Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsellas Gorey

Options
  • 09-03-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My interest is my family history which sadly I know very little about
    My grandmother was baptised in Gorey 1880 I believe she had two sisters and one brother Annie, Elisabeth and Patrick kinsella I know that Annie married Denis kinsella and lived in killgorman I think that Elisabeth married a Masterson I think she is living in Raheen in 1911 the attached photo I think is her (Elisabeth) with my mother who is sat to the right of the fire my mothers mum was called was Mary Cullen (nee kinsella) so if any one recognise this family or can help I would really appreciate it

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Your welcome
    i hope it helps you in your search for your family

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dooner

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Kilcomb/Raheen/683320/

This is my great aunt Elisabeth Masterson (nee Kinsella)

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Ballynestragh/Ballywilliam/684555/

This I hope is my great grandmother with my great aunt Annie (known as Nan by the family) and great uncle Patrick I know nothing about him sadly

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Pembroke_East/Pembroke_Cottages/48832/

My grand mother Mary Cullen (nee Kinsella) was by 1911 married and living in Dublin, see above

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Thats great you can also click on the View census images household return a form to see the origional forms from 1911

• Advertisement

scaller wrote: »
    Thats great you can also click on the View census images household return a form to see the origional forms from 1911

Yes that’s great you can get other helpful information about the family also the type of housing little things that help put meat on the bones I hope they will get the 1901 census out soon! Also the fact that it’s all free to view which is a great bonus

This is the cottage where my great aunt Nan lived with her husband at killgorman
    She was Annie Kinsella Nee Kinsella she was married to Denis Kinsella would any one be able to point me to where they are buried please?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi Dooner,
    You could try make contact with Nicky Furlong, a Wexford Historian.
    I know he has Kinsella connections I am just not 100% sure if they are connected to the Kinsellas you are looking into.

http://www.nicholasfurlong.com

Regards
    - BFG

Hi Dooner,
    You could try make contact with Nicky Furlong, a Wexford Historian.
    I know he has Kinsella connections I am just not 100% sure if they are connected to the Kinsellas you are looking into.

http://www.nicholasfurlong.com

Regards
    - BFG

Thank you so much I will give that a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peedles

dooner wrote: »
    My grandmother was baptised in Gorey 1880 I believe she had two sisters and one brother Annie, Elisabeth and Patrick kinsella I know that Annie married Denis kinsella and lived in killgorman I think that Elisabeth married a Masterson I think she is living in Raheen in 1911 the attached photo I think is her (Elisabeth) with my mother who is sat to the right of the fire my mothers mum was called was Mary Cullen (nee kinsella) so if any one recognise this family or can help I would really appreciate it

Hello Dooner.
    It is your lucky day.
    I can confirm that the persons in the photo is my mother bridget masterson, who is still alive.

The lady in the centre in My Granny, Elizabeth Masterson.

My mother often spoke about the Cullens from Dublin.

I men aunt aunt Nan (Anne) when I was a child.
    I was born and reared about 3 miles from Kilgorman.

This is very interesting, as we are haveing a masterson family reunion this weekend, saturday april 10th.

The Raheen part of your information is wrong, and is probably throwing you off the scent big time.

Elizabeth Kinsella marries John Masterson and Liced in Aske Near Gorey, Co. Wexford.

They had 12 Children, 8 boys and 4 Girls.
    The have 43 Grandchildren (I am one of them)

My name is Pat O'Hagan, and I live in Ferns Co. Wexford.
    Please respond, an we will communicate via email,skype or telephone

Thanks

Pat O'Hagan

• Advertisement

Hi Peedles
    Here are two more photos that I think may be Mastersons
    The rest of my message is on facebook
    Regards
    Dooner x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peedles

Val,
    Both the attached photos are mastersons.

Are you a grand daughter of Lil Cullen ???

Pat

Peedles wrote: »
    Val,
    Both the attached photos are mastersons.

Are you a grand daughter of Lil Cullen ???

Pat

No sorry Aunt Lill was not lucky enough to have children my Mother was Mary Cullen (known as May)
    A couple more photos for you

photo 1
    Mary Cullen (neeKinsella) My Grandmother Bob Irton? Aunt Lill Cullen Aunt Nan (Annie Kinsella ) Aunt Phyllis (sp?)Cullen
    The man John Kirwain Aunt Phyllis husband
    Photo 2 don't know he may be a Masterson? the older man sorry don't know The boy my brother Stephen
    Little girl me with my hand on my Mums Knee lady that my mum has her arm around is Rosie Masterson Her married name was Herbert (sp?) She owned a newsagents in London

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Noel Geraghty

dooner wrote: »
    Are you Val Murphy/Cullen last known address Camberely, if so please contact me. Dooner My Great Grand father, your Great Great Granfather. Noel Geraghty

From Noel Geraghty, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brefmyster

Hello Noel Geraght,
    My Name is pat O' Hagan, and I stumbled upon Val Norman (Dooner) looking for relations in Gorey Co. Wexford.

I was just browsing the internet one evening last april, when I googled something in Gorey, and spotted an entry for NAN Kinsella, Kilgorman.

I met this woman (nan kinsella) when I was a child, and I do remember her.

How are you related to vat Norman ( nee Cullen)
    Is it on the Kinsella side or the Culledn side ??

I am on the Kinsella side, my Grandmother was Elizabeth Kinsella.

Thanks

Pat O' Hagan.
    Co. Wexford

I used to use the name peedles, and I forgot my password.
    I now use the name brefmyster

Hello Noel Geraghty,

My Name is Pat O' Hagan, and I stumbled upon Val Norman (Dooner) looking for relations in Gorey, Co. Wexford.

I was just browsing the internet one evening last april, when I googled something in Gorey, and spotted an entry for NAN Kinsella, Kilgorman.

I met this woman (nan kinsella) when I was a child, and I do remember her.

How are you related to Val Norman ( nee Cullen)
    Is it on the Kinsella side or the Cullen side ??

I am on the Kinsella side, my Grandmother was Elizabeth Kinsella.

Thanks

Pat O' Hagan.
    Co. Wexford

I used to use the name peedles, and I forgot my password.
    I now use the name brefmyster

I am from the Dooner side of family through the Murphy's. May Cullen was married to Paddy a brother of my mother. We have lost touch with the Murphy's since her parents funeral. Would love to get in contact. Have you E-Mail, Phone or Skype contact details.
    Noel Geraghty.

Hello Noel,

Yes I do

Her email address is vnorman001@hotmail.com

She Lives somewhere near London.

I have spoken with her on the phone, but I will do my best to get the details for you.

I have also tracked down a Harry Cullen, who lives in Dublin, and who has a holiday home in Castletown, Gorey Co Wexford.

I know of Him, but never met or spoke to him.

Thanks

Pat O'Hagan
    086 8340983

Thanks a million Have sent a message will let you know how I get on.
    Thanks again
    Noel Geraghty

• Advertisement

Noel,
    Have you met Val Norman ??

Do you know Harry Cullen ??

Thanks

Pat

Apparently Noel has met me in 1984 I have responded to his email he is related to me though my Dads family my maiden name was Murphy
    I doubt he has met Harry Cullen as he is related to my mothers side rip e.g. Cullen/kinsellas/Mastersons

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

well sorry to get involved where i have absolutely no business to do with anything going on here but isnt the internet great! hope you all have a great family reunion ! :D

well sorry to get involved where i have absolutely no business to do with anything going on here but isnt the internet great! hope you all have a great family reunion ! :D

Don’t apologise yes I couldn’t agree more meeting up with two lovely family members has been great and I can’t wait to meet them personally one day x
    happy-136.gif
    The help and advice you get from other members is great and much appreciated

Hello Wexford Warrior,
    Where are you based and how do I contact you.
    Yes in our case, I could put toghther some of the jig saw pieces that dooner could'nt.
    I live in Co Wexford, and I enjoy family history.

Thanks

Pat

Brefmyster wrote: »
    Hello Wexford Warrior,
    Where are you based and how do I contact you.
    Yes in our case, I could put toghther some of the jig saw pieces that dooner could'nt.
    I live in Co Wexford, and I enjoy family history.

Thanks

Pat

Hi Brefmyster how are you doing?
    Val
    computer-17.gif

Advertisement