Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper abuse :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

First vid is pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats up with all the snipers? They are of no use and rarely contribute to the squad/team.

is it everyone just ranking up atm ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Rarely play sniper myself, but yea they are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Snipers are so overpowered its ridiculous, hidden on a hill having fun with the mortor. Mortor takes out tanks before it has time to move out of the way of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Snipers are so overpowered its ridiculous, hidden on a hill having fun with the mortor. Mortor takes out tanks before it has time to move out of the way of it.

agreed, they are basically a one-shot kill v a tank atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats up with all the snipers? They are of no use and rarely contribute to the squad/team.

is it everyone just ranking up atm ?

Snipers are just easy mode basically. There are some good snipers who do help the team but the majority just sit back use the mortar and ridiculous guns and caress their K/D ratio. Its not going to change unless the change. Just played on Nelson Bay and Arica Harbour and both maps on defensive sides were full of snipers, it ruined the game. Isla Innocentes is ruined by this as well, great map but everbody on both sides snipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

there should be restrictions on the amount of any one class. 4 snipers per team on a 32 man server ?

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    there should be restrictions on the amount of any one class. 4 snipers per team on a 32 man server ?

Aye think fairy was saying that the other day like in ET:QW limit per class wasn't it?

Would be the way to go. Usually as im on TS If I'm sniper I tend to spot and shout, considering my accuracy is shockingly poor with a sniper. Im useless, but 1 or 2 snipers that do teamwork with it other then just play loner in the corner is very handy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Thats what annoys me most, you spawn on a sniper your sitting around trying to get your bearings. Throw him some ammo, or a med pack, sit around for a bit before farting off doing your own thing and he never once spots, even when he misses. That bugs me more than anything.

Anyway ya there are some great snipers around, who are really beneficial, just too rare.
    Didnt expect this to turn into a sniper debate :p jsut thought the videos were rather funny :)

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Didnt expect this to turn into a sniper debate :p

We all saw ''Sniper Abuse'' and got carried away heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say does not bother me one bit playing against snipers, as I am always in a good squad...so there is no way snipers can stop a GOOD squad advancing at speed.

Playing on a team of snipers how ever is quite annoying, TBH using a sniper to rank up is pointless as you will take an absolute age to get the points. Even if you are just trying to improve your K : D ratio its pointless TBH as it would take an age to make a difference.

However some people just absolutely ADORE playing that class and that is different, I found it a tad boring TBH but everyone does love a good HEADSHOT.

Advertisement