Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shocks in work

Options
  • 09-03-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Hope Im posting this in the right place? Apologies if Im not.......

Lately in work I and all of my work colleagues have been recieving electric shocks(static I think)anytime we touch objects that are capable of condcuting electicity. Which means pretty much everything except wood. We even got shocks if we touch off somebody elses hand. Its happening all the time and its gone beyond a joke at this stage.
    Is there anything we can do? What the hell is causing this? Ive got a feeling it has something to do with the carpet, could be wrong though. Is there any kind of wrist band we could wear?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

ask your employer to call out a registered electrician.it could be more than static.its worth getting checked out.safety is paramount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

obviously the static will discharge immediately
    can you tell if it's static or 'live' metalwork

the wrist band wont work if you're on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Try wearing some safety shoes/boots, problem is prob related to your footwear picking up static off the floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya.the shoes will solve half the problem if you're lucky

you'll have to stop shaking hands or get everybody else to change their shoes as well to solve the rest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I think the recent dry weather can lead to build up of static too. try wearing leather sole shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Thanks for the replies. I think it is a footwear issue. Anybody know where I can get anti-static shoes/workboots?

Advertisement