Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you sell on this site?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I've been messing around with a business network for a few months and I'm still thinking of revenue streams for it. There has been a bit of interest but I'm not even finished the site yet.

I want to have as many free features as possible on the site. I now have the ability to build online shops for each company on the site and I am about to launch a marketing campaign. I am just wondering do you think people would be interested in selling their products through a business network like this?

Basically they sign up to the site, create/ add a company and then they can sell online. Would people here see any interest in this? Would you see any potential problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The URL would affect my decision. Businez? It's hard to market without (And no offence meant) people jumping to the conclusion that a teenage girl who uses 3's for E, 1's for I's, etc came up with it.

That aside, it's a good site. Perhaps you need some very clear call to actions on the main page though, there's a hell of a lot going on there, and I find it hard at an immediate glance to identify what the site is about, and what I'm supposed to be doing there. Just with everything being white and green, you feel compelled to read the entire page from top to bottom to find out what the site is about, rather than your vision being focused in on a short factual statement about what the site is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

How would you work the payments side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Thanks for the comments PaintDoctor. I take your point on not knowing what the hell to do on the site. I will work on it. The reason I got mybusinez.com is because I couldn't seem to get any domain name with business in it.
    RoadKillTs wrote: »
    How would you work the payments side of things?

Either users would have their own paypal account (I know many people have one) and we would charge a registration fee. Or we could take a small percentage of each sale. There are good and bad points for both.

I know some people have issues with Paypal so moneybookers, wirecard, Realex could also be options.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Put it this way, you have products to sell and we'd get you (potentially) thousands of customers. The site is also a business network so you can meet other companies to do business with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is every shop located on one site and domain, where your main site is like a directory of shops with their own site within yours?

If so will they all look the same or have their own branding and theme etc, also how much control will they have over the online shop? Do they have other pages for contact details and information about themselves, or for feedback and customer issues?

What if another competitor of one of the shops also wants to sign up to your site?

What happens if they need support, the shop system isnt working or the payment system isnt working. If for example there was an issue with the online shop would that mean all of them would go down at once?

Apart from the networking element im not sure why someone would choose to go with your option over having their own ecommerce solution on their own website with their own domain. They would be found online easier in search engine results having their own website and domain and they would have control over all elements of the website and its content.

Advertisement