Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the first tattoo you wanted?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 10:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Well?
    What was the first tattoo you were sure you wanted but for some reason didnt go through with? Or did you get it?

I wanted my first name on my inner forearm when i was 18 or 19, thank christ i changed my mind :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    Well?
    What was the first tattoo you were sure you wanted but for some reason didnt go through with? Or did you get it?

I wanted my first name on my inner forearm when i was 18 or 19, thank christ i changed my mind :D

When I was 18/19 as well, I wanted a celtic band done on my arm, was going to design the band myself. Really REALLY glad I didn't go through with it though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

First tattoo I wanted would be the lil design I carved into the back of my left hand when I was 15 or 16. The first tattoo I actively pursued in getting was a band of water around my wrist, the type of water you see in koi fish tattoos. In the end I didnt get it, just because I found something else I wanted more and got in the end :)

But.. hmm.. I still have a lil sketch of my name as an ambigram, not sure whether it was that or the water that I wanted on my wrist first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The one that anthony Kiedis has on his right forearm. Wanted it for years. still might get it with a little modification to it to make it mine :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Did anyone actually get the first one they wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yup, bass clef on my right wrist. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 healwayscallsme

a speedy gonzalez tatoo, full colour with his catchphrase underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

when i was a kid, i always wanted a daisy chain around my ankle. i used to think that'd be the only tattoo i would ever get! glad i didn't get it now. but instead i got daisies going thewhole way up my side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

The first tatoo I wanted was from a computer game. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Baito_Figurine.jpg
    And on the back was a massive eye shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I wanted a black, filagree type rose on the left side of my lower back when I was 18.

I got it and still love it and it started my obsession!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

i wanted an elephant on my hip when i was about 18...i got the elephant but on my back instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I wanted a graffiti piece on my bicep, thank fúck I couldn't afford it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A Man United crest on top of an Ireland flag.:o
    I was like 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

I got a cassette tape design from the mid-side of my body/rib-cage area down to my hip. Love the tattoo, but easily the stupidest place I could've possibly thought of for my first one! Got one on my wrist and upper right arm a while after, and thinking about getting another one soon!

Still no idea what makes them addictive, but they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

first tattoo i wanted was a tribal eagle design on my right arm when i was about 17 loved the design and eventually got it when i was 19,got sick of it and covered it up with a much bigger piece when i was 21 and havent looked back since :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Metallica ninja star!!! Sooo glad i never got it (I even had pland to go and get it done) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Metallica ninja star!!! Sooo glad i never got it (I even had pland to go and get it done) :eek:
    hey bud im not trying to be smart or anything. Your only a young chap, take your time man. Do what you wanna do. Go for whatever tatto you want and dont be thinking what your mates are gonna think of it. Ya got it for you and nobody else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

First and only one I've ever really wanted (so far!) - heart, star and music note on my left wrist. Been drawing it on my wrist for a year/year and a half before I got it done. Don't regret it one bit. My only worry is covering it up when I'm working considering I want a career in law but that should be easy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

seanybiker wrote: »
    hey bud im not trying to be smart or anything. Your only a young chap, take your time man. Do what you wanna do. Go for whatever tatto you want and dont be thinking what your mates are gonna think of it. Ya got it for you and nobody else.

I know :) when i get a tattoo I need to know i want it

Advertisement