Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Lost and Found

Options
  • 10-03-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Does Galway have a central taxi office for lost items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't think so, usually best is to ring the office of the company you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Does Galway have a central taxi office for lost items?

No but that's a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I just hailed it on the street. Dagnammit!

Pretty sure we have one in Dublin.

The Garda Carriage Office is responsible for handling all property lost in taxis, hackneys and limousines in the Dublin area.
    Guess it would be handy here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Don't Mill St just do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Magnus wrote: »
    The Garda Carriage Office is responsible for handling all property lost in taxis, hackneys and limousines in the Dublin area.
    Guess it would be handy here too.

Yeah, my folks always call it the Taxi Lost and Found. My father used to keep them busy when he had a hip operation and anything not glued to him stayed in the Taxi.

I knew it was the Carriage office, but didn't know it was run by the guards until just now.
    In fairness, stuff does get handed in a lot.

I'd say Mill St for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Carriage office doesnt exist as such any more since deregulation. It was mainly for dealing with licences and stuff. Most honest taxi drivers still hand stuff into Mill Street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cable_guist

I just lost my phone in a taxi and when called into mills street gardai station they confirmed taxis often leave phones etc in. The direct number for their lost and found at the gardai station is xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Nok1a

Op will be glad to hear it, they might be able to get back their brand new Nokia 6310i, yes the 2010 edition one

Numbers not allowed in the forum.
    Besides, that number isn't for Lost/Found, it was the office number for the AGSI Galway president.
    cable_guist banned for trolling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement