Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL crazy slow! West City..anyone else?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

NTL is reeeaaaaly slow the last couple of days, I wasn't completely sure if my computer was b*llixed until tonight - it's deffo NTL. Anyone else experiencing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'm on the East side of the city and everything has been fine here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

No, I'am on the west side too and all is fine. Maybe there are other users in your house that are excessively downloading, that would have the effect of apparently slowing up your connection. Also is it a wifi connection, I know with mine the greater the distance I'am from the modem the slower my connection becomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

On the Eastside as well and internet fine but digital channels have been poor since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I'm on the west side also and everything is fine here. Try unplugging your modem & router (if you're using one) for 30 secs and see if that improves things. If you're using wireless, as the previous poster said, make sure someone else isn't downloading using your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I live in the West City and while it has never been crazy slow, I'm not at all happy with the speeds I'm getting. Paying for 10MB broadband and rarely ever get speeds above 3MB. Was paying for 6MB broadband (same house/different ISP) previously and always got roughly 5MB, even at peak times.

Have been onto UPC/NTL quite a few times and there has been no improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

It's Rag Week. 2/3rds of the little men in the wires are off drinking, and the ones who are left are having to work extra hard to replace 'em, so getting pretty exhausted.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Living same side as OP, and being honest, for a while my broadband hasn't been great, it's ok, but nothing special.

And the worst thing, NTL rang me to say they upgraded it from 3MB to 6MB (I think it was), they said to shut down the router, and reboot the machine after a couple of mins.

I did that, and straight after the bloody thing went slower than it was before:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's better today. There was only one computer going in the house, and the Neighbour on one side said she had the same issue. I know there have been small localised outages recently, so maybe it was to do with that. Thanks folks!

Advertisement