Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jimmy Cake, Seadog, Patrick Kelleher, Whelans, sat 20th March

• 10-03-2010 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

g'day...

THE JIMMY CAKE

plus special guests Sea Dog & Patrick Kelleher
    Saturday 20th March, 7:30pm
    Whelan’s, 25 Wexford St, Dublin 2
    Tickets €12 (ex booking fee) available from www.tickets.ie, Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, WaV Tickets [lo-call 1890 200 078], City Discs and Road Records.

Whelanslive.com are proud to celebrate 10 years of instrumental rock guru’s THE JIMMY CAKE on Saturday 20th March. Currently in preparation for a new album due this summer they play home from home Whelan’s of Wexford Street where the new material will get another airing before finally being committed to disk. Tickets are €12 (ex booking fee) available from tickets.ie, Ticketmaster & WAV [lo-call 1890 200 078].

Formed in 2000 from the simmering ashes of the recently defunct Das Madman, The Jimmy Cake were only initially to play a one off show in Eamonn Dorans. But people kept coming, and the music kept getting louder.

Following on from 2008s critically acclaimed Spectre and Crown, The Jimmy Cake have a new set and a new sound. Reduced from a cast of hundreds to a slimmed down six piece, we find the Jimmy Cake’s music equally stripped back: where once there were strings, accordion and tubas there is now the esoteric appeal of the vintage synths and tightly coiled, pounding rhythms. Guitars are back, and they mean to do some business. Headlifting, powerful, hypnotic, the Jimmy Cake have embraced change once more, and, it’s with this feckless bravado in mind that they embark on their latest adventure. In 2009 they have played to a full Meeting House Sq at the DEAF fundraiser and on the Crosby Stage at Electric Picnic. Expect a new album this summer.

The Jimmy Cake are:
    Lisa Carey, Dip, Parx, Vincent Dermody, John Dermody, Patrick Kelleher and Paul G. Smyth

www.thejimmycake.org
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Jimmy-Cake/79369849105#!/pages/The-Jimmy-Cake/79369849105
    www.myspace.com/deadseadogs
    www.myspace.com/patrickkelleher

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Awesome line up, hopefully make this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jimmy C

That's this Saturday folks. Bumpity bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I have yet to see Patrick Kelleher live, his gigs keep clashing with other things I have on. Annoyingly, again I don't think I'm going to get to see him this weekend.

As for the Jimmy Cake, I've gone off them a bit since I saw them last year in the Twisted Pepper. Their performance lacked energy and became repetitive, I left before the end. Not sure if I'd shell out to see them again after that.

we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something. we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something.we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something. :)

paddy kelleher will be coming to a venue near you at some stage, do yourself a favour, and check that boy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Jimmy C wrote: »
    we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something. we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something.we here at cake towers are great believers in repetition, though we also understand it ain't everyone's bag. we've been repeating ourselves for years as it is. we like to think that the repetition is the essence of the truth of the point of the veritas of core of the music. or something. :)

I know I know I know I know. :)

And believe me I really wanted to like that gig, I've seen ye before many times and always enjoyed your performance. Maybe it was just that one night, I don't know.
    paddy kelleher will be coming to a venue near you at some stage, do yourself a favour, and check that boy out.

Will do indeed. He is definitely at the top of my to-see list.

• Advertisement

just to let you know, we'll be starting early to accomodate our two excellent guests. doors are 7.30, and if you want to see Seadog and PK, and you do, be there!

Advertisement