Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Guitarist Wanted....

Options
  • 10-03-2010 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

(please leave in this forum mods if poss as in this current climate im sure this will be of more use here)

Hi guys most of you know me from on here but we're looking for a....

Permanent Part-time guitarist for professional full-time covers band (modern chart set).

The band gigs 5-7 nights a week but applicant is only expected to play a Minimum of 3 gigs a week (every week) to cover other guitar player/manager.

Band based in Munster but tours the whole country so all you would need to do is get to / meet van on route to save on travel :)

Diary already full for 2010 & starting 2011.

Aged between 22 and 30.

Backing vocals needed.

Must be able to hold your own guitar wise (no newbies) and be open to covering what the main player plays but add your own spice to keep yourself happy :D

All thats needed is talent, sense of humour & a guitar :D we can also provide guitar pre's & fx every night either JMP1. Engl or Triaxis, whammy's, tc stuff etc.. depending on your choice....

Lastly this is a pro outfit and is treated that way so must be presentable and be able to deal with crowds and maintain a professional mannor with staff and punters :D

interested or if you know anyone? PM Me ;)

Covers from:

Gaga
    flo rida
    killers
    script
    linkin park / jay z
    bob sinclair
    and on and on inc. heavy stuff and older stuff too

PM info as auditions will be held soon VERY informal :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Best of Luck Ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Thanks, Needle in haystack thing really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

PMI wrote: »
    Thanks, Needle in haystack thing really :D
    Says it all about attitude of muso's on this island!

Savman wrote: »
    Says it all about attitude of muso's on this island!

? lost :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

PMI wrote: »
    ? lost :o
    Ah no, you'd think any Guitar player worth his salt would be all over a paid gig like a bad rash, but it's incredibly difficult to get people who would be anywhere near capable for that level of gigging. Yet the Bands & Musicians board is full off whingers claiming there's nothing out there for them.

Sorry state of affairs tbh. Anyway I digress, good luck with the search!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Savman wrote: »
    Ah no, you'd think any Guitar player worth his salt would be all over a paid gig like a bad rash, but it's incredibly difficult to get people who would be anywhere near capable for that level of gigging. Yet the Bands & Musicians board is full off whingers claiming there's nothing out there for them.

Sorry state of affairs tbh. Anyway I digress, good luck with the search!

thas because they want a soft option , seems in the muso circles these days they all want a soft option - no one wants to work hard and dedicate themselves to a cause- whether its their own or a shared one .
    particlualry apparent in musos under about 28 years old.

what the fuc.k went wrong with them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

DaDumTish wrote: »
    thas because they want a soft option , seems in the muso circles these days they all want a soft option - no one wants to work hard and dedicate themselves to a cause- whether its their own or a shared one .
    particlualry apparent in musos under about 28 years old.

what the fuc.k went wrong with them ?

or 50 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davidharris777

I am a pro guitarist / lead singer, that has grown progressively frustrated with the lack of drive and dedication from the musicians in my circle and will jump on the first available like minded pro gig with good drug free moral minded rockers. Too bad I didn't see the post for pro guitarist wanted 2 years ago when it first came out. I just joined this web site. I play great musical music only, I just won't sell out for mindless junk. My heart won't be compromised.

David Harris

Hey all thanks for the interest, the position has been filled and is working out very well :)

Thanks again.

Advertisement