Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a second-hand Blackberry. What should I look for?

• 10-03-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi I have a mate in the UK who can get me a second-hand Blackberry. For some reason he has several - 8520, 8900, 9700 etc. which are both UK and US, "unlocked" and tied to a network (Vodafone, T-mobile etc)

I'm looking for one which I can just take my current vodafone pay-as-you-go SIM card and put it into the Blackberry

So what should I look for? Presumably an "unlocked" one? Preferably originating in the UK?

Advice appreciated. Tech dunce here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Now, with pay as you go sim you won't get emails and imessaging won't work. Make sure that blackberrys pin number is untied from current network, otherewise in the future you won't be able to use BIS. If you will be using blackberry on pay as u go ,then it doesn't matter. To be honest if you won't be using it on BIS I don't see the reason of having a blackberry. You will only be able to text and ring that's it. No applications will work for you. Like facebook and so on. Any questions just ask.

Advertisement