Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Inlet Valve Clogged??

• 10-03-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hello all
    Some months back our dishwasher PowerPoint TW36FI was clogged and we paid someone to come out and unclog it so they said, well today it seems the same thing is happened not filling up and just beeping. ive been reading around the internet and it seems to be the water inlet valve that’s clogged?. it seems the outlet drains fine.

I took off the two lower inspection panels and checked the float valve and it seems to be moving freely up and down. But I don’t seem to see the water inlet valve unless its to the rear of the unit where the cold feed enters? Unfortunately this bloody thing is built in and it will be a pain in the arse to take out. Any help to save me a headache welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Assuming it's in your kitchen close by the sink (the usual place) I would expect that the cold water supply comes from that to the cold tap in the sink. Normally there would be a red handled globe valve on the pipe to the dishwasher, with a rubber pipe connected to it and the dishwasher, probably in the cupboard under the sink. If you turn off the valve by turning the handle through 90 degrees you would then be able to unscrew the rubber pipe connection, inside of which there should be a filter that you can take out and clean. If you can't get at the valve then you can't turn the water to the washer off if anything goes wrong, and that would be a very bad installation job by someone!

Advertisement