Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was Gorgeous George a heel his entire career?

Fairly sure the Iron Sheik was a heel his whole career.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I believe Kofi Kingston has been a face his entire career. And I think the only time Evan Bourne played a heel was when he was in Wrestling Society X. He was NOT good. Kelly Kelly was always a face for her six years in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: How far in advance are the various WWE bouts scheduled?

Now I'd imagine something like the headline at Wrestlemania is probably known a year in advance. Likewise story arcs are probably precisely timed and scheduled out over a particular timeline in order to peak at various PPVs.

However, say the match that's going on right now "Kane v Ambrose on RAW". How soon will do these two guys actually know that on 10/6/2013 they're going to be on tv vs each other?

(my question goes doubly so for those 'ad-hoc' matches that are made to appear like they were just made up right then by Vicki Guerrero etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: How far in advance are the various WWE bouts scheduled?

Now I'd imagine something like the headline at Wrestlemania is probably known a year in advance. Likewise story arcs are probably precisely timed and scheduled out over a particular timeline in order to peak at various PPVs.

However, say the match that's going on right now "Kane v Ambrose on RAW". How soon will do these two guys actually know that on 10/9/2013 they're going to be on tv vs each other?

(my question goes doubly so for those 'ad-hoc' matches that are made to appear like they were just made up right then by Vicki Guerrero etc)
    PPV to PPV at best. Raw depends on the mood of Vince. Often it gets re-written several times on the day. Only the major feuds main matches are planned in advance (Cena vs Rock, Lesnar vs Triple H etc) everything else changes depending on Vince's mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I believe Kofi Kingston has been a face his entire career. And I think the only time Evan Bourne played a heel was when he was in Wrestling Society X. He was NOT good. Kelly Kelly was always a face for her six years in WWE

Evan Bourne is a good heel IMO. Was just starting to hit his stride as a talented douchey heel with an eminently punchable face when he was signed by WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: During the lumberjack segment at the end of this weeks RAW there was an amp in one of the corners of the ring. Why was it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Think it's as simple as so the guy in the ring can hear what's being said easier during promos and when someone is on the tron. The same way musicians have monitors at the front of the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Where's Rey Mysterio gone, and is he coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Where's Rey Mysterio gone, and is he coming back?
    Yet another knee injury. Think he is still a few months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

His knee's must be in an atrocious state. Really no reason for him to stay on at this stage.

Hopefully he get a swan song and hits the road.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yet another knee injury. Think he is still a few months away.

Yeah his return has been pushed back to mid-August only very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

Just came across Ricky Steamboat vs Chris Jericho from 2009, anyone know how this match came about?

Just came across Ricky Steamboat vs Chris Jericho from 2009, anyone know how this match came about?

Storyline or in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Curtis Axel brought up and the Wyatt Family on their way, is there any word on who will be next to be brought up to the main roster from NXT?
    Do you think they keep guys like Ohno there just to have guys like Ohno there?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With Curtis Axel brought up and the Wyatt Family on their way, is there any word on who will be next to be brought up to the main roster from NXT?

If I was betting man I would guess Paige. As she turns 21 mid August and always is the conversation in terms the hottest prospects.

WWE are very much against calling up people under the age of 21 to the main roster thanks to the implosion of people like Kenny Dykstra when they hit the road and got a taste of stardom. Also age 21 in a lot of US States is like 18 over here in terms buying alcohol and renting a car.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you think they keep guys like Ohno there just to have guys like Ohno there?

To me the thing about Ohno is that going by his work in developmental and his look ONLY would you be hot on him? He may done interesting things on the indies. But he is showing nothing special on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    To me the thing about Ohno is that going by his work in developmental and his look ONLY would you be hot on him? He may done interesting things on the indies. But he is showing nothing special ON NXT.

Agree totally about Ohno, totally underwhelming so far. Conor O'Brian seems to he featured on every show, I really hope he's not called up. Hes like an even duller Luther Reigns.

Maybe Corey Graves is next? Hes got a really unique look, and can talk.

Yeah Ohno doesn't look too impressive, though he does kind of remind me of James Storm. Conor O'Brian always makes me think of Mordecai/Kevin Thorn.

I think if they brought Corey up, he could go either way. They may just bring him up to get a bit of a push before becoming a jobber or they bring him up as an IC/US title competitor.

Who would be in developmental the longest actually?

Bo Dallas has been there the longest. He was signed when FCW was in its early days in 2008. Bray Wyatt and Richie Steamboat are the second longest, having been there since 2009. For the Divas, Summer Rae has been there the longest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

At least Ohno could come up to the roster with a gimmick or angle and be a quality addition.

O'Brien, Dallas and Leo Kruger are just terrible. can't see Ritchie Steamboat ever doing anything either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

WWE are very much against calling up people under the age of 21 to the main roster thanks to the implosion of people like Kenny Dykstra when they hit the road and got a taste of stardom. Also age 21 in a lot of US States is like 18 over here in terms buying alcohol and renting a car.

What happened with Kenny Dykstra? I remember the Spirit Squad stuff and he seemed to be the one they were pushing out of that, but I was only drifting in and out of watching at the time, did he just have a meltdown from getting into the road lifestyle too early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

orestes wrote: »
    What happened with Kenny Dykstra? I remember the Spirit Squad stuff and he seemed to be the one they were pushing out of that, but I was only drifting in and out of watching at the time, did he just have a meltdown from getting into the road lifestyle too early?

John Cena got a Five Knuckle shuffle from Mickie James allegedly. She was dating Kenny at the time. Kenny vs Cena, who are the company gonna back?

Omackeral wrote: »
    John Cena got a Five Knuckle shuffle from Mickie James allegedly. She was dating Kenny at the time. Kenny vs Cena, who are the company gonna back?

That's true but before all that he was a worse version of Randy Orton.

Randy and Kenny were buddies and essentially egged each other on in terms of being arseholes and living the nightclub life.

Kenny allegedly developed a significant problem with cocaine and other drugs.

At one stage they had the same level of plans for Kenny as they did Randy but Kenny didn't have Orton's connections. I believe Kenny debuted on the main roster at 19.

Kelly Kelly had a rough go of it don't really know specifics but I don't think it was anything in the same league as Kenny. But she is always cited as an example. I think she just liked going to nightclubs like anyone her age (19). Dirty auld Batista said he ended his relationship as she was too immature for him in a radio interview.

Batista is apparently not aware of what happens when you date a girl half your age. Funny how he has a problem with excessive clubbing but sticking up nude pictures of your ex all over the backstage area is the height of maturity in his eyes. I'm sure the infamous picture of her peeing in the sink doesn't need any mention.

Now WWE has developmental in Florida where they can get clubbing out of their system and a DUI is a right of passage:
    Bo-Rotundo-240x300.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Batista is apparently not aware of what happens when you date a girl half your age. Funny how he has a problem with excessive clubbing but sticking up nude pictures of your ex all over the backstage area is the height of maturity in his eyes. I'm sure the infamous picture of her peeing in the sink doesn't need any mention.

Eh what now? :confused:

Loughc wrote: »
    Eh what now? :confused:

Thanks. Thought I was the only one who thought it did actually need a mention. Don't remember hearing of it or any of the other photos

Jaysus lads honestly thought every fan on the internet has seen this at this stage:
    http://www.wrestlescoop.com/rare_wwe_photos/smalls/kellypissing.jpg

For shame :p

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Jaysus lads honestly thought every fan on the internet has seen this at this stage:
    http://www.wrestlescoop.com/rare_wwe_photos/smalls/kellypissing.jpg

For shame :p

And what's that got to do with wrestling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I watched NXT last night for the first time this year. Big E. looked surprisingly good on there, much better than anything he has done with Dolph/AJ. Wish he would bin that Jamaican one piece and get a haircut though.

Bo Dallas absolutely SUCKS! Way too ugly to be a babyface too.

For the millionth time, they are never going to make big stars by giving them such stupid names!! They seem to be sticking with the developmental names too which I cannot believe. Corey Graves? Conor O Brian? Actually makes it difficult to take these guys seriously.

Husky Harris was a cool name btw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

How certain can we be that it's actually a number one?

Have we had the Hardy Boys investigate the case of the dookie in the WWE sink.

I'd say Jeff has a raging clue.

(South Park reference. Just in cause it goes over a few heads)

Advertisement