely incorrect!).

Anyway, perhaps someone knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: Was there any really unusually skinny jobbers in the WWF during the 80's? I'm trying to identify one in particular.

I'll describe what I remember. I seem to remember some particular match on "WWF Superstars of Wrestling" where Jesse Ventura kept making jokes about some jobber during the bout. For example question if his weight statistics was correct or if he had been soaking wet when he was weighed etc?

I doubt this guy was anorexic or whatever but I got the impression he was probably in that lean lanky Greg Gagne mould (or even skinnier). However he was built Jessie pretty much spent the entire squash ragging on him. For whatever reason the diatribe from Jessie has been tattooed on my brain ever since.

I used to watch "WWF Superstars of Wrestling" on Saturday mornings between 1987-90 so whoever this guy was would have appeared on the show during that period. Also, for some reason I have the memory he might have been blonde with a moustache (but that description could be entirely incorrect!).

Anyway, perhaps someone knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBwcvK6PqtxoY_XRiKpMJ_j5VFDoaNPKNApq1yBe47dKFMSLbcpA
    Duane Gill?

Someone there reminded me of Ed Leslie,

Brutus Beefcake, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, The Butcher, The Man With No Name, The Zodiac, The Booty Man, The Disciple and I'm sure at some stage he was Ed Leslie.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Billy Gunn was initially a cowboy of The Smoking Gunns tag team. Then he was Rockabilly the Honky Tonk Man's prodigy. Then BA Billy Gunn of the New Age Outlaws and DX. Then Mr Ass. Then "The One" Billy Gunn. Then gay Billy. Then back to Mr Ass

Dolph Ziggler was first Chavo Guerrero's golf caddy when he was Kerwin White. Then he was Nicky of the Spirit Squad. Also in OVW he had a frat boy gimmick for a while.

Johnny Curtis was an underdog face on NXT season 4. Then he had a weird series of vignettes on Smackdown with visual puns. Then on NXT Redemption he returned as a pervert nicknamed Dirty Curty. Then he became Fandango

Molly Holly was brought into WWE as a valet for William Regal called Lady Ophelia. Then she became the country bumpkin Holly Cousin. Then she was Mighty Molly. Then she was a self-righteous prude with a huge ass. Then she was a badass heel. And then she was a bald comic relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is it true that Cena took part in one of Ted Dibiase's promos when he was a kid?

Is it true that Cena took part in one of Ted Dibiase's promos when he was a kid?

Not sure but I know a young RVD did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm thinking of getting a replica belt soon, can anyone recommend a belt?
    I'm currently torn between the White IC, Rated R and the World Heavyweight titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

White IC x1000

Attitude era world title is one of my favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm thinking of getting a replica belt soon, can anyone recommend a belt?
    I'm currently torn between the White IC, Rated R and the World Heavyweight titles.

the IC belt is lovely, even the standard figures inc one is really detailed. I have the Undisputed v2 and had the big winged eagle but sold that.

The white IC one is a good one. I have the WWE Championship Belt circa 2003 and I love it.

I'd say avoid the Rated R belt which my mate has, there's just not that feel of prestige off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When we see refs talk to the wrestlers before and during the match, are they saying official ref type stuff in case the mikes pick them up or the fans hear them or are they passing on instructions?

I know sometimes they're asking them if they're okay after a move goes wrong or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When we see refs talk to the wrestlers before and during the match, are they saying official ref type stuff in case the mikes pick them up or the fans hear them or are they passing on instructions?
    Last minute instructions surrounded by basic refereeing questions. They wear ear pieces so either from the back or from their opponent in regards whats coming next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When Vince used to do commentary did he ever lose his cool and say something outside of his squeeky clean babyface routine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    When Vince used to do commentary did he ever lose his cool and say something outside of his squeeky clean babyface routine

The only thing I remember from Vince is this:

"1! 2! 3! He got it! What? Oh.... no he didnt...."

At least once every fcuking week! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The only thing I remember from Vince is this:

"1! 2! 3! He got it! What? Oh.... no he didnt...."

At least once every fcuking week! :pac:

Don't forget Hu Ha forget about it and What a manouver too.

Advertisement