Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3 (Pre-Release)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'd love to get Fable III next week, even Fallout: New Vegas this Friday - I'll get both around Christmas I reckon. But no, I'm getting RB3 and the keyboard. That is all I'll need for the foreseeable future in gaming. My backlog is ridiculous tbh (still haven't finished Dead Space, among many others).

Calex, as for the videos you linked, a number of retailers in the states have sold it early, there are even unboxing pics/vids floating about. Might be a legit copy.

I wonder if there will be a menu to track your achievement progress like in TB:RB. That would be nice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I'll pick up Vanquish on Friday, but yes my gaming budget in the notoriously heavy pre-Christmas lineup is certainly mostly being dedicated to RB3 + keyboard :)

So very excited!

@calex: of the three songs in the HMV bonus pack, My Own Summer is the one I haven't heard of (not a big Deftones fan!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

@calex: of the three songs in the HMV bonus pack, My Own Summer is the one I haven't heard of (not a big Deftones fan!) :pac:

For shame :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any price on the Game+Keyboard yet? I'm tempted.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

HMV
    Keys- 79.99
    Game- 44.99 on the day of release.

That seems to be the best price at the moment :)

• Advertisement

You know what going to happen right?

Everyone will get keys and want to play it so no one will get multiplayer games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    HMV
    Keys- 79.99

Maybe I'm not being critical enough, but this seems a reasonable enough price. The keys are good quality and they double as a Pro instrument.

I wonder if Warriors of Rock's poor sales have affected their pricing plan at all? Or are they aware of how many of us have abandoned the GH series and are just waiting for RB3?!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Can't wait for 3 to come out. I was following it's release very keenly for a while until another forum I frequent closed that thread.

I really want to play keys but I have no money at all. I have my own keyboard, but it is USB as opposed to a midi so I don't think the RB3 converter will work on it... Any ideas? :p

Also, D4RK ONION, twas damn awesome to find another RB fanboy at Eirtakon :3

The input on the RB adapter is the standard midi one, and would allow connecting the midi (non rockband) keyboard wirelessly. I was thinking hey if your one is USB good as the xbox has USB so should work.

Then when thought about it I realised how would you navigate the menu's in game :( Thats really what the adapter does (as well as other things)
    rockband22.jpg

There are usb to midi cables out there though I have no idea how much or where to source one.

I say for giggles try connecting with USB to the xobx 1st on the of chance they allow you to use the controller like you would with a mic. Thats very unlikely to work but costs nothing to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

calex71 wrote: »
    The input on the RB adapter is the standard midi one, and would allow connecting the midi (non rockband) keyboard wirelessly. I was thinking hey if your one is USB good as the xbox has USB so should work.

Then when thought about it I realised how would you navigate the menu's in game :( Thats really what the adapter does (as well as other things)
    rockband22.jpg

There are usb to midi cables out there though I have no idea how much or where to source one.

I say for giggles try connecting with USB to the xobx 1st on the of chance they allow you to use the controller like you would with a mic. Thats very unlikely to work but costs nothing to try.

Really need that adapter for my edrums but I have no idea when exactly it's out or how I'll get it since I doubt anywhere will sell it here. :( Probably through the internet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm still hoping HMV will be stocking the keyboard and game bundle - it would have to be cheaper than the 125 for the two separately for it not to be completely redundant, so even a fiver or tenner less would be very welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Great video about pro guitar here. Well worth checking out to make you wish the game was out now and came with a free pro guitar controller!! :D

The game leaked early as they do, and I've been looking at videos of the different songs all day. Caught in a Mosh looks impossible on drums, just as expected, and Jerry Was a Race Car Driver looks like lots of challenging fun of bass. Smoke on the Water, Bohemian Rhapsody, Free Bird... just so many bloody great songs. Can't wait to get my hands on it next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Great video about pro guitar here. Well worth checking out to make you wish the game was out now and came with a free pro guitar controller!! :D
    want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Alright lads, does anyone know anywhere in Ireland that will be selling the RB3 drums? Or does anyone know if amazon will ship here?

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver looks like lots of challenging fun of bass.

Love Primus, no pro chart up for it yet but the expert one looks pretty fun.

Les Claypool is a big hero of mine what he can't do with a bass just ain't worth doing :pac:

Edit: A free and legit Primus E.P here http://www.primusville.com/free-ep.html for those interested

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Alright lads, does anyone know anywhere in Ireland that will be selling the RB3 drums? Or does anyone know if amazon will ship here?

I bought The Beatles set off of amazon so they should ship the RB 3 drums to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Pre-ordered RB3 in hmv earlier today. Forgot to ask about the pre-order bonus songs. Anyone know what the procedure will be? The uk site says the code will be emailed week of launch but they didn't take my email details in the store.

It's probably a scratch card with a code on, online orders receive by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Aaaaaaaaaand for anyone who is wondering - the songs HMV are including if you pre-order RB3 are:

Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
    My Own Summer - Deftones
    Blue Monday - New Order

• Advertisement

Hotaru wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaand for anyone who is wondering - the songs HMV are including if you pre-order RB3 are:

Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
    My Own Summer - Deftones
    Blue Monday - New Order

Think I'll pass on that preorder then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Hope Blue Monday will be available to buy eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Joystiq review

- "To put it less mathematically: Rock Band 3 is the greatest rhythm game ever made, and quite possibly the only rhythm game you need to own."

Video games -- not just rhythm games, but all video games -- rarely show this much ambition. Even more rare are occasions where developers manage to fulfill the impossibly lofty goals they set before themselves. Rock Band 3 manages both with ease, backing up brilliant ideas with flawless execution. It raises the bar so exceptionally high that, once again, it's just about impossible to see where the rhythm genre is going to go from here.

Though I bet Harmonix has some pretty good ideas.

I nearly cried tears of joy. Harmonix... I LOVE YOU. :D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Joystiq review

- "To put it less mathematically: Rock Band 3 is the greatest rhythm game ever made, and quite possibly the only rhythm game you need to own."

Disappointing. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock it is then.

t1gb4klq3.jpg

Disappointing. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock it is then.

Have you seen the price in Smyths ? SLashed to clear from the look of it 25 for the game on its own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Joystiq review: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/22/rock-band-3-review/

No surprise there then! :)

edit: whoops! didn't notice it was posted above!

calex71 wrote: »
    Have you seen the price in Smyths ? SLashed to clear from the look of it 25 for the game on its own :D

According to Wiki, it only sold 83,000 copies in the first five days :/ Which tbh is pretty much nothing in the general scheme of computer game sales!

Harmonix claimed the crown long ago. They understand what people want from music games: different experiences of different players (whether for fun, for high scores, or now for people who actually want to learn instruments). Whoever is behind GH these days (is it still Neversoft?) just seems to want to throw in as many heavy metal solos as possible. That's all well and good, but when I see a GH setlist I don't recognise most of the songs, and the ones I do I have no interest in; whereas with RB I always giggle manically when I see the latest amazing set of songs they have for us :)

Anyway, 1 week. So excited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I was giddy with excitement for this game since E3 until i found out a few days ago that the fender guitar wont be here until next year and even the midi adapter for my midi keyboard wont be out until next late month.

Considering getting a big midi drumset soon. Anyone have one or know the best place to look?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement