Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Mundial 5 a Side Soccer

Options
  • 10-03-2010 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone heard about this new 5 a Side Soccer League starting at Leicester Celtic's ground in Nutgrove?

Their advertising said it's free league entry, free kits and for €25 per game it looks good value for money.

The website footballmundial.com seems to show they cover pretty much everywhere in the UK, no mention of a Dublin League itself. Guessing it's the first time they're setting a league up over here.

They have updated league tables on the site as well.

The leaflet I've got just said it's starting April, I've dropped them an email today reserving a place. Don't know what exact date it's starting in April, I've already got a squad of 8 together ready for this, anyone else putting a team in?

info@footballmundial.com is the email address

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rathfarnham_T

Right, just to give people an update on this.

My team's place is all reserved. Just sending the paperwork off today.
    The 1st week of the season is the 28th April.

It's a half hour game every Wednesday between 6pm-8pm, but they said if I'm struggling for a kick off time they can try swap it about week to week.

It's a league of 16 teams, 2 divisions of 8. And there's a cup tournament.

You get free kits on the first week of the season, and they provide bibs in case of a clash and they'll provide the match balls etc.

Anyone else signed up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rathfarnham_T

They've said 12 teams have signed up for this one now.

Surely someone else from the boards is getting involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Half hour games????
    Would enter if they were an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

played in same tournament near castleknock... half hour games... awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evilhomer1

Agree 30 minute games are useless!! I play in the Astropark leagues 1 hour games works out at only €40 a game and prizes are pretty good too.There new leagues start next week

• Advertisement
Advertisement