Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's switching from Bord Gais Electricity to Airtricity?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Its a year since many boardies signed up to Bord gais electricity and many thanks to bord Gais for the 10 - 14% discount which on top of generally reduced prices saw last years bills drop by 30% compared to the previous years.

But now the initial discount is over and the 10% saving is dropped to 5%. - I assume the 2% DD discount still applies

So is it worth switching over to airtricity for a total of 13% discount off esb rates - a saving of 6% for non gas users & a saving of 4% for gas users compared to bord gais rates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Thanks OP for bringing this up but....

my understanding from seeing adverts is that Bord Gais Energy Electricity guaranteed to be at least 10% cheaper in year 1 and at least 5% cheaper in year 2 & 3. But surely they mean from when they entered the residential electicity market, not since an accounts switching date (unless someone was switched on the first day)

Am i Correct?, and has you'restandard discount being reduced to 5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Yes - for those who switched at the beginning, the one year discount of 10% is now over and has been replaced with a 5% discount - a note is printed on the right side of the bill informing you of the change in discount level.

For those who switched last april, the change will be in April, June & the change will be june, etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

From listening (not very intently) to the Airtricity radio ads, I think their 13% discount is only applicable for the remainder of 2010, and after that it will reduce too (listen to the ultra-fast terms and conditions bit at the end). My BG discount was 14%, that will go down to 9% (if it hasn't already) which may be higher than the Airtricity discount after the end of 2010.

I don't think it's really worth it, as my bills are normally about 150, that's only 6 euro every two months, which would amount to about 30 euro for the rest of the year.

91011 wrote: »
    Yes - for those who switched at the beginning, the one year discount of 10% is now over and has been replaced with a 5% discount - a note is printed on the right side of the bill informing you of the change in discount level.

For those who switched last april, the change will be in April, June & the change will be june, etc etc

Thanks!

Just checked mine, i was connected to BG 11th April so i have till the 10th.

Can anyone confirm the deposit required to switch to Airtricity for a tenant. I'm aware I'll be signing up to direct debit.

With Bord Gais, It was €100 that I'll get back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Just checked mine, i was connected to BG 11th April so i have till the 10th.

Can anyone confirm the deposit required to switch to Airtricity for a tenant. I'm aware I'll be signing up to direct debit.

With Bord Gais, It was €100 that I'll get back
    I didnt pay a deposit with them, im paying by DD

Advertisement