Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Where can i watch ring of honor? are there any tv channels in Ireland that are fairly up to date? also I have seen posts about hogan saying something in TNA where he brings up the fact that it is all a work. I was wondering exactly what he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No TV channels here cover ROH. Its DVDs or bust, unless you know of some other means to get it to your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I of course frown upon that sort of thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

down-with-this-sort-of-thing-a-great-one-from-27160-1264994197-206.jpg

cian68 wrote: »
    Where can i watch ring of honor? are there any tv channels in Ireland that are fairly up to date?
    Although there's no TV channel in Ireland/UK that covers ROH, ROH have legally allowed the youtube channel www.youtube.com/ROHBrazil to post up their stuff in chunks later in the week. (Monday's show is uploaded on Thursday)
    cian68 wrote: »
    also I have seen posts about hogan saying something in TNA where he brings up the fact that it is all a work. I was wondering exactly what he said

• Advertisement

Looking at John Morrison, I thought : are there any other faces currently in WWE/TNA that have facial hair? (beard/goatee)

beardcap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Mark Henry
    Triple H
    Daniel Bryan
    Big Show
    Masters
    Hornswaggle
    Edge
    Taker
    Tamina

Probably More

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What has been the most effective finisher?

Let me explain, when Shawn kicked out of the tombstone at WM 25 it was huge, becuase no one kicks out of the tombstone.

What finisher has been the most certain to put a man down for the count? Basically, what finisher has been booked the strongest?

What has been the most effective finisher?

Let me explain, when Shawn kicked out of the tombstone at WM 25 it was huge, becuase no one kicks out of the tombstone.

What finisher has been the most certain to put a man down for the count? Basically, what finisher has been booked the strongest?

I imagine it's between Hogan's Leg Drop, Austin's Stunner, and Cena's FU. I'd say Hogan.

I also want to give props for The Godfather's Ho Train, which is possibly the most counterable signature move, but was only ever countered once on WWF TV (@ Royal Rumble 2002 return)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I imagine it's between Hogan's Leg Drop, Austin's Stunner, and Cena's FU. I'd say Hogan.

A bit of research, although not very reliable, says that 4 people have kicked out of the Hogan Legdrop (Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Yokozuna, The Rock) and 3 have kicked out of the Stunner (Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and The Rock in all three of their WM matches).

• Advertisement

Cool, how about Cena's FU?

Will have to check that one too.

Jay it seems like we are communicating on two different platforms! Hint - scumbags on the 77 bus ;)

In 2010 alone, Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Batista all kicked out of the FU, so I don't think this move is as deadly as others.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Will have to check that one too.

Jay it seems like we are communicating on two different platforms! Hint - scumbags on the 77 bus ;)

:eek::eek: THAT'S AWESOME!!!! :pac: :pac:

OK i can't find it here on boards. Been working the search function to no avail.

Is there a thread for the American Wrestling Rampage show they had in Galway with Heidenreich, Test, Sandman etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Back in the 80's & early 90's there was no live weekly WWE show or any wrestling show for that matter.

My question is would wrestlers have been putting in more hours back then with taped shows or would they have more to do now with 2 live shows or whatever it is a week?

If its yes how many taped shows would a top star be doing a week back then?

OK i can't find it here on boards. Been working the search function to no avail.

Is there a thread for the American Wrestling Rampage show they had in Galway with Heidenreich, Test, Sandman etc?

This one? There's a thread on this show, not sure if it's the one your after though -

awrrecaplo1.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203742

cheers; think that's it! Not much info on it; i only have a few memories of the event. Was a lot of fun even if most of it was provided by ourselves :P

tdv123 wrote: »
    Back in the 80's & early 90's there was no live weekly WWE show or any wrestling show for that matter.

My question is would wrestlers have been putting in more hours back then with taped shows or would they have more to do now with 2 live shows or whatever it is a week?

If you have ever read any wrestlers books, like Foley, Jericho or Bret Hart, it seems that the work load was just as high back then. There would be a week(end) put aside for TV tapings, where they would do a months TV there and then. The rest of the time they were travelling doing house shows.

This was the same for the territory days and early WWF/WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

tdv123 wrote: »

here is a list of number of matches that wrestlers worked in wwf/e, as you can see guys like bret hart and randy savage worked more matches back in the day than the likes of cena, orton do these days

1980-2009summary.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Charisteas wrote: »
    A bit of research, although not very reliable, says that 4 people have kicked out of the Hogan Legdrop (Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Yokozuna, The Rock)

add sid at wm8 to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sorry, didn't know where to put this, and I would love an answer.

Is it possible to order The Royal Rumble, if you don't have sky? My mate has UPC, we were going to watch it in his for convenience, but is it even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Oh yeah, I use to have UPC and ordered evey PVV that Sky Box Office showed. There are two PPV channels on UPC near the end of the channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Yeah be careful though. Ring twice to make sure it was properly ordered. I set my alarm and ordered food for 1am Summerslan before after ringing to order it, only to find out when I turned over to the channel that it wasnt done. :(

Yeah be careful though. Ring twice to make sure it was properly ordered. I set my alarm and ordered food for 1am Summerslan before after ringing to order it, only to find out when I turned over to the channel that it wasnt done. :(

Sadly this happened to me as well more than once. Definitely, i generally ring the day of the event to be sure to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What's Raven at these days lads? I read on Wikipedia that he's done in TNA. Has he any plans to return to wrestling?

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    What's Raven at these days lads? I read on Wikipedia that he's done in TNA. Has he any plans to return to wrestling?

He's in TNA right now, working under the name "Matt Hardy" :pac:

Really though he had a short stint in TNA with the ECW/EV2.0 gimmick late last year, but he was working under a per-appearance deal. He just does autograph sessions, indy shows and hard drugs these days :p

When was the last time Hulk Hogan wrestled in Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People with subscriptions to FSM; do you find it seems to take ages for them to arrive in the post? I subscribed back in Sep cause it was easier than going into town to get it. But it seems to take ages for it to arrive. Noticed in town last week that a new issue is out (Orton on the front) and still no sign of it in the post :/

• Advertisement

I gave up my sub because of it. Never got it within a week of it going on sale. Once I even got an August issue before the July one. I emailed them constantly and they said it is due to international postage, which is a bull**** answer.

Advertisement