Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove pipe through wall

• 10-03-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, I just recently had a clearview stove installed. I decided with the builder that we should have a brick facing on the cavity wall behind the stove for plaster protection and aestethic reasons. There is a single wall flue pipe coming from the top of the stove and entering the brick wall about a .75m above it at an angle. Where the pipe enters the wall the morter has cracked and some of the brick has also cracked - I guess with the heat. Because the pipe goes out at an angle the brick needed to be shaved at the back to allow for the pipe to go out behind it so it's not a full brick. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and is there any way to resolve it? The pipe goes out to an external Anki chimney.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Fire cement between pipe and bricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kearneyt

Thanks MP22 will give that a go. Cheers, Tom

Advertisement