Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boke repair in Laois

Options
  • 09-03-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for somewhere in Portarlington/Portlaoise to get a push bike fixed.......

Any help would be great, i can't run for 4 to 6 weeks and the bike will be my main way to keep fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

There's a bike shop on railway street in Portlaoise, its near the dole office. Or you could go to Halfords in Portlaoise, they fix bikes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Bodhan wrote: »
    There's a bike shop on railway street in Portlaoise, its near the dole office. Or you could go to Halfords in Portlaoise, they fix bikes too.

Def recommend kavanaghs (the one on railway street)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Ah Spokes. I love the way he puts every bike out every morning and back in again that night. some of them must date back 30 years. Always has a savage warm fire in winter and a time for an auld yarn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

i think the boke:D was bought in halfords, but i'm wondering if its a proper person fixing them or just a random bolke that works there.

• Advertisement

i think the boke:D was bought in halfords, but i'm wondering if its a proper person fixing them or just a random bolke that works there.
    No think it has to be someone that knows what there doing.I would try the naas one though because they seem to know more about bikes.give them a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Another vote for Michael Kavanagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Dunno about Halfords staff but If it wss my bike, and it has been in the past needs fixing, I'd head into Laois cycles just off main street in Portlaoise, its a small shop but the guy that runs it is a cycling fanatic and from experience is brilliant at fixing bikes.

TheKid wrote: »
    Dunno about Halfords staff but If it wss my bike, and it has been in the past needs fixing, I'd head into Laois cycles just off main street in Portlaoise, its a small shop but the guy that runs it is a cycling fanatic and from experience is brilliant at fixing bikes.
    This also

I rang halfords and they might or might not have the part in stock. I'll drop it in tomorrow and if its in stock they could have it in a day........if not who knows:(

• Advertisement

I rang halfords and they might or might not have the part in stock. I'll drop it in tomorrow and if its in stock they could have it in a day........if not who knows:(
    whats wrong with it

Where the pedal is attached to the bike has come off. We replaced the bolt holding it on but it just came loose again. It seems the threads are damaged and it may need to be replaced.

whats the make of the bike,did you see can you get parts direct from them,i'd say its an easy fix if its just the pedal arm

Its not the arm, its where the arm attached to the bike ( left side ).

Its an Apollo from Halfords. I jst want it ASAP as i can't run ( injury ) but i can cycle and was marathon training so need to keep my fitness up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Another recommendation for Kavanagh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Its not the arm, its where the arm attached to the bike ( left side ).

Its an Apollo from Halfords. I jst want it ASAP as i can't run ( injury ) but i can cycle and was marathon training so need to keep my fitness up.

Elvis, go for a swim up in the lake up in Derryonce. It'll keep the fitness up and improve your circulation :D

The bike is in with Kavanagh's now !!

I might even cycle to the lake:D

Advertisement