Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI

• 09-03-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi all,
    can anyone please tell me if you are having trouble with your diesel accord? do you find it uses a lot of oil? :confused:
    help appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

No issues really.

Had dodgy fuel injectors due to bad diesel but apart from that all ok.

They do use a bit more oil when new, but after the first 500 - 1000 miles, the oil consumption should be normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I have heard of this with an accord owner recently. Nothing to be concerned about. It may require a top up in between services but no more. Also the if the oil has been changed make sure its the correct oil in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

the ve tec is from a bike , bikes are heavy oil users compaired to car's just check the oil once a month and top up if required ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 seamy1

thanks very much for your replies :D
    i called to a garage last week, and when i pulled up outside it, one of the mechanics was putting oil into a 07/08 (can't remember) accord estate, imported and ready for sale. talk about suss!
    asked them, but they denied everything
    suss....really suss.....

thanks for your feedback

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

seamy1 wrote: »
    thanks very much for your replies :D
    i called to a garage last week, and when i pulled up outside it, one of the mechanics was putting oil into a 07/08 (can't remember) accord estate, imported and ready for sale. talk about suss!
    asked them, but they denied everything
    suss....really suss.....

thanks for your feedback

not really, whats suss about topping up your oil in between services?
    My old E90 320d used oil in between services and BMW tell you that when the oil light comes on to pour in 1 litre! (thats why theres no dipstick in the E90 ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No problem if a car uses a drop of oil.

Advertisement