Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »
    That's true but before all that he was a worse version of Randy Orton.

Randy and Kenny were buddies and essentially egged each other on in terms of being arseholes and living the nightclub life.

Kenny allegedly developed a significant problem with cocaine and other drugs.

At one stage they had the same level of plans for Kenny as they did Randy but Kenny didn't have Orton's connections. I believe Kenny debuted on the main roster at 19.

I had no idea Randy and Ken were that tight. Is this why they had Kenny looking to become part of Rated RKO (albeit for fleeting storyline purposes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was watching a Botchamania last nite and they showed footage of a Diesel vs Bulldog match that looked quite bad. He said it was so bad Vince threw down his headset afterwards and chewed out Nash at ringside in front of the audience. Bret Hart beat Diesel one month later for the WWF title. Are all these sequence of events true or did he take the belt off Nash for another reason?

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was watching a Botchamania last nite and they showed footage of a Diesel vs Bulldog match that looked quite bad. He said it was so bad Vince threw down his headset afterwards and chewed out Nash at ringside in front of the audience. Bret Hart beat Diesel one month later for the WWF title. Are all these sequence of events true or did he take the belt off Nash for another reason?

Nash was the worst drawing WWF champion of all time at that point. Business was in the toilet. Needed to go with someone who was a proven draw, and Bret was one world wide. Plus Nash had the strap over a year, was time to freshen up regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »

That In Your House was one of the worst PPVs ever and all the following from what was written in the Wrestling Observer at the time:
    Just as the cameras faded to black signifying the end of the In Your House PPV show on 10/22 in Winnipeg, a disgusted Vince McMahon threw down his glasses and his headset and said the words, 'horrible' as he started to walk to the back with Jim Ross while a pull-apart brawl with Bret Hart and Diesel was still going on in the ring. Seconds later, as the brawl ended, Diesel, the person McMahon had planned to build the company around one year earlier, was being booed out of the building, yet another in the long line of failed experiments in his quest to find the new Hulk Hogan. The virtually unanimous crowd reaction to Diesel after yet another unimpressive main event match seems to make it only logical that Bret Hart is destined to have a career similar to the man who his being compared with results in outbursts -- Ric Flair. Like Flair, Hart is the man picked to pick up the pieces time-after-time when experiments of creating new world champions that will be the next big thing in wrestling end up with declining box office figures.

For McMahon, the crowd reaction was the crowning jewel of a two week period that he'd most likely love to take back. It was a two-week period that saw injuries to two of his key performers, the quitting of his top assistant, his babyface singles and tag champions being heavily booed after post-matches that weren't designed to elicit such responses, poor house show business at every stop, the debut of a character being groomed for the top echleon falling flat, and among the worst matches and worst overall PPV shows in company history.

Bulldog-Diesel wasn't a botchfest or trainwreck. Just really, really boring.

Bret Hart won the title back from Diesel a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Is there anywhere I can get a list of WWE title matches (ie not every match a particular champ had, just the ones where he was defending a title)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Regarding the finish to the IC title match at Payback, should it not have been a double pin?
    You often see the ref starting a 3 count when the opponent's shoulders are down during a figure 4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kolido wrote: »
    Regarding the finish to the IC title match at Payback, should it not have been a double pin?
    You often see the ref starting a 3 count when the opponent's shoulders are down during a figure 4

I think it was noted somewhere that Miz started to release the hold at the 2 count when he realised what Axel was doing, so Miz's pin attempt was broken but Axel's remained. It was actually quite clever in how it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Kolido wrote: »

Yeah funny you should mention that cos I noticed that too.

Penn wrote: »
    I think it was noted somewhere that Miz started to release the hold at the 2 count when he realised what Axel was doing, so Miz's pin attempt was broken but Axel's remained. It was actually quite clever in how it was done.

So Miz screwed Miz?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought the same but then there were 2 possible reasons I thought why it wasn't the case. First, a double pinfall usually involves 2 refs which didn't happen. And second, this is WWE where they change rules when they suit such as having count outs in a no DQ match or having a DQ in a tag match due to interference from the illegal man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Omackeral wrote: »
    So Miz screwed Miz?!

Accidentally, but yeah. If he hadn't released the hold to try and break up Axel's pin attempt, they might have both been IC Champion like Y2J and Chyna back in early 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Was just reading through some old observer's from 1995 and saw Meltzer's review of the weekly pro show and the ratings he gave,found it on daliymotion and the video and sound quality is not good is there anywhere that i can get it with decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is matt hardy as rich as he is saying on his latest vids on youtube

cena wrote: »
    Is matt hardy as rich as he is saying on his latest vids on youtube

Yes. Hardys were a very, very hot act in WWE's best years and sold a mother tonne of merch. Neither spent THAT big either. Before his public meltdown Matt was known as really business savy and an organiser from running a relatively successful indy company in his teens to handling the business part of The Hardy Boyz. Even his worst years in WWE he was used on most TVs and house shows and benefited from very devoted fanbase.

It IS Wrestling and he is cutting heel promos. But there is a lot more truth than fiction to Matt's wealth. He does own that Mansion in his videos and your Meltzer types acknowledge he is wealthly enough he never has to wrestle again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

How wealthy is he claiming to be? Not many people in wrestling that annoy me more than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who was the last unadvertised(as in no promo) debut that answered an open challenge and went on to be successful? I remember cena answering angle's Olympic gold medal challenge and we know where he is now. Anyone since then?

Santino Marella. He answered an open challenge 'from the crowd' in Milan back in 2007 to defeat Umaga for the IC Title. Whether or not you wanna call him a success or not is up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Taylor Wilde did it in TNA. She was successful until she left and retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Has anyone ever played total extreme wrestling? If so is it worth it to get? Was avbig fan of extreme warfare revenge till it got stale....can you update the roster in it to include real wrestlers? Also does anyone know the price, it fails to mention it on the website....thanks

Sirsok wrote: »
    Has anyone ever played total extreme wrestling? If so is it worth it to get? Was avbig fan of extreme warfare revenge till it got stale....can you update the roster in it to include real wrestlers? Also does anyone know the price, it fails to mention it on the website....thanks

Legally they can't sell the game with the names and likenesses of real world stars so the game comes out of the box so to speak with a fantasy universe.

On their forum though you can download mods from like 1985, 1993, 1997, 2001 to the current day:
    http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

It is $35:
    http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2013/index.php?page=purchase

• Advertisement

The 2005 version is free and is updated monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

rovert wrote: »
    Legally they can't sell the game with the names and likenesses of real world stars so the game comes out of the box so to speak with a fantasy universe.

On their forum though you can download mods from like 1985, 1993, 1997, 2001 to the current day:
    http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

It is $35:'
    http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2013/index.php?page=purchase

Much obliged,is the game worth getting?have you any experience with?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Much obliged,is the game worth getting?have you any experience with?

Played pretty much every iteration of the game. You likely get a good kick out of it and it is recommended. What you get out of it in the long run is up to you really: your imagination, addictive nature, organisation, persistence and what mod & promotion you use.

The main feature with new version is the auto booker feature wherein if you have time left on your TV show after booking all your storylines the company will automatically generate a match(es) to fill the alotted TV time.

The main issues with the current version:
    Are that Wrestlers HATE being in developmental and will email you every week giving out even they are a 18 year old rookie.

Older versions of the game had a feature that let you dump out all the stats of your roster. So being the Excel geek that I am I could put together the most optimal roster possible through analysing the data set.

Any problems with the game shoot me a PM or start a thread.

My current game is a present day WWE mod starting in January 2013. Jobbed out a load of wrestlers to make room for developmental guy and then did a brand spilt the week after Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who was the last unadvertised(as in no promo) debut that answered an open challenge and went on to be successful? I remember cena answering angle's Olympic gold medal challenge and we know where he is now. Anyone since then?

Not exactly the same but in Angle's first appearance he responded to a challenge from Tiger Ali Singh in March 99 (not for a match though although things did get physical as far as I remember). However he didn't appear again until much later in the same year

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

santino was "chosen" as a challenger by Vince - and beat Umaga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Does any one know where i can watch House of Harcore? Its tommy dreamers new Promotion, and i would just like to watch the last PPW from a couple of nights ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Does any one know where i can watch House of Harcore? Its tommy dreamers new Promotion, and i would just like to watch the last PPW from a couple of nights ago.

http://www.rfvideonow.com/houseofhardcore/

bigron2109 wrote: »
    It'll be on Dailymotion.

Does anyone have any info on whether Kharma/Awesome Kong will come back to WWE again or what terms she's on with them? She got one of the most hyped debuts ever with vignettes and an angle but never even had an official match bar one Royal Rumble appearance (bashing Cole!)

• Advertisement

Cant see her back any time soon. She's hardly even wrestled since.

Cue her returning next week like when I wrote off Abyss returning :pac:

Advertisement