Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nathan Kingerlee

Options
  • 09-03-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I'm back after the great outage of 2010.

Just thought I'd drop in to give my experience of Nathan. We went down to the reeks to get a bit of tuition using crampons and such during the recent cold spell. We got the bus down to Killarney and a taxi out to Lislebane car park, well most of the way.

We arrived at close on 9pm and met the lads in KMRT coming of the hill. As we get our stuff in order to head in, mush at the crazed looks of the MR lads Nathan was pointed out to us. After a brief chat we ran through the plan for the morning and he was kind enough to offer to bringing up last minute supplies in the morning if we forgot anything.

The next morning we met again in the car park and sorted out the gear. We spent the next couple of hours getting to grips with the crampons, Ice axes, self arrest, the basics. Up the Glen around to the coom to the left of the bone and back down. We spent 6-8 hours on the hill in all.

Nathan was kind enough to drop us into Killarney where Bus Eireann had decided to stop the bus at 3pm. Nathan was quite accommodating dropping us around to the Train station to check if they were running, and then recommended and dropped us out to a hostel when we realized we had missed the last train.

All in all I could't do more to recommend Nathan. Just thought I'd share with ye, its great to meet people who go the extra mile.

Thanks Again Nathan..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

+1 on that. I also went down for some ice-work and had an excellent day up on Carrauntoohil.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

That is good to hear. I have been looking at doing some of his weekend activities but as of yet the timing has not worked out for me. He looks to have lots going on and is very good to publish his stuff so it is good to know what sounds good on paper is good.

Advertisement