Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACL Damage

Options
  • 10-03-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice or a 2nd opinion on the below.

My crazy dog (https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/183024/105497.jpg) has torn her ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). Aside from being a bit 'limpy' after sleep etc she seems not to be bothered by it at all. She still gets around as fast as she used to and doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort.

Vet gave her some anti-inflammatories and basically said there's no real point in surgery.

After much searching I've come across two differing opinions. One is the same as the vet, basically saying that if the dog is not in pain, surgery is not necessary. The other says that surgery should always be performed.

Just looking for some advice so I can do right by the doggie.

Advertisement