Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Amazon.co.uk deliver TVs to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Short answer. No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I've tried several times to get one shipped. Last being this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00284C9ZA/ref=ord_cart_shr

Edit: Maybe because it's not shipped direct by Amazon might be the issue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Yeah maybe, I just checked my amazon order and it was shipped direct from them, so that might make a difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

I've tried several times to get one shipped. Last being this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00284C9ZA/ref=ord_cart_shr

Edit: Maybe because it's not shipped direct by Amazon might be the issue...

they wont ship Freesat TVs to Ireland as, technically speaking, Freesat is a UK only service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It depends on the size, i believe they ship up to about 26" but they definitely dont deliver 32" and up tvs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It depends on the size, i believe they ship up to about 26" but they definitely dont deliver 32" and up tvs

Untrue, there's a 37'' Sony Bravia in my basket.

Your order qualifies for free delivery. (Some restrictions apply)
    Make sure you select Free Super Saver Delivery at the checkout.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Untrue, there's a 37'' Sony Bravia in my basket.

Your order qualifies for free delivery. (Some restrictions apply)
    Make sure you select Free Super Saver Delivery at the checkout.

try and go ahead to checkout with the order, before it asks you for your card details its says:

"Important Message
    Sony BRAVIA KDL37S5500U 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview and 3 Year Warranty cannot be shipped to the selected address."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

big_moe wrote: »
    try and go ahead to checkout with the order, before it asks you for your card details its says:

"Important Message
    Sony BRAVIA KDL37S5500U 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview and 3 Year Warranty cannot be shipped to the selected address."

Oh, but it's not freesat? thw 5810 is.

they defo wont ship Freesat TVs outside uk and apparently (as Zonda999 says) they wont ship ANYTHING 32" or larger... and that monitor that the other person got earlier in year, its technically a pc monitor so maybe thats a loophole of some description

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If Amazon don't ship freesat sets outside the UK, other sellers in the UK do. I got a 50" Panny plasma with freesat and freeview delivered from the Uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Isaacunt

I cant even get them to deliver any phone accessories let alone a tv, when Ive tried`anything electrical, no joy!!

i've recently tried to order a camera lens and it wouldnt deliver that... yet when you click on delivery details it says it can ship electronics to ireland.... very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Has Amazons shipping policy changed as they seem to ship big Tvs here now.
    I was pricing some 42" tvs and they were offering me free super saver delivery to Ireland .
    Anytime I added a large tv to my basket before they said it wasnt available for delivery to that address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It would appear so, but it might be a mistake. There's a thread in Bargain Alerts about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056219653

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread I'm just trying to do my research on what tv to get from the amazon site?

Can someone recommend the best >= 46" out there for reasonable money??

Was in harvey normans yesterday and my understanding is

at least 100Mhz backlit LED is the best way to go?? One of the lads was saying it all depends on the brand still so any advice would be appreciated.

Also someone said LED is better than LCD for power consumption also??

Advertisement