Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat in the hood

Options
  • 10-03-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

this morning when i came home from leaving hubbie to work at 3am i heard a faint noise weaow squeeky sound. so i pop,d the bonnet (hood) and low and behold there was a cat where the water goes for wipers. havent a clue where he got in but its a dirty little thing .its eye is a bit leaky , its little back leg is bit soar. i brought him in to the house . got an old warm towel and put her/him in a backet for the washing . its not quite a grown cat . in between kitten and cat. he,s now warm again tonight in the same backet. i feel so sorry for it i couldnt just thow it out. it wont eat or drink , ive food and drink left beside it. is ther anything i could do to help the poor we might to make it better without going to the vet??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

If you need any assistance feeding it I may be able to help. 086 xxxxxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Aw poor cat, is it really scared, or quite relaxed? If it's relaxed then it should eat, unless it is sick. I'd try to feed it really nice food, like either fish or meat, or a whiskas pouch, and if it won't eat that then I would take it to the vet. Especially if it seems lethargic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I would second a trip to the vet - just for a once over (especially if it's not drinking) and to get the vet to see if the cat is microchipped as it might belong to someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

cats go into cars to keep warm, we found a 6 week kitten last summer (our neighbour adopted him - named mondeo) make sure you don't offer milk to drink - only water, where are you based? maybe contact the ISPCA (not sure where you are so won't advise the local SPCA as some of them can be a little backward when it comes to animal welfare)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

It's common for a small cat to do this - many have not lived to tell the tale as a result. The person who asdive that you go to the vet is right - please take that advice. Fumes etc could be making the poor little thing sick so it wont eat - cats are extremely fussy creatures and HATE to have anything wrong with them. Alternatively, take the advice of the person who suggested the ISPCA - they will help, and they will also ensure that the cat receives proper veterinary care. The cat must get fluids, food is not as urgent, so please act quickly! And well done for not just abandoning the little pet.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

If you have already not done so I would get the Kitten to a vet asap....well done for not leaving the kitten out on the street;) many people would and do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well folks i gave HIM to a good neighbour who knows how to deal with little kitty.she has a cat already so she promised me he,l be ok. lovely little thing he was. killed me to give it over but theres so much going on in my house at the moment i wouldnt be able to look after him . but it got me thinking and the boys that we will look for one at the cat home.

Good for you! Firstly for recognising that now may not be a good time for you - and secondly for opening your heart to getting a pet for your boys. And, just as important, for considering rescuing one from the cats home. Pat yourself on the back - you're a good person!:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Shazanne wrote: »
    Good for you! Firstly for recognising that now may not be a good time for you - and secondly for opening your heart to getting a pet for your boys. And, just as important, for considering rescuing one from the cats home. Pat yourself on the back - you're a good person!:):):):):)

i second that,,well done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I love hearing stories like this. This is how I got my kitten last October - filthy bundle sitting in my car engine!

Well done on getting him a home, another potentially feral cat off the streets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Shazanne wrote: »
    thanks guys , i just couldnt do bad to a cat, i love cats. used to have one sleeping on my bed when i was a kid. i used to sneak it in my window when my mum put him out for the night. but my hubbie hates cats. but i,ll get around him some how.good news is i was told the little cat ate a bit of cat food yesterday an warm milk.

blond45 wrote: »
    thanks guys , i just couldnt do bad to a cat, i love cats. used to have one sleeping on my bed when i was a kid. i used to sneak it in my window when my mum put him out for the night. but my hubbie hates cats. but i,ll get around him some how.good news is i was told the little cat ate a bit of cat food yesterday an warm milk.

Great news - we're all rooting for that little guy! And for you're gig guy - the hubby! I've no doubt that you help him fall in love with a furry little friend before too long!!:o

Advertisement