Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Camera Question

• 10-03-2010 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere that does card restoration?

Basically put my camera's storage card into the machine at the local Hickey's Chemist and it was working fine and the girl told me their machine had crashed inside and not to process my order for a few minutes fine so while I was waiting the screen of pics I'd selected went blank.. I went off for a while and when I went back my card wasn't working and it hasn't worked since. Says card error or something. Hickey's claim it wasn't their machines it was a fault on my card but the card was working fine on the camera and in their machine til their machines crashed and they sent me off to the next town where apparently they do card restoration but they told me there they didn't so now I'm stuck with a broken card and the loss of pics from my nephew's fifth birthday :( so does anyone know of anywhere that will do card restoration?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Hi, have you tired the memory card in the camera since? Can you still see the images when browsing the card on the camera?
    Do you have an external memory card reader? If not, maybe worth picking up a cheap one in Tesco and then connect it to your PC/Laptop to see if you can access the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

se this free program, it works
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

If you're in the West Dublin/Kildare area then I'll do it for you if you want or at least tell you if it can be done.

PM me if you want to meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Nope hasn't worked in camera since says card error when I put it into the camera but I don't get that cos it was working fine in the camera before I put it into their machines.

Don't live in Kildare area live in Co. Wickla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    se this free program, it works
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva

the parameter is incorrect it comes up as when I use that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement