Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaurds received application

Options
  • 10-03-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

lads received a letter from the station today, saying that they have received my application, and that it will take 3 months, i have it handed in with 5 weeks already, so is it 3 months from the date of this letter :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

If you do not recieve an answer from the Gardai within 3 months of the date of application then you stand deemed refused. There have, however, been people who have received their license well after the three months are up so as with most things, it is not a hard and fast rule.

The receipt of application they send out is boiler plate so be aware of what date is three months form the date you handed it in.

It also makes sense to keep a log of all communications and conversations had with respect to your application - who, when, where, what - Just in case.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i was wondering like because the gaurd i gave it to said it should only take 5 to 6 weeks, and i have 5 done, but this letter got me thinking it said on it that i will have a decision by 26 of may :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

While I think B'man is correct , there maybe some differences ...

my new app was in for 5 months before been granted .

nothing in the post for like 3.5 months , got receipt letter then , 4 weeks later got the payment letter .

I asked my FO and he said its 3 months from the date of the receipt letter as thats when it goes in to the system .. till then they have no way of offically knowing when you handed it in .

but again I dunno whos right there , give you FO a call .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I got 2 granted letters after 4 month's, yet I got my rifle one within 3 week's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

3 months starts when you hand it in just get a receipt when you hand it in, not as easy as it sounds though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

hi jap gt

IMHO I wouldn't be unduly concerned about this. I recieved the letter of acknowledgement / receipt for both my applications after a couple of weeks (same type of wording as your own, i'm guessing) - Then within the next couple of days I subsequently received my grant letters.

From what I've seen, it appears that you are only issued with the letter of acknowledgment / receipt once someone inputs your application into the system - To look at it optimistically, you're now in the system, and, fingers crossed, your grant letter is winging it's merry way to you through the system (postal and pulse) as we speak.

On another note:
    till then they have no way of offically knowing when you handed it in

I'd suggest you keep a copy of everything you submit - along with a record of the date the application was submitted. The relevant date is not IMHO the date some paper-pusher decides to move your application from one pile to another and stops off at the pulse computer on the way - It is the date the application is submitted by you (so make sure you have a record of that date - I included cover letters with my applications and kept copies, just in case;))

Either way, best of luck - and keep us posted on how you get on! :)

thanks for the advice lads, i have photocopies of everything i sent in and received. will keep ye posted

got the grant letter in the post this moring, just after paying now so happy days until i rang the dealer and he has gone on holidays for two weeks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

jap gt wrote: »
    got the grant letter in the post this moring, just after paying now so happy days until i rang the dealer and he has gone on holidays for two weeks :o

fair play. at least now you know you will have your rifle in 2 weeks, just in time for the good weather [ hopefully ] :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

jap gt wrote: »

That's a bummer, similar happen to me with the CZ, licence came two days before I was due to travel for ten days. I reckoned it was safer in the dealers, but I was in the middle of the desert, thinking if I was home now I have the rifle;) However, at least you know its your now. Congrats.

• Advertisement

was looking at the grant letter again it was granted only 3 weeks after i haded in my applocation, seriously fast turn around for a first time application :D

Advertisement