Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Fair Smithfield

Options
  • 10-03-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the search box isn't helping me find it.

I work in the Smithfield area and today is Wednesday. The horse fair was held last Sunday - 3 days ago - and the place still stinks of horse s**t. The cobbles are filthy (slightly improved since Monday morning). There's sawdust everywhere.

I understood the horse fair was allowed to continue on condition the place was restored to its original state by the next day. Has this changed ?

On Monday there was one council worker - with what looked like a domestic hose - wetting the sawdust.

I sympathise with anyone living in the area as they probably had to keep their windows closed on these rare nice sunny days.

Anyone know anything ?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement