Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Granite worktop or solid wood??

• 09-03-2010 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

A builder friend of mine was chatting to me today,and he said that granite work tops are niow cheaper to buy and install than solid wood work tops.

Is this true,and where is a good place to get granite kitchen work tops?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clarelassie

Hiya,

Granite worked out at much the same price as the solid wood when we were pricing them before Christmas - that, with the fact its a lot less maintenance sold us. Sorry - don't know where in Leinster to recommend - I found that some of the stove and fireplaces sold the granite as well as the kitchen places ( who always have a mark up).

Also do price around - I was recommended one place in Limerick that came in right at my budget, but then priced a place in Ennis and they were over 1k cheaper and willing to throw in some bits free to have the business!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 scruttox

Granite is pourous believe it or not. Suceptible (?) to staining. Quartz isnt and much better, slightly cheaper.

Solid wood needs sanding / oiling general care over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

This will sound as odd as two left feet, but, a funeral directors would be one place where you could get a granite worktop. I only found this out myself recently from a funeral director friend!

Advertisement