Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Donaghs Road, Donaghmede

Options
  • 09-03-2010 10:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to buy a house around North Dublin and I can see a few houses on Daft in my price range in Donaghmede. They all seem to be on St. Donaghs Road and I've heard a few bad things about that part of the area. If anyone has any opinions they'd be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

its not the best of roads,but it used to be a lot worst in the 80s and 90s.id keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Keep looking, and if the house is down by the DART station end of the road price a house in Beirut instead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hehe, thanks! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Not a good road..full of scumbags and a crossroads between the worst elements of donaghmede and killbararack..for some reason donaghmede has never really matured,the kids coming from there seem to have a chip on thier shoulder and often go out of thier way to be as idiotic as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You're from Donaghmede, aren't you Degsy?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 getmeoutofhere

Ah come on. I live on St.Donagh's Road. Myself, my husband and daughter are respectable people and very hard working..........HOWEVER..........don't buy here if you can avoid it! ha! Seriously. Total kip. Biggest mistake we ever made and now can't move out. Neighbours are total skanks (apart from three houses). STAY AWAY! Don't make the mistake we made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Agree with above, it's rough especially near the Dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Did door to door sales on this road once. Not something I'll ever do again.

Handy as a rat run, that's where anything halfway good about this road begins and ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

WindSock wrote: »
    You're from Donaghmede, aren't you Degsy?

I don't know how I missed Degsy getting owned first time round!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Depends what your used to. Some people will cross the road at the sight of a hoodie in a tracksuit. Best advice is to have a walk around and see what you think. I'm in Kilbarrack, but never noticed the train station end being any worse. There's often kids playing football on the green, and I've never heard a word out of them when walking up to the shopping centre. Unlike plenty of kids in other places.

It is an old council estate, which is enough to put some people off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Got an Express diesel train to Howth Junction yesterday evening, and walked rest of way home. Was thinking about this thread.

No drug dealers or bad people around (never seen anything illegal going on there ever). Perhaps some of the people who moved away from the area have a lot of bad memories from the 70s and 80s? A bit like anyone who lived near a place like Ringsend in the 80s.

Never noticed the train station end being worse, if anything better? e.g. there are a lot more commuters and people coming and going from different places like Carndonagh and Verbena. It's main route for people coming from the shopping centre and the surrounding estates to get the Kilbarrack Rd and the Coast Rd. The other end is closer to Milbrook and the Donahies which I've no interest in visiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stateside

I'm in the US looking at bing's aerial map of St.Donagh's Rd.. Can anybody tell me how the street is numbered like every 5th driveway? This is my first post and I want to compare the real estate pictures with their location. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

stateside wrote: »
    I'm in the US looking at bing's aerial map of St.Donagh's Rd.. Can anybody tell me how the street is numbered like every 5th driveway? This is my first post and I want to compare the real estate pictures with their location. Thanks.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

I used to spend a lot of time commuting in and out of Howth Junction and the main issue I'd see would be the fact that all of the roads around there are full of commuters' cars during the day. There is a half-assed car park on the other side of the station, but it's in an industrial estate, so lots of people prefer to park on the side with the houses, because it's safer, particularly at night. Some of the residents seem to be really sick of this and have traffic cones out, etc., so it might be something to bear in mind if you have more than one car to be parking.

Advertisement