Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOMTOM Townlands

Options
  • 09-03-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Ok Koolkid .............. spit it out ....... when are we getting townlands .............. dont say you dont know because I found a little bug in latest release. I had forgotten to save my favorites and when I got home this evening I used my location to save my home location. No it just happens that I live off a main road about 100m off and tomtom was not "locked" onto the public road and low and behold it said my location was "Unnamed Road, Walterstown (Nurney)" which just happens to be my townland. Any comment ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Different maps were tested with townlands. I think the outcome was they would be included in searches but not display on the actual map.
    Is that how you find it is at the moment?
    This was back as far as 830 or 835 as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TomTom Ireland

I'd be keen to hear feedback on townlands as this was a key issue when I first joined well over a year ago. I know many changes were due to be implemented in order to include Townlands so please let me know your thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

I'd be keen to hear feedback on townlands as this was a key issue when I first joined well over a year ago. I know many changes were due to be implemented in order to include Townlands so please let me know your thoughts!

Up to the time my GO720 died five or six weeks ago there was no apparent change in the townlands situation. I didn't get to try it with the latest maps as it never worked again after updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

No not on searches ....... just happened that I was off road and my location came up as a townland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TomTom Ireland

mossie wrote: »
    Up to the time my GO720 died five or six weeks ago there was no apparent change in the townlands situation. I didn't get to try it with the latest maps as it never worked again after updating.

What happened to your 720, is it beyond repair? Did you buy the maps and then not have the use of them due to the unit failing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

What happened to your 720, is it beyond repair? Did you buy the maps and then not have the use of them due to the unit failing?

It stopped working after installing the latest maps. It just won't start up anymore and I've tried everything. I had the 12 month map upgrade deal and that was my second map update. I actually had the unit around 2.5 years so well out of guarantee.

I've been using my friends Navigon which has much better maps but the actual navigation is a little weird to say the least:)

Advertisement