Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eflow say I owe them €155

• 10-03-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Do I have any rights in this situation. Basically Eflow say I never paid a toll back in November and passed my dept on to some solicitors. The thing is I remember phoning Eflow when I got the initial warning which said I had to pay €42 for not paying the toll.

When I rang I explained to the lady that I paid the toll on the internet. She said it didn't go through however if I paid the €3 now + €3 late fee she would waive the balance.

I gave her the details over the phone and thought nothing else of it until i received the solicitors letter. I explained all this to the solicitor and she took the phone number I made the call from. Apparently the cannot find this alleged call. The problem is I made the call from work and my number sometimes goes through a switch board so I cannot be sure of the number that would have showed up on their records.

I know for a fact I made the call but there is no charge of €6 leaving my account around this time. Do I have any rights? There is a possibility that this call happened earlier in the year but I don't think it did. I have had terrible problems with Eflow in the past, almost every time I pay the toll I get a letter the following week to say i still owe it.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Always pay the fine via the internet and print a receipt. That way there's no way they can nail you with it

They tried to charge me for a journey that wasnt me. Only for the fact we had the car on security footage parked in our compound when they say it should have been crossing the M50 , they would have pressed ahead with a fine....fu&$ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

bobbyg wrote: »

Do I have any rights in this situation. Basically Eflow say I never paid a toll back in November and passed my dept on to some solicitors. The thing is I remember phoning Eflow when I got the initial warning which said I had to pay €42 for not paying the toll.

When I rang I explained to the lady that I paid the toll on the internet. She said it didn't go through however if I paid the €3 now + €3 late fee she would waive the balance.

I gave her the details over the phone and thought nothing else of it until i received the solicitors letter. I explained all this to the solicitor and she took the phone number I made the call from. Apparently the cannot find this alleged call. The problem is I made the call from work and my number sometimes goes through a switch board so I cannot be sure of the number that would have showed up on their records.

I know for a fact I made the call but there is no charge of €6 leaving my account around this time. Do I have any rights? There is a possibility that this call happened earlier in the year but I don't think it did. I have had terrible problems with Eflow in the past, almost every time I pay the toll I get a letter the following week to say i still owe it.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.

Check your CC/laser statement. The payment will be on that, it may gone though on the wrong reg. Give them the date and time and the transaction number(if it's visible) and you will be OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've got the same problem. No printer at home, and I've never had a problem with eflow before, so I didn't save the page when it went through. No record of it in my bank account, no record of it on their end, and now I have a fine of 91 Euro.

And yes I know it sounds like a bull story, but that's how it happened. If I was working in eFlow, I'd think I was a looney too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Del2005 wrote: »
    Check your CC/laser statement. The payment will be on that, it may gone though on the wrong reg. Give them the date and time and the transaction number(if it's visible) and you will be OK.

he says no amount went out from his account...effectively he hasnt paid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tough - but if you don't have any evidence of the transaction, then there's not much you can do.

Always pay over the internet and print out the receipt (or take a screenshot). I have a folder full of them at this stage, and I've had to use them several times. Otherwise, if paying over the phone, request and write down the receipt number or transaction number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

corktina wrote: »
    he says no amount went out from his account...effectively he hasnt paid....

surely the initial charge was paid?
    two times that it was "paid" but no money left the account sounds implausible and if it goes to court could cause issues. "once bitten" and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

weh i paid onece i asked for a reciept
    they said they didn't give one, seems like they want it all thier own way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

OP just a few questions:

Have you paid the toll? If you've paid the toll then you've physically spent money not just given someone your CC details.

If so, have you got a paper-trail to back this up? Persumably so as I'm not aware of many people paying cash and not receiving a print out (i.e. if you pay over the counter in a shop they'll give you a receipt)

If you haven't paid the toll then pay your €155.

By the way I hate eflow - robbing ********.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Tigger wrote: »
    weh i paid onece i asked for a reciept
    they said they didn't give one, seems like they want it all thier own way

And people say the English language has been ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

When you pay by phone normally they give you a confirmation or transaction number, I'm assuming you weren't given one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Effectively, OP, while you attempted payment, it hasn't been made, so you are caught. I suggest you talk to their PR dept (if they have one) and explain your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Shane732 wrote: »

Back seat modding I know but I hate that sh!te. If you've nothing to say then say nothing :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I intially attempted to make the payment over the interent. I got a receipt number which I stupidly never printed and the money never left my account therefore I had not paid. I made a call when i got a bill for €42 to explain I had paid over the interent. That is when the lady said if I gave her my details she would just charge me €6 instead of €42.

I gave the details but this transaction never hit my card so effectively I have not paid them.

My issue is the fact they record all calls means they have a recording of this conversation and if they can find this then they have proof of my payment (or attmepted payment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

bobbyg wrote: »
    I intially attempted to make the payment over the interent. I got a receipt number which I stupidly never printed and the money never left my account therefore I had not paid. I made a call when i got a bill for €42 to explain I had paid over the interent. That is when the lady said if I gave her my details she would just charge me €6 instead of €42.

I gave the details but this transaction never hit my card so effectively I have not paid them.

My issue is the fact they record all calls means they have a recording of this conversation and if they can find this then they have proof of my payment (or attmepted payment).

Write in and make an request for your calls under data protection laws. They'll have to dig them up then. Check your phone bill for call times or if you are pre-pay contact your phone company and ask them for the times, they have to keep call details for several years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Let them sing for it. How much would it cost them to bring you to court? More than what's owed me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

I've got the same problem. No printer at home, and I've never had a problem with eflow before, so I didn't save the page when it went through. No record of it in my bank account, no record of it on their end, and now I have a fine of 91 Euro.

And yes I know it sounds like a bull story, but that's how it happened. If I was working in eFlow, I'd think I was a looney too.

Download something called CutePDF Writer. It installs a virtual printer on the machine that prints in PDF format. Tis handy when my printer isnt in a mood to play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Shane732 wrote: »

It's not the Creative Writing forum and we're not grammar Nazis - leave it out please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Let them sing for it. How much would it cost them to bring you to court? More than what's owed me thinks

um it wouldnt cost them as they would be awarded costs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

corktina wrote: »
    um it wouldnt cost them as they would be awarded costs....
    Only if they have a concrete case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

i always pay on time but still get fines and solicitors letters on a regular basis,i just ring them and tell them i have the receipt so if they want to come out to my house when im available to see the receipt theyre welcome,but dont lift a finger for that awful crowd if you dont have to its their mess up, i ignored their demands and summonses and nothing has happened "yet":mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Download Cute PDF, this will allow you to "print" it as a PDF file in case you need it at a later date. You can then email it to someone with a printer.
    The best thing is it is free!

EDIT: Just spotted some one else already recommended this. DOH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

I dont envy you. this is soo frustrating but if there is anything I would say to you, it is REGISTER. I had similar problems in the past, i registered and there has been no mistakes since. my toll gets paid and I don’t have to worry about fines anymore.

Advertisement