Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before?

Options
  • 09-03-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

How long before a flight should you be at the airport?
    I'll be going from Kerry to Dublin on Saturday on the 6.30am flight, with gates closing at 6am. We'll have no luggage, just hand baggage, and bear in mind this is the morning of the Ireland Wales game so the flight would probably be more crowded than usual.
    Do ye think half five would be ok to be turning up at, or should it be more towards 5 o'c?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'd imagine 5:30 should be fine, even with the Ireland Wales game.

One of the big advantages of Farranfore is how quickly you can complete check-in and the security check.

Also I wouldn't be 100% that the gates close at 6 on the dot. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

5.30 will be pleeenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

dont rely on the "ahh sure you'll be grand" attitude when taking flights from kerry airport.
    you might manage it if there is a queue and you have no hand luggage.

if you print off your boarding pass it will tell you what time the gate will close. Be in the queue before this time and you will make your flight. Also to contradict a previous poster, security clearance in Kerry airport takes a long time and is quite slow (especially if the flight is full). However they are building new facilities at the moment to alleviate this problem

if on the other hand you do have luggage to check in or need to get a boarding pass, the desk will close 40 mins before the flight is due to take off, no exceptions.

been stung by this before, even though the flight was late, and the inbound flight still hadnt arrived by the time i LEFT the airport, cursing ryanair's rules as i went
    :-(

Advertisement