Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3 (Pre-Release)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

@calex: Just listened to that Deftones song there, actually do know it, as Shove It as opposed to My Own Summer though, from my very brief flirtation with Deftones back in the day (em, 2005).

Still though: Talking Heads ftw! Also, Light My Fire is going to be a great freebie. This is how you should reward day one purchases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

@calex: Just listened to that Deftones song there, actually do know it, as Shove It as opposed to My Own Summer though, from my very brief flirtation with Deftones back in the day (em, 2005).

Still though: Talking Heads ftw! Also, Light My Fire is going to be a great freebie. This is how you should reward day one purchases!

The crack of the drums at the start gets me every time on that Deftones track.

They are gems of songs , would have even been worth paying for especially light my fire.

I "suspect" more freebies in the vein of RB2's 20 mostly unknown songs based on the achievements

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Those 20 downloaded songs were mostly awful from RB2. I don't think there was even one that I liked. Anyone seen an export option in the RB2 menu yet? Twas about 2 weeks before RB2 that they put it in RB1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Those 20 downloaded songs were mostly awful from RB2. I don't think there was even one that I liked. Anyone seen an export option in the RB2 menu yet? Twas about 2 weeks before RB2 that they put it in RB1.

I'm hoping it'll be soon, was planning on spending some xbox points on it in order to get 800 back. (spend 2400 in October and get 800 back next month)
    Based on the below, 800 points for the export sounds possible (though more likely 1200!)

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123827p1.html
    IGN: How will Rock Band 2 work?

DeGooyer: Rock Band 2 into Rock Band 3 will be very similar to the export function for Rock Band into Rock Band 2. There are more songs in Rock Band 2, so the key will be a little bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

D4RK ONION wrote: »

It was worth for Between The Buried and Me - Prequel to the sequel, even if the end of the song was cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

who's going to have the guitar and when? :(

Adam wrote: »
    who's going to have the guitar and when? :(

Pre-Ordered the Game / KB the other day they couldn't tell me if came as a bundle or separate (HMV) Asked them to check price on guitar and pro drums, said they weren't on the system :eek: Would have expected HMV of all places to have them.

Has anyone spotted any decent prices online for the game + pro keyboard? Annoyingly the keyboard + game bundle isn't showing up on gamestracker, so I've had to resort to scouring all of the usual sites...
    Play seem to be the best I've found so far at £99.99

I would love to get my mitts on the 3 HMV bonus tracks, but that would end up costing me an extra £10 as they don't seem to be doing any kind of bundle (at least online) Guess they'll become available as paid for DLC in the near future (just imagine Blue Monday on the keys!!!!)

/edit
    Feck it, just went ahead and pre-ordered with Play! (I'm in the UK so will actually have it close to release date)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Went into Gamestop earlier to check for prices myself and I was suprised to find that they are selling the keys for €70 seperate.
    Pretty decent price considering that they are £70 in the U.K.

So with the game for the two seperately, the cheapest you'll get them for is €115.
    It sucks that there is no saving in getting the bundle over the two seperately at retail.

Shopto.net have the best price for the bundle online ;95 but they're looking for £28 for shipping to Ireland due to being couriered.:(

Cheers, just cancelled my order with play and placed it with Shopto to save a fiver
    The last game I pre-ordered with them arrived a day before release (I'm UK based), so fingers crossed this is waiting for me after work on Thursday:)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if any shops will be selling the mustang over here and what price it will be?

Does anyone know if any shops will be selling the mustang over here and what price it will be?

I think Game are getting it in. It is going to be sold at €150, and is out on the 5th of November

I think Game are getting it in. It is going to be sold at €150, and is out on the 5th of November

So not worth it so , better off holding our for either a price drop or spending a bit more when the squire is released, much better value for your €

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

calex71 wrote: »
    So not worth it so , better off holding our for either a price drop or spending a bit more when the squire is released, much better value for your €

I agree. Using the Squire will make for a more versatile, authentic experience. It's stupidly expensive if you're just using it for RB3, but kinda worth the money if you use it as a real guitar.

calex71 wrote: »

True if you don't already have a decent guitar. I'm going to pick up the mustang after Christmas myself as I want to muck around with some synth software and I already have an Ibanez Iceman that cost me the better part of a grand so I have no need for a Squier strat.

I'm not a fan of Squiers anyway, the lower Squier models tend to have poor electrics and are prone to rusting:(. Pretty decent guitars for starting out on but are blown away by the Yamaha Pacifica 112 that used to be in Argos for similar money.

Still well worth getting the Squier if you want to learn the guitar and want to play pro mode in RB3. The training lessons for the pro modes from what I can see are pretty comprehensive.

I already have an Ibanez Iceman that cost me the better part of a grand so I have no need for a Squier strat.

lmfao that would be one hell of a step down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

It would be fantastic if some enterprising 3rd party produced a device that could be attached as an extra set of pick-ups for your guitar. It would pick up each string's vibrational frequency, so it could tell which frets you're holding down whenever you strum a string (provided your guitar was in tune). It wouldn't give Rock Band enough information to constantly display the hand position wave, but it would give the game any information needed while you're strumming... which would surely be the crucial part? I really hope something like that might be possible, it'd be a cheap and very welcome alternative for those who already have guitars.

Ah well, sure maybe I'll eventually save up enough for the Squier. Hmm. :p I'm getting ridiculously excited about Rock Band 3 anyway, can't wait!

It would be fantastic if some enterprising 3rd party produced a device that could be attached as an extra set of pick-ups for your guitar. It would pick up each string's vibrational frequency, so it could tell which frets you're holding down whenever you strum a string (provided your guitar was in tune). It wouldn't give Rock Band enough information to constantly display the hand position wave, but it would give the game any information needed while you're strumming... which would surely be the crucial part? I really hope something like that might be possible, it'd be a cheap and very welcome alternative for those who already have guitars.

Ah well, sure maybe I'll eventually save up enough for the Squier. Hmm. :p I'm getting ridiculously excited about Rock Band 3 anyway, can't wait!

Most sane people would call it a midi pickup ...... not harmonix though they call that a get out of jail free card while passing 'go' and not paying the €250 bribe to the warden on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've been thinking a lot about pro guitar and I think I'm going to get the Mustang if I can get my hands on it for about €70. I can't justify another real guitar, and the squire strat isn't going to replace my existing guitars. Hence, whichever one I purchased would only be used as a game controller. So ya, once the price is right, it's Mustang time.

Should we set up a thread with pricing and (fingers crossed) potential early selling? Pricing would be useful anyway?

Edit to include this. IGN seem to be missing the point entirely.
    IGN wrote:
    But, ultimately, the Pro Guitar is kind of dumb. If you're going to pay this much for a fake guitar with buttons that make it hard to slide your fingers on, why not spend a little more and buy the real thing? You're just upgrading from one guitar with plastic buttons to another guitar with way more plastic buttons.

A full-stringed guitar is in the works but won't be available at launch. Though Pro Guitar totally changes how you play Rock Band 3, and is brilliant in its implementation, buying it isn't going to get you groupies (why else would you learn guitar?). Get the real deal at this point. Stop living your rock fantasies through cheap plastic toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Rock Band 2 export news and I'm afraid its not good news.
    70 of the 83 songs export, the ones missing out are AC/DC, RHCP, Soundgarden, Journey & all the HMX bands.

Full list:
    Abnormality - Visions
    AC/DC - Let there Be Rock
    Anarchy Club - Get Clean
    Bang Camaro - Night Lies
    Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow
    Journey - Any Way You Want It
    Libyans - Welcome to the Neighborhood
    The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    Metallica - Battery
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away
    Soundgarden - Spoonman
    Speck - Conventional Lover
    The Sterns - Supreme Girl
    That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

From RB1, Dani California and Black Hole Sun are also missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

ongarite wrote: »
    Rock Band 2 export news and I'm afraid its not good news.
    70 of the 83 songs export, the ones missing out are AC/DC, RHCP, Soundgarden, Journey & all the HMX bands.

Full list:
    Abnormality - Visions
    AC/DC - Let there Be Rock
    Anarchy Club - Get Clean
    Bang Camaro - Night Lies
    Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow
    Libyans - Welcome to the Neighborhood
    The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    Metallica - Battery
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away
    Soundgarden - Spoonman
    Speck - Conventional Lover
    The Sterns - Supreme Girl
    That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

:( News so bad it had to be included twice. This is very disappointing. :(:(:(

The HMX stuff is coming as free DLC, so no fear there. Still, no Journey is horrid.

:confused:

I already have these exported from RB1, that can't be right unless they are going to make us pay and export again for rb3:confused:

Visions gone hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news for Bang Camero though, wonder why that was, they are one of the more active and most supportive bands on RBN every time they release something new they pimp it out big time on facebook etc.

Ooooooooo the plot thickens, some sites are suggesting the the exclusion of the chili peppers songs from the exports has inadvertently confirmed GH:RHCP :mad:

Soundgarden makes sense now given that, as they had a best of track pack which includes the songs being removed from the RB exports :mad:

Remember when metallica didn't get exported from RB1 ;)

Edit: More info the RB2 export costs $9.99 US so about 800MS i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I'm surprised so many songs are missing from the RB2 export compared to RB1 but tbh I won't be heartbroken over most of them. Journey is a big loss though I reckon it'll eventually turn up as dlc retro-fitted with keys. I'm annoyed/disappointed that some of the RB1 exported songs are being blocked in RB3. It feels like they're blocking access to something you've already paid for but Harmonix must have only licenced them for use in RB2.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That is a bit disappointing alright, but I'll live.

In other news, IGN are idiots, and RB3 is out in America today! I may rename this thread Pre-Release RB3, and start a new one when it finally comes out over here, just to start fresh and make it easier for new people to come in.

As for starting a thread about places selling stuff, please feel free to! I'm all for new threads, so please go mad everyone :D

Greyjoy wrote: »
    It feels like they're blocking access to something you've already paid for but Harmonix must have only licenced them for use in RB2.

Never thought of that, could likely be how they will remove those songs for people who already exported them from RB1

I hope we find out soon how we are going to export RB2 for RB3. On the 360 in the US you use the 16 digit code off the RB2 manual, but the code on the RB2 manual here is a standard 25 digit xbl code.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I can live without the rest, but this really annoys me. My favourite song from RB2 won't be in RB3...:(

I'd pay full price for it as DLC!

I hope we find out soon how we are going to export RB2 for RB3. On the 360 in the US you use the 16 digit code off the RB2 manual, but the code on the RB2 manual here is a standard 25 digit xbl code.:confused:

You need to enter it in redeem code, so I can't understand how a 16 character code would work in the first place... 25 sounds about right to me! (any code that I've ever entered on XBL has been 5 sets of 5 characters)

I guess my RB2 rental is pretty much useless now anyway:p
    Will most likely buy it when I exhaust the RB1 and RB3 songs (should have dropped in price massively by then!)

• Advertisement

Export process explained here, http://www.rockbandaide.com/9308/rock-band-2-export-details/

In short we'll have to wait we have 25 digit codes that where used to download the 20 free songs for RB2 the us editions had 16 digit codes.

The export is a download unlike the disc export from RB1 so that rental was a a waste you'll likely need the code from the manual and ea will issue a new one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement